Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't turn off fullscreen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2010
The game wont let me turn off fullscreen no matter what I do. I need help.

Delver
May 29, 2009
Hit ESC to open your settings. Make sure you don' have the "Full Screen" box checked. The first line changes your resolution. Depending on your monitor size you can toggle through several choices. I usually play on 800x600 when I'm dual boxing on my laptop. Some choices will automatically check the Full Screen box so you will probably want to bypass those. Also make sure that once you are playing you don't accidentally hit the maximize button on the top right. But if you do you can always press ESC & undo it by unchecking the box then resume play.

~SM~

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Generally, when asking for technical help you should be sure to list your operating system and all the things you've tried so far.

For example, the first advice I'd give for toggling off full screen is to change your video aspect ratio settings in the game. Some ratio settings won't let you go off the full-screen, while others will. It will be under video settings in the game settings section. Changing to a different ratio might help, for example: 1064 x 768.

If you've tried changing the screen ratio and still can't get away from full screen, contacting support is probably your best bet. You can get to them by clicking "Help?" in the upper right corner of this page. Be sure the email connected to your account is up to date, since KI will contact you there.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I'm assuming you already toggled this in the options menu.

Ensure you press the "Ok" button at the very bottom of the screen to apply the change.

You may need to alter your resolution settings too trying choosing a lower options from what's available.

If all fails, try contacting support:

support@wizard101.com