Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game not loading

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
i was just on it an hr ago and it kicked me. played for 2 days. plz fix this. been a wizard 101 fan since day one.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
Hey Kingsisle I have an idea how about contacting the FBI and informing them that you guys are being hacked over and over again. counteract the group and shutting them down so this doesn't have to keep happening I don't know if this is an option or if I have the right to say this but you should know as frustrated as you guys are getting with these events your community of gamers is also getting fairly annoyed with these attacks and delay of gameplay. Hoping you guys come up with something to counteract them so this no longer becomes an issue. I seriously recommend contacting the FBI and informing them of all the events that's been taking place. Wish there was something us as a gamer community could do to help benefit the issues. We believe in you Kingsisle.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
lovelyshipssail on Sep 4, 2017 wrote:
Hello. I went to log into wizard 101 today, and I was not able to. It did let me log in once, but it said it was connecting when it got to the wizard 101 screen thing, and it never connected. Is this because of those attacks that were happening? When will it be fixed? And yes, my wifi is working fine, so it couldn't be because of that..
It probably is related to the attacks that were happening, nobody knows when it will be fixed but KI is working on getting everything nice and smooth again.

So relax and let KI work their magic (no pun intended)

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
i know that the ddos attacks are ongoing but plz don't let the losers get a victory over the community. plz extend the birthday party so everyone can have the chance to celebrate. thank you

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
I cant even login because of this! -Justin WildBlood level 94 conjurer. 7:27 p.m. est.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
It's been five days since the initial attack. I honestly don't understand why this is taking so long, though I do appreciate your continue tries at fixing the game. I played all weekend and today without issue. Then POOF, down again with no access at all. Back to the error 107.

I understand it's frustrating at your end, KI, but this is getting real old. Any idea at all when this will finally be fixed; not just bandaided, but fixed?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dworgyn on Sep 4, 2017 wrote:
Our Tech Wizards have continued to work throughout the holiday weekend to address the DDOS attacks, which are ongoing and happen sporadically both day and night. Please know we are committed to restoring quality service as quickly as possible.

Thank you again for your kind messages of support. We value our community and assure you that we will strive to make things right once we are confident the attacks are managed and have subsided.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/wizard101-availability-8ad6a4255e0e26c1015e3e0c016d4fcd/8ad6a4245e0e26b0015e4eb6dcdf346d#8ad6a4245e0e26b0015e4eb6dcdf346d
It worked fine for days and now it's down again. Whatever you are doing (and yes, we do appreciate it), is not enough. Please get some outside help. After five days, you are really pushing your gaming community's patience.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2012
thanks for you heroic efforts in getting the game back up and running again. However it appears you may have been hacked once again! (Dang those persistent DDOS-ers

At a;proximately 4:45pm Mountain Daylight Time today (9-4), I was happily playing when I lost my connection. Sometimes that happens around here (rural area) but when I tried to log back in, the process got stuck on "file progress - logging in" and then from there it went to the 107 error message items/steps. I tried another 5 or 6 times with the same results, so I figured I'd better file a report in the "contact us" under my first report a few days ago, and post it here also.

I wish there was some way us loyal Wiz 101 gamers could help out, and/or wish there was a way to send the "hack" right back into the hacker's systems for a taste of their own medicine!!!

Keep on, keeping on, and the force be with you!

Caroline UnicornSong, Life level 120

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
when do you think this will be fixed. It was working for me just fine earlier today and then it suddenly wont

Survivor
Nov 28, 2012
Oops I spoke too soon...I cannot get on the game...it won't load...

AT&T is my service provider thought they were the problem because DDOS affects servers.

AT&T says they have preventative software to keep this from happening; however, nothing is 100%
at preventing a Trojan from suddenly opening up and then its too late.

So now its the matter of finding it and removal of this issue and because Kingsisle is so big and all
over the world, it will take time so I have learned to be patient with them; after all, getting mad about it won't solve the issue.

I know this is stressful but just hang in there they will fix the problem...they always do.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Dworgyn on Sep 4, 2017 wrote:
Our Tech Wizards have continued to work throughout the holiday weekend to address the DDOS attacks, which are ongoing and happen sporadically both day and night. Please know we are committed to restoring quality service as quickly as possible.

Thank you again for your kind messages of support. We value our community and assure you that we will strive to make things right once we are confident the attacks are managed and have subsided.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/wizard101-availability-8ad6a4255e0e26c1015e3e0c016d4fcd/8ad6a4245e0e26b0015e4eb6dcdf346d#8ad6a4245e0e26b0015e4eb6dcdf346d
Thanks, updates on progress are helpful for players wondering if there is a problem with their equipment etc... and reassuring that something is being tried on your end.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2013
For everyone talking trash on KI, they're working through labor day for ya

Survivor
Aug 02, 2012
I really hope you can extend our memberships if this goes out any longer. I've been patient so far, but it's wearing thin.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
Thank you for all the work you are doing to fix the issues with the game. I am confident you will succeed I miss being able to play but I know you are trying hard and I do not fault KI. Thanks again and good luck

Survivor
Sep 05, 2012
Cartophylys on Sep 4, 2017 wrote:
On the subject of Withdrawal from Wizard 101?

Withdrawal?

I find myself awake at 1 AM,

Wandering through my back yard,

Terrorizing rabbits and screaming

Bunferatu, I know you're here!

while jerking dandelions out of the ground

In search of reagents.

I think it's gone past Withdrawal. Look forward to a solution.
Hilarious!
Pleeeeze KI, Get our game up and running

Survivor
Dec 14, 2013
This afternoon, things cleared up. The hard work you all put in is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
My game play is up at this moment, but unfortunately down for most of the 9th birthday, the goodies like double pet XP and other doubles. I'm hoping that we can restart the 9th birthday, but without the gifts of course, I think 'most' people got those. But still could not play and acquire their double XP's. I'm hoping this is a lasting server up time,
I am hopeful. Thanks for all the good times

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Welp, it finally happened to me. I got the error 107 and the game won't let me log in. I was fighting this boss in Azteca when all of a sudden my internet stopped working and booted me out. This happens to me sometimes, so I restarted my computer (which usually fixed it for me) and tried to log back into the game, when boom, error 107. I rebooted my modem and restarted my computer again, but still error 107. I know for a fact it's not an internet problem either. Which is just great, because I was planning on spending all of today and tomorrow playing, seeing as my school starts on Thursday. Well, not much I can do now. I really hope you guys can stop this DDOS attack soon.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2017
well game its again down , i've been so glad that it works again but now down omg never get 90 buh

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
Sadly they have been having issues with people getting logged in, and staying on. I live on the eastern part of the US Mid. Michigan. and have had issues with hit and miss. I get on when I can and do some training of pets, no heavy fighting of fiends this weekend. And I do have a great side hobby, Cross stitch. So I trade off and keep busy.
I am sure they will get us all fixed up and happy when the find and fix the issues.

Survivor
May 12, 2017
On the west coast here with a high speed connection and cannot log in at all. Have only been able to once since attacks started. True for my Pirates account as well. I have 2 other games that run just fine and have checked my speed so it is not the connection. I hope they prosecute these DDOS attackers.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
KI, many thanks for all your hard work and for extending the birthday party (as annnounced here)!

For everyone's sake, I hope the DDoS attacks will end soon. It certainly seems better at the moment: yesterday I could get on only once, for a very short time (the worst I'd experienced so far), but today I've been online most of the day, with only one short outage. If that is duee to the improvements the team made to the security, then kudos!

Survivor
Jul 12, 2016
Yesterday I played wizard for about 4 hours this is the most I have been able to play since last Thursday,
I was booted out last night and still can't get back in to game, however I did notice the game was running a lot faster and smoother then before.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2012
Played last two days and all went well with game faster then before even. Many, many thanks to KI techs who worked hard over holiday weekend.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Anybody else still can't play? I haven't been able to get on once since this entire thing happened.