Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How much health do mobs and bosses have in Azteca?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
I'm in Avalon right now and I want to be prepared.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Street Mobs range from around 3000 - 5000 health. Bosses range from around 20000 - 30000 health. It can be really slow. You’ll spend at least 15-20 minutes per boss fight because of their absurdly high health.

Thomas Wildstaff, 91

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
There is a good increase in difficulty when leaving Avalon to Azteca, please note the following:

Mobs - The mobs are a little smarter and health are much higher. The least I can recall you might see it about around 2,500. However, do not let the mobs in the first couple streets fool you, as you know, those are just a little warm up as the difficulty steadily increases. Mobs can go up to about 5000 or somewhere there about in health (particularly mobs).

Hits - The mobs also hit quite hard. Storm ones for example enjoy using Sirens and Storm Lord, some will occasionally use Enfleeble. They also make excellent use of aura spells, especially Inflallible limiting their fizzle rate.
Watch out for Wildbolts that always seem to critical!

Bosses - Bosses range from 18,000 - 40,000. One thing to note here though, most bosses have a mastery to a second school. Meaning, they will at their will, interchangeably use spells that will not only be their main school type.
Example: Cipactli is a death boss but has a school mastery, he loves using Ice Kraken and cheats too :)
La Jefa Quetzal is a life boss but has a school mastery. Watch out for her Efreet!

Bosses also use their school shields in defending themselves. So, don't be surprised when a life boss uses Legend Shield. In cases like theses, when fighting your own school boss, it's very important you convert quickly before they shield.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Life Bosses will also heal a lot more than they might have done in Avalon. They know Satyr and Rebirth in addition to Guiding Light. They don't do this commonly though, but it does happen.

Collecting Quests - There's also a lot more of these, and the drop rates (even though improved) are not the best. Try not to get annoyed by them too much.

The Astral School Quests are solo instances only and will involve you taking on thee enemies at once, the boss and two of his mobs. Use henchmen if you have to.

Good Luck!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
The first Mobs you'll deal with clock in at the high 2000s each. Bosses 15,000-20,000

I'm in the Floating Lands (I know I'm close to done because I only have one more Zeke item to find) Mobs low 4,000s Bosses 25,000-40,000

I have no info about the final fights

Steven Ghoststalker

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Star Edward on Apr 3, 2018 wrote:
There is a good increase in difficulty when leaving Avalon to Azteca, please note the following:

Mobs - The mobs are a little smarter and health are much higher. The least I can recall you might see it about around 2,500. However, do not let the mobs in the first couple streets fool you, as you know, those are just a little warm up as the difficulty steadily increases. Mobs can go up to about 5000 or somewhere there about in health (particularly mobs).

Hits - The mobs also hit quite hard. Storm ones for example enjoy using Sirens and Storm Lord, some will occasionally use Enfleeble. They also make excellent use of aura spells, especially Inflallible limiting their fizzle rate.
Watch out for Wildbolts that always seem to critical!

Bosses - Bosses range from 18,000 - 40,000. One thing to note here though, most bosses have a mastery to a second school. Meaning, they will at their will, interchangeably use spells that will not only be their main school type.
Example: Cipactli is a death boss but has a school mastery, he loves using Ice Kraken and cheats too :)
La Jefa Quetzal is a life boss but has a school mastery. Watch out for her Efreet!

Bosses also use their school shields in defending themselves. So, don't be surprised when a life boss uses Legend Shield. In cases like theses, when fighting your own school boss, it's very important you convert quickly before they shield.

This last part is precisely why I keep using the Sky Iron Hasta on my Ice.