Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Selective Privacy Options

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 06, 2011
Hey all!

I don't know about anyone else, but I am personally more of a lone wolf when it comes to playing Wizard101, so I usually have the settings like "Allow Friend Teleports" and "Allow Group Invites" etc. turned off. However, I sometimes play Wizard101 with a few of my real-life buddies, and I've met several people whom I would now consider to be my good friends through Wiz. So, I was thinking, with the new and improved friend menu that was recently released, what if wizards had the option to specialize privacy settings in the friend menu, allowing only certain people to teleport or send a group invite.

I don't know how good of an idea this is, but it's one that I'd like to see implemented.

-K

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
KingCobra022 on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
Hey all!

I don't know about anyone else, but I am personally more of a lone wolf when it comes to playing Wizard101, so I usually have the settings like "Allow Friend Teleports" and "Allow Group Invites" etc. turned off. However, I sometimes play Wizard101 with a few of my real-life buddies, and I've met several people whom I would now consider to be my good friends through Wiz. So, I was thinking, with the new and improved friend menu that was recently released, what if wizards had the option to specialize privacy settings in the friend menu, allowing only certain people to teleport or send a group invite.

I don't know how good of an idea this is, but it's one that I'd like to see implemented.

-K
It's an interesting premise, but I don't know just how hard it would be to code.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
One thing I was a little disappointed with when the new friends system came out, was the distinction of "starred friends" was lost. They used to be put on the top of your list and their names would be turned purple in game. The new emoji/symbols you can use to distinguish your friends are really fun and I use them to help me remember where I met people but I wish there was a way to set apart those really special friends in game like there was previously. I suppose you could become True Friends but some of these good friends I don't know in real life.

If a way to distinguish very good friends was added back to the game, it could be an option allow only true friends to teleport, add to group etc.

Moira Stormheart

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
This is a great idea!

It would be nice to have two levels of settings, one for casual friends and one for more special friends that we can designate "best friends" and allow for greater contact. So, for example, we might 'hide' to our casual friends but allow our "best" friends to see us online, port to us, initiate trades, etc.

One we set someone as a 'best friend,' then we could go into privacy options and see three choices instead of the current two: Off to all, On to all, or On to Best Friends only.

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I love your idea, KingCobra022.

I had to unfriend some people I wouldn't have otherwise unfriended because they had the habit of using me as a teleporter, or porting to me without a word. They'd do this when I was home and then follow me around, or run all over my 'house' in the game.
It got to be unnerving.

It's also awkward. Without asking if I had plans or was busy if someone ports to me without a word first, then I might be with other friends and we might have had plans to quest as a group. What do I say to the newbie?

It can also look like I thought the person or people I was with were boring so I just ported someone else in without asking the group first.
I would rather have port allowed for a close friend list only. Someone I just met? Not so much.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
KingCobra022 on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
Hey all!

-K
i'm the same way. unless my good friends are on, i keep ports off; friend requests and group adds are disabled at all times.

i love this idea; not sure how hard it would be to code, but where there's a will, there's a way.

-von

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I love this idea of yours! My friends list is filled with people who always carry this conversation:

Them: Hey
Me: Heyy
Them: What's up?
Me: Nm, you?
Them: Same
*Them 5 minutes later* Hey could you help me with yada yada yada
*Me in my mind* I AM NOT YOUR LITTLE SLAVE! -_____-

So yeah, it would be really useful to have your idea in game lol.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
"accept friend requests from lvl __ to lvl __"

all i'm saying