Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Joinable PVP Matches and Filters.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
So this kind of popped into my head, but there needs to be an option to enable Joinable matches, especially for practice matches.

I can't come up with a reason not to include this, because 80% of the matches in Practice are always unjoinable.

Also another idea are "Filters"
Lets say you are a level 67 Fire Wizard looking for a match to join, but it has to be fair.
Sure, you can enable "Joinable", but you can also enable filters.

Let's say you have "Level 67; 4v4"

Now, this may sound confusing, but this is how I imagine it would work:
If there is a match that has a filter like "levels 100 and below", this filter would point to this match, since 67 is below 100, and 4v4 is self-explanatory.

Anyway, comments and others ideas are also great.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
smokey123443 on Jul 20, 2017 wrote:
So this kind of popped into my head, but there needs to be an option to enable Joinable matches, especially for practice matches.

I can't come up with a reason not to include this, because 80% of the matches in Practice are always unjoinable.

Also another idea are "Filters"
Lets say you are a level 67 Fire Wizard looking for a match to join, but it has to be fair.
Sure, you can enable "Joinable", but you can also enable filters.

Let's say you have "Level 67; 4v4"

Now, this may sound confusing, but this is how I imagine it would work:
If there is a match that has a filter like "levels 100 and below", this filter would point to this match, since 67 is below 100, and 4v4 is self-explanatory.

Anyway, comments and others ideas are also great.
This already exists in Practice PvP, but ranked PvP is a bit different for good reason. The reason 80% of matches in practice are un-joinable is that players create matches where only friends can join, which is understandable, or they create a filter on the level that their opponent(s) and ally(ies) can be, that way they're not a level 10 battling a Promethean for example, let alone an exalted wizard. Also, filters probably will never be allowed in ranked PvP because the ranking system is automated that way people don't get matched unfairly. The whole idea of ranked PvP is to keep the skill level within the same range, for a fair fight. That is why it's automated, so that if you want to play a 4v4, 3v3, 2v2, or 1v1, you have the option of what type to play, but once you click quick join, you are sorted into an existing match which fits your skill, or you are put into a brand new one, which awaits more players. Also, you may not join the match you choose, again to keep it balanced, since it would be unfair to be sorted in a match at your discretion. However, you already have the option to join the type of match, and the skill range, you even can PvP with just your friends too, so the reason why you cannot filter out ranked PvP is to keep it fair and fun for all.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
garrett9939 on Jul 20, 2017 wrote:
This already exists in Practice PvP, but ranked PvP is a bit different for good reason. The reason 80% of matches in practice are un-joinable is that players create matches where only friends can join, which is understandable, or they create a filter on the level that their opponent(s) and ally(ies) can be, that way they're not a level 10 battling a Promethean for example, let alone an exalted wizard. Also, filters probably will never be allowed in ranked PvP because the ranking system is automated that way people don't get matched unfairly. The whole idea of ranked PvP is to keep the skill level within the same range, for a fair fight. That is why it's automated, so that if you want to play a 4v4, 3v3, 2v2, or 1v1, you have the option of what type to play, but once you click quick join, you are sorted into an existing match which fits your skill, or you are put into a brand new one, which awaits more players. Also, you may not join the match you choose, again to keep it balanced, since it would be unfair to be sorted in a match at your discretion. However, you already have the option to join the type of match, and the skill range, you even can PvP with just your friends too, so the reason why you cannot filter out ranked PvP is to keep it fair and fun for all.
I think they are making their suggestion because they feel that the "automated" system is busted. It isn't providing a "fair and fun for all" type experience like is intended. I understand your concern though that if could get out of hand.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
garrett9939 on Jul 20, 2017 wrote:
Huh. I didn't know that.
Maybe just because I'm too shy to go pvp because of past experiences.
Thanks for the info though.