Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

headless horseman

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2016
death should've gotten the spell for free rather from CHANCE from a pack. we could've gotten a special halloween spell quest from Dworgyn based on our lvl. the spell rivals kraken, doing about 10 more damage. its also way better than skeletal pirate imo. plus low lvl death pvpers now have a spell that will help them win more often now

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Yup, I do wonder why it was put in a limited time Halloween pack.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
But nevertheless, I'm still grateful that Death finally has a 4-pip spell that can pack a punch. Just hoping it won't be nerfed in the future because the damage makes up for the lack of the spell's after-effects and the school's offensive stats.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I disagree with getting it "for free," but would love the chance to either craft it or win it from Loremaster.

Alia Misthaven
Fallon Raven

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Valdus NightWraith on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
death should've gotten the spell for free rather from CHANCE from a pack. we could've gotten a special halloween spell quest from Dworgyn based on our lvl. the spell rivals kraken, doing about 10 more damage. its also way better than skeletal pirate imo. plus low lvl death pvpers now have a spell that will help them win more often now
A Spell that is so very needed by Death should be more readily available yes!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I don't like the idea of "Headless Horseman" spell being available only in a pack. That leaves out all those playing a Death Wizard who can't afford to buy packs after packs hoping for the spell card that can take many thousands of crowns. I'm talking about school teens and collage student who don't have jobs or extra cash to buy crowns. I think Headless Horseman should be available to craft and can get the recipe from Dworgyn for the Halloween season.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
To be honest my death has it and never uses it. I guess maybe its a good spell at the lower levels, but as a max death I find myself not bothering with it.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Heuna on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
To be honest my death has it and never uses it. I guess maybe its a good spell at the lower levels, but as a max death I find myself not bothering with it.
I completely agree, but there were scenarios where spamming it was somehow quite useful to me due to the damage. Turns out it's not as amazing as I was hoping for it to be though, most likely because the spell had no effects added to it. I still find max Death PvP a complete utter disaster, but then again, it may just be me. Death has slightly become easier now, but it definitely won't be a high tier school anytime soon. Just hoping KingsIsle would show more love to the other schools that needs improvement in PvP (Death, Myth and Storm) in the next update, 'cuz at this stage, I don't really find myself as interested in PvP as I was before.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
At some point it will be added to drop tables, lets hope its not Loremaster though, she has way to many spells already!

Then there will b crafting we need to be patient. This idea of having to buy a spell bothers me though, I never have luck with pack spells and usually just wind up waiting for crafting!

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
No need to worry anymore , it's been hinted that the spell will eventually be available for crafting.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
So, how is the spell currently available? Only in a pack? Is it the Gloomthorn pack?

If so it must be extremely rare. I have spent (mumble mumble) and have not received a single Headless Horseman treasure card.

I did get the Jack O'Lantern pet twice though but it took quite a while. It is also in last year's pack though. That pet has the card with it. Is that what you all mean, or is it a standalone TC now?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
SparkleTude on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:
So, how is the spell currently available? Only in a pack? Is it the Gloomthorn pack?

If so it must be extremely rare. I have spent (mumble mumble) and have not received a single Headless Horseman treasure card.

I did get the Jack O'Lantern pet twice though but it took quite a while. It is also in last year's pack though. That pet has the card with it. Is that what you all mean, or is it a standalone TC now?
It's in the Gloomthorn pack

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
SparkleTude on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:

Neither pet nor treasure card. Rumor has it the Headless Horseman is now a trained spell that may drop from the Gloomthorn pack.

I'd like to get it just because ... pretty! ... but will wait for it to be added to the ranks of crafted spells rather than trying to bankrupt myself. (I already spent too much just trying to get one of the Dia de Muerte robes. I wish they'd drop a little more often than never.)

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
deathsummoner4 on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:
No need to worry anymore , it's been hinted that the spell will eventually be available for crafting.
And let me guess, one of the requirements will be 30 Amber Pieces I:

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Thanks Patrick and Freshta.
Yes, what I meant to say was, was the spell a treasure card or a permanent/trained spell. Like the Piggle spell or whatever that was a very random drop from the Wysteria packs.

I'm still unsure but it sounds more like it is a randomly dropped permanent free trained spell. No one has spoken of getting it as a card and it seems ultra rare like the permanent spells in packs.

By the way: Does anyone remember which hoard or lore packs drop permanent spells at random? Thanks.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Star Edward on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:

Amber being in such "plentiful" supply in the Spiral...

*mutter* still need two more to craft Goat Monk *mutter*

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Star Edward on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:

You're close. They're asking for 25.

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
SparkleTude on Oct 19, 2017 wrote:
Thanks Patrick and Freshta.
Yes, what I meant to say was, was the spell a treasure card or a permanent/trained spell. Like the Piggle spell or whatever that was a very random drop from the Wysteria packs.

I'm still unsure but it sounds more like it is a randomly dropped permanent free trained spell. No one has spoken of getting it as a card and it seems ultra rare like the permanent spells in packs.

By the way: Does anyone remember which hoard or lore packs drop permanent spells at random? Thanks.
Aside from Gloomthorn, all the "Lore" packs drop spells ... exceedingly rarely.

Honestly, don't ever get your hopes up that you'll get a spell because they're bound to be dashed.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
I bought 60,000 Crowns worth of Gloomthorn Packs and still no Spell... 60,000!!!! Something needs to change bout this whole getting the Headless Horseman Spell, Its a Necromancers' Worse Nightmare.

- Morgrim Darkmancer

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I might've spent three times that Jack. No permanent mount and no spell.

I'm just sayin'.....

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
that would be favoritism and then they would have to do that for each school. Also all the money they made on the packs to pay awesome people to make new worlds, content, items, voice actors, story writers, art, bug fixing, forum mods, support team, all the other people i may have left out, and keep the game alive wouldn't be there. Wile some players got it in their first few tries there are a lot more that got it after a lot of tries and some not at all.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
I really wish this spell was craftable , it would be so useful for my death

Delver
May 29, 2009
Area51Alien on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:
Amber being in such "plentiful" supply in the Spiral...

*mutter* still need two more to craft Goat Monk *mutter*

Steven Ghoststalker
Have you tried farming Zaneki in Shirataki Temple yet? I'm not sure about recently but this spell dropped very frequently for me. I've gotten it on 7 life wizards and a balance & storm that were helping them (faster farming with blade & tempest). You don't have to do the whole dungeon either. Just the first boss (drops Samoorai) to get the key to the gate then go directly to Air Shrine. This way you can save your amber for crafting other spells :)

Good luck!

~SM~