Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Muting!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2014
I have a good question, why do KI mute for 10 years instead of making the mute permanent?? Do you guys not think the game will last that long or something?? Please don't take this offensively. It is just a question

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
I feel this is an indication of your status with them.

A 10 Year Mute is just slightly under the threshold of being banned.

So, I see it as a final warning.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
dylan615a on Feb 8, 2018 wrote:
I have a good question, why do KI mute for 10 years instead of making the mute permanent?? Do you guys not think the game will last that long or something?? Please don't take this offensively. It is just a question
And Wizard101 will be celebrating it's TENTH year, so if you received that ten year mute punishment in the first year of W101, then your muting will end soon!!!!! ( Try not to make the same mistake, ok? )

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
dylan615a on Feb 8, 2018 wrote:
I see a 10 year mute as this:

"We see that this kid is quite immature and can't be trusted not to run his mouth off in violation of the rules. Therefore, we'll silence him for ten full years, thus giving him plenty of time to grow up."

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Have to agree with Taylor here.

I don't see anything else or any punishment that is worse than a decade of being muted other than being banned.

Mistakes like this doesn't occur often, so I'm guessing your or whoever's actions must've really crossed a line.

That said, I'd probably assume they don't issue permanent bans as they believe that they wanted to display the chance for you to use the time reflectively (looking back at your indiscretions) while the ban is in progress.

And again, an indication that KI is angry (muting) but not fed up (banned).