Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
I know that Kingsisle is busy with the DDOS attacks and all. But I am growing increasingly frustrated with this game and drops. For example: I'm trying to get blade of the felled titan dropped by cronus. I've been farming him for 5 hours now. Nothing. But yet I have 2 friends who have been helping me. They got it there first try. SO WHY CANT I GET IT? Oh here's another example I was crafting and I needed 1 extraordinary treasure card. JUST 1! and it took me 6 or 7 hours to get it. oh but the friends helping me had a combined like 6 or 7. So why did it take me so long to get 1? I'm still trying to get this athame that cronus drops. All I want is 1. so why cant I get it? I know anyone who look at this will say "Well its a random drop" well I'm tired of people who aren't even farming for it get it there first or second try and here I am on try number 20 and still nothing. At this point ill just pay money for it. This is ridiculous. FIX THE DROP RATE!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Yeah I hear you, this can get quite frustrating. I mean it happens with all wanted drops in game, but I definitely struggled with blade of the felled titan when I was farming for it too. And it always seems like one player just can't stop getting the drop while another can't get a single one.

I remember I farmed him on my two accounts, and it seemed like my one character was getting one every other battle( probably not actually that much) , and the second account didn't get a single one until probably close to 100 tries. By that point I had had to delete tons of blades of the felled titan from the first character's backpack, since she had gotten way more of them then I could ever possibly use on a single account.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I had something similar happen with pack purchases. Oh how I wanted the skeleton motorcycle mount. I spent waaaaay too much money on packs (ask my wife). I never did get the mount. Both of my sons bought ONE pack each and BOTH got the mount. ARRRRRGH

So I do understand and feel your pain.

That said, human nature tends to forget the times when randomness goes our way, we only remember the frustration of NOT getting what we wanted. I'd be willing to bet there are some rare drops you've gotten on the first try. The difficulty in "fixing" this "problem" is that it IS random. I'm not sure how KI could fix a random generation without taking away the random factor.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
This is one of the main reasons I like Pirate101 over Wizard101. If you're farming or just fighting mobs; everyone in the team ( or joins you ) gets the same thing!

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 6, 2017 wrote:
This is one of the main reasons I like Pirate101 over Wizard101. If you're farming or just fighting mobs; everyone in the team ( or joins you ) gets the same thing!
Same, so many problems will be solved if that is implemented in Wizard101 as well.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2014
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
There will be a lot less punches to my Desktop and surrounding items to see this implemented I:

Shouldn't be that hard..

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Ok, I could get behind that.

Steven Ghoststalker