Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard City Wizard

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
I have a level 53 ice account, and was wondering if I should make a death account. Im on the verge of doing it, but have an issue. Time: I already devote a lot of time to wizard101, and feel that my main account would not get as much attention. I want some pros and cons of making an account from you guys.
P.S. I want death school, but if you can persuade me otherwise, then

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
Lol wow I haven't gotten a single reply pretty saddening

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Mainly because we can't tell you what you should do. You know your schedule and limitations better than we do. Also, I'm sure you're capable of making a pros and cons list yourself.

I made a second wizard when I maxed out my first one, but that was way back when the max was level 50. (Then I made a third, and a fourth, and a fifth...)

The cons are, sometimes it's hard to decide which wizard to work on. Also, taking care of gardens and daily assignments can be hugely time consuming if I try to do them with all my wizards.

The pros are, I always have something to do and can switch characters when I get bored or frustrated with an area. Another plus is if I get an off-school gear item from a dungeon, with multiple wizards I can pass it to another wizard instead of having to trash it.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Young Wizard,

Please don't feel sadden or disrespected by the "pass over" of your post. Many of us (like myself) probably didn't see it and hence didn't reply.

So, I'll offer my thoughts.

If you intend on making a , I'll say, go ahead!

So, I'll do the Pros and Cons from my experience with the school and a mixture of others:

Pros

• Easy to use - Death is an easy school to not only get accustomed to, but also to use. The school usually relies on the simple mechanic of blading, trapping and attacking.
  • Access to Charms/Wards Early - The school provides quests which allows you to learn your key charm (Deathblade - level 7) and Death Trap (Level 8). This will allow you to dish out heavy damage at the origin of your adventures! As opposed to Ice that has to wait until all the way at level 38 for example.
  • Draining Spells - The key feature of death spells is the ability to gain life upon attacking. Usually referred to as Drain Spells, they heal you and damage the opponent at the same time. Examples are Ghoul and Vampire. Note that half the damage done is converted to HP for your wizard. So, the amount of health given back is based on the damage done. So, build up your combos!

- Creepy - The school and quests a like are creepy. If you're into haunted and spooky things, then this is obviously the school for you. To add, the school is also actually pretty fun to use!

- Access to DoT's - DoT's (Damage Over Time) are essential to breaking shields. You'll find that as a death, you may need to remove pesky tower shields used by Ice Mobs. Spells such as Poison will greatly help out!

- Dworgyn - Dworgyn is your school's professor! Can't argue too much about that, right? :P

- High Accuracy - How can I forget? The school has a base 85% for most of it's spells! So, you won't have to worry about fizzling as much.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Following up:

Cons:

Damage - The school suffers from low damage. It's barely if not the same as Ice's. That being said, you will need to employ creative tactics such as the use of your multiple wards (Feint, Curse, Death Traps) to add to dealing massive damage.

Sun Enchants - Being drain health spells, enchanting these spells using magic will not fully add the entire amount stated on the card to that particular death spell. So, bare that in mind. The primary reason for this is implied above. The spells reward you with health as well.

Spells Can Be Used Against You - Healing spells such as Sacrifice, buffing spells such as Dark Pact will do damage to you. Meaning, any Death Blades you may have will break, dealing much more unnecessary damage to you. Persons have mentioned that this is not fair to the school and that the damage done should be instead as so to avoid breaking your charms hence dealing the additional damage.

Lowest Tier In PvP - If you don't plan on Pvping, then this doesn't really apply to you. But if you do, keep in mind that Death doesn't have many "abilities" it can employ in Pvping. That said, the school becomes entirely predictable and as such, easy to counter.

That's all.

There's a few more here and there (such as easy group play and effective spamming (plague) ) but I touched on the major areas that you should consider if you intend on making a .

Good Luck!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
In regards to your time management.

Well, that's entirely up to you.

What I will point out is that you should consider the amount of time you'll have and decide on a suitable membership that will maximize this.

Make your character though!

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017