Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Membership

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 24, 2014
I am upset that when I was a member I unlocked many areas and got up to Azteca but after I canceled membership everything I unlocked is now blocked. I refuse to spend more money to unlock everything again. Someone needs to fix this ASAP

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
You can only permanently unlock areas with Crowns, all areas are available with a membership, but only as long as you are a member.

If you get a new membership, the worlds you got to will still be available to you.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
This is a discussion on another thread, too.

Some of us not only buy memberships but also have bought enough crowns to pay for the crowns unlock many times over.

It doesn't make sense to draw that huge of a line between crowns and membership players, once the membership players have bought x amount of crowns on the side.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
lkavan on Apr 28, 2017 wrote:
I am upset that when I was a member I unlocked many areas and got up to Azteca but after I canceled membership everything I unlocked is now blocked. I refuse to spend more money to unlock everything again. Someone needs to fix this ASAP
This isn't something you can "fix," the game is like this. When you pay for a one month membership, for example, you only have it unlocked for one month, like it says. The areas you unlocked by paying for membership are now locked because you no longer have membership.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
How would this make any sense. When you buy a membership you get access to all areas right away. You still have to reach the area level wise but when you do it will be unlocked. If they gave you everything with a membership and let you keep it all forever how would they make any money? People would just sub for a month then unsub and still have everything? You forget this is not just a game but a business, they need money to keep it going and people sporadically buying stuff from the crown store just won't cut it. Memberships are 90% of what keeps this game alive.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2016
Of course it's like this. All you'd have to do is buy a small membership, unlock every area, then never have to play again. You'd still have all the areas if it was your way.