Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shining Scales

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
I've been fishing for shining scales for a very long time. I've opened at least over 30 chests and followed suggestion after suggestion, and I have bought energy at least 3 times. Everything I have done has failed to get me a single shining scale. I also purchased gear to improve my chances of success and still nothing. Are the shining scales so rarely that I have one out of a million chance of getting it, or are they no longer collectible? Either way, this is a massive problem.

Is there anybody who may have a solution to this problem. I have tried multiple fishing spots. My luck is at 32%. I'm at the point of leaving this game permanently. Any help will be appreciated. (I have tried the bazaar as well)

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
During the fishing benefit a couple of weeks ago, I mostly fished from Elephant Graveyard. Not only did I get a bunch of Beckett wands, but some of those chests had shining scales as well. The best way to go is winnow death on the right side since there are two types of death fish over there. Also, with your luck, you could also try to get those sentinels, which might also be chests.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
The easiest way I have come across is by winnowing ice fish in the acropolis house. A complete guide to this method was posted on wizard101central here: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?493346-hehehehe-gold!-a-guide-for-easy-Shiny-Scales&p=5481714#post5481714

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
Thank you both for your responses. I tried the elephant graveyard, but I didn't remove the sentinel fish this time. I was able to get my 3 shining scales. I'm not sure if the sentinels made the probability of getting scales improve or not, but I got them either way.