Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2018 10th Anniversary Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
codyblueshield10 on Apr 4, 2018 wrote:
What about adding more parts to Wizard City like quests depending on level. Maybe get to equip another type of gear. Have an all-access day so you can go anywhere without a membership or do pvp. There is a lot of things that should be done for ten years.
I love the idea of adding more areas to Wizard City especially if there were new stories not just battle dungeons. A new story that sent us back to every area of WC. I really hope -- OH YES!!! During the work they are doing in the Commons now the could find something buried or bricked in a wall -- something curious that leads to disturbing and then to a new MISSION D:

Survivor
Sep 11, 2013
For the wizatd101 10th birthday I would love to see part 2 of Empryrea come out level cap go to 130 and some old bundles come back and put into like a bunndle balooza kinda thing

Defender
Aug 15, 2010
These ideas I have may be ridiculous, but god, I can't believe it's been 10 whole years, my first moments in Wizard City, my orientation, meeting Ms. Wu, giving Private Stillson the wax seal to go into Unicorn Way! Oh my Bartelby, 3,650 days since this game was released 4,161,000 minutes since this game went live. 249,660,000 seconds since the game would have started. It's come so far, and it's thanks to us! Not to be self absorbed but we made this game!

Here's my Wishlist for the 10 Year Party!

1. 10,000 Crowns, Yes, I know it's ridiculous, but 10. Whole. Years. I think it's worth it!

2. A New Dungeon for all levels! It will work similar to the 3 towers on Halloween but it'd be more diversified.

3. Birthday House

4. Birthday Mount (Perm)

5. A board in the Commons displaying how many players there are, like the population board, but it's uploaded live.

6. Birthday Pet, pertaining to your school!

7. This is a huge stretch, but a giant crystal ball where you can replay random moments from your time in the game!

I know these are huge! But 10 years! I can't believe it!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
superspy2 on May 8, 2018 wrote:
These ideas I have may be ridiculous, but god, I can't believe it's been 10 whole years, my first moments in Wizard City, my orientation, meeting Ms. Wu, giving Private Stillson the wax seal to go into Unicorn Way! Oh my Bartelby, 3,650 days since this game was released 4,161,000 minutes since this game went live. 249,660,000 seconds since the game would have started. It's come so far, and it's thanks to us! Not to be self absorbed but we made this game!

Here's my Wishlist for the 10 Year Party!

1. 10,000 Crowns, Yes, I know it's ridiculous, but 10. Whole. Years. I think it's worth it!

2. A New Dungeon for all levels! It will work similar to the 3 towers on Halloween but it'd be more diversified.

3. Birthday House

4. Birthday Mount (Perm)

5. A board in the Commons displaying how many players there are, like the population board, but it's uploaded live.

6. Birthday Pet, pertaining to your school!

7. This is a huge stretch, but a giant crystal ball where you can replay random moments from your time in the game!

I know these are huge! But 10 years! I can't believe it!
I like all your ideas Superspy2, especially number 5, how many players, I think we'd all be stunned if we knew.

Idea 1, I think if anything 10 crowns are more realistic -- given how many players there are and especially if we get a free gift too.

Birthday mount, house and pet - who wouldn't love that.

On the Birthday house it would be enough for me if there was a Birthday Expo set up that we could all visit -- maybe with displays from past things from the game? Characters, storylines, sketches, things that were scrapped and never made it into the game, etc. etc. A sort of walk through the history of Wiz 101.

Crystal ball replaying random moments -- I dunno if they've been recording those? But a Birthday Expo or museum of the game's past maybe an interactive museum or that has mini games in it also -- or trivia maybe -- would be a taste of the past we could all experience as one?

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
Area51Alien on Jan 3, 2018 wrote:
Adding this quote from Professor Falmea's December letter...

Long before even the first leaf began turning color, we were hard at work planning for next year, and let me tell you, it’s going to be beyond epic. We’ll be turning ten years old and celebrating all year long. Everything old will be new again. Our list of plans is long and ambitious and we can’t wait to share it all with you. But for now, we’ll take a brief respite in the VIP section of the Leisure Dome in Zanadu and let Alyvia the Muse crank up the music while we celebrate the close of a crazy fun 2017. Have a warm, happy, and safe holiday, and we’ll greet 2018 together!

See you in the Spiral,

Leah "Professor Falmea" Ruben
Senior Producer of MMO Content

So, "Everything old is NEW again"

What do you think KI has in store for us?

Steven Ghoststalker
I think they are rebuilding the entirety of wizard city into something a little more intense and cool

Explorer
Feb 21, 2016
a new house for everyone even if they're not lvl 15 it would basically be a massive house that has a massive room like maybe a hall and stair way up to the top so like a school it has a corridor that you can go up and there are rooms
it can be anything you want even a hotel or a restraunt or maybe your standerd castle magic house anything is posible it will also have a modern time room that has a computer and when you use it you get a free gift

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Been thinking about this ALL year.
I would love to see new badges.
Service badges for time playing 101, I have been around a LONG
time and there is no way to distinguish your length of service to
other that may need the help of a VETERAN player.
Not realy liking the mount idea cause it wouldn't set long time players
apart but might work if you implement a Malarian dragon with different looks like
they did a time ago.
Also, party themed items would be great also....
Just a thought.

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
I have a few ideas of my own:

1. 2500 crowns (last year we got 1250 crowns and this is the 10th anniversary)

2. 10 quests that get more and more unique as we go along them. Maybe the 10th quest is the biggest quest of them all. I would also like to see unique rewards.

3. A free crown shop pack (because why not)

4. Make Wizard 101 free to encourage players to play the full game.

5. 7th wizard slot.

6. Make the drop rate for perm spells more common.

7. Add a thing for pet training so you can re roll your pet talent for a low amount of crowns if the pet fails.

8. Add in a special mount or pet fro players who have played the game for a long time.

9. Advertise the game more to gain new players.

10. Listen to our ideas and help fix PVP. For example:

. No jade gear
. Loremaster, Juju, Supernova, Wild bolt, Insane bolt should be five pips.
. Guardian spirit spell should be banned
. Shadow enhanced spells should be banned
. Lower the critical rate for PVP
. Make it so both players who PVP, start off with the same amount of pips to make it fair
. Make it so players can find matches for quickly
. People who are level 100 private should not go up against a max warlord
. Remove turn based matches (it's incredibly broken)

These are just some of my ideas, what other ideas do you guys have?

Jason DeathFlame

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I love the ideas that others have come up with.

But I feel I must add another set of random ideas:

Make the entirety pf Wizard City, FREE to play. It might encourage new players to stick around.

Crossovers with Pirate101.

More quests in the "older" areas of the game.

S Gs

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Anyone know when exactly the 10th Anniversary will begin?

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
SparkleTude on May 24, 2018 wrote:
Anyone know when exactly the 10th Anniversary will begin?
Around September.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Some ideas might have already been said before, but here's a list of things I wish to see/occur in the game.

1. Free 2 Unicorn Hoard Packs for everyone.
2. A limited time-only, unique permanent mount. The perm is only available for a day or two and the code will expire.
3. Pigsie treasure cards become craftable.
4. Free 2000 Crowns for everyone.
5. Make Wizard City and Krokotopia free (if not, at least half of it), so that newcomers would be able to experience a completely different world and explore more areas.
6. Another available character slot.
7. Free 3 Stone Skeleton Keys, as they are more difficult to farm for/drop than Wooden or Golden Skeleton Keys.
8. Please listen to the PvP community, as Trigon has already said.
9. Member benefits be extended than 3 days.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Well this isn't really Anniversary related, but just to add more to the list of ideas I want to see in the future:
1) How about more interactive housing features and animation ? Like sitting down on chairs? Swimming in bodies of water? I feel like this might encourage people to put in some effort into housing. And it would make for interesting screenshots lol.
2) Having a brief character bio or backstory on your profile, similar to what they have in Pirate101, but different. It would show which world you are from, 3 positive traits that describes you the most, in-game hobbies like crafting or fishing, etc. It's nothing big, but it would just make things a little more interesting than they are.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
First off i would like to thank everyone for all their wonderful ideas, many of you have hit on a number of exciting points. Here is my list of ideas and desires for the game.

1. a new multi-passenger mount like the Malorian Dragon, Hydra, Pirate boat, etc. My desire would be for it to be a dragon similar in appearance to the Frontier/Pioneer or Malorian Dragon mounts already in game. I have been a member since way back near the beginning and when i found out about the Frontier/Pioneer Dragon mounts i was crushed to find that it was a 5th anniversary GIFT to people who were signed up prior to release and during the first year only.

2. Love the idea previously mentioned about increasing the drop rate of learned spells from NPC's such as loremaster.

3. the pet talent re-roll for crowns to reset your pets undesirable talents to ones more akin to your goals.

4. the shared item bank between accounts on a family of accounts would be super helpful, since i have 5 accounts on my family of accounts and i commonly triple-box 125 storm, 86 balance, and 64 life together to avoid waiting hours on team up queue at the high end worlds. Recently i spent a dozen gold keys at the verboten mimic to get my critical ring and ended up getting death and balance first. as fore mentioned my balance is on another account.

5. paying subscribers should get a percentage off in crown shop since they are already paying monthly, and it will promote more crown purchases by subscribers.

6. free crowns - quantity ??? (figure 60,000c for $60 = 1000c/$1) so if they give everyone 1000c then you're getting $1 for free, kinda cheap and more of an insult imho. so maybe do the whole random amount code they did recently for say 5,000 - 60,000c randomly generated, i mean come on they cost KI nothing to produce and will inspire desire to purchase more of them in the future.

7. last but not least open ALL of wizard city to all players f2p and p2p, after all the first area in krokotopia is free already.

Peace!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
deathsummoner4 on May 24, 2018 wrote:
Around September.
* Happy Dance *

Thank you.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
Everything-a-palooza and all member bonuses for a 10 day period.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
T4T2FR34K on May 25, 2018 wrote:
Everything-a-palooza and all member bonuses for a 10 day period.
This would be AWESOME lol

Survivor
May 01, 2009
Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
anecorbie on Dec 22, 2017 wrote:
Those are all very good ideas, but maybe a year's worth of celebration may be a bit much? How about a permanent mount for all wizards with membership before the Birthday celebrations begin?
As I recall, KI does give free mounts for special occasions and what could be more special than 10 years of this game?
Maybe also a free one-of-a-kind pet for everyone, Member and non-member alike?
Or a special pack to be retired after the celebration with a good enough drop rate for the "good stuff"?
Agreed, they are all great ideas, but a years worth of celebration might be a bit too much. That being said 10 years is a ridiculous amount of time for any MMO to still be around. While I no longer play the game that often and have my own criticism about the game, I've gotta give credit where credit is due. Good job KingsIsle a decade and still going.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
I think wizs who played through Beta and have paid membership for almost 10 years should be recognized with special items. Playing for 10 years is quite an achievement and a rarity because we have had to pay a lot ... for 10 years. I don't believe KI understands how much free publicity we've given their games ... for 10 years. Or how much we helped the game become a success by setting up Forums and sites that helped guide and teach new wizards. There was a lot to the game that was never properly covered in tutorials until recently. We started our own Gaming Community, Twizard, for wizs who tweet on Twitter, yet KI won't use our hashtag (though Twitter developed hashtags to use on their social media platform). 10 years of paying membership fees, micro-transactions, and gifting for in-game events, online events, and during Holidays adds up to a lot of $$$. I also think that wizs who have paid and played for 10 years should be given consideration by having Support actually answer their pleas for help. When a new game is in Alpha or Beta stage we should be given first dibs on playing the new game. We should be given longer redeeming code time. The virtual graphic gifts we are given have "x" amount of days before they can't be redeemed. So if you get sick, had a parent or sibling die, lost power during Hurricane or flood, your gifts (are no good) can't even be redeemed, yet these virtual pixel gifts (incur no shipping fees and cost nothing to care for in a physical warehouse).