Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need to return Mirage Enemies to Original Health!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2012
Mirage is supposed to be difficult so the original health settings need to be restored back to the enemies. This trend of reducing health settings for enemies, if it is a trend, could bring about the ruin of Wizard 101 as it would appear to be an "easy game". Please return the Mirage enemies back to their original health settings. Thank you!

Survivor
Mar 31, 2015
I agree. The challenge was very entertaining and made mirage an awesome experience. My friends and I use to always challenge ourselves to see if we got better by going to the caravan and beating some prickly bears solo. (we were in Avalon and Azteca at the time). It was very funny seeing my friends getting wrecked or bragging about how I soloed the prickly bears. I do see why they nerfed mirage though but making the minions health 2500 is outrageous. In my opinion, if Kingsisle saw that some people wanted a nerf in mirage, they should of brought the health down little by little. For example, instead of going 6700 to around 2500 (prickly bears in caravan), they should of made it like 4500 maybe? I mean after all, we are level 110-120 in this world and we have people that can help us too! Hopefully people agree with me. Thanks for your time!

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
ArthurSonofUther on Feb 4, 2017 wrote:
Mirage is supposed to be difficult so the original health settings need to be restored back to the enemies. This trend of reducing health settings for enemies, if it is a trend, could bring about the ruin of Wizard 101 as it would appear to be an "easy game". Please return the Mirage enemies back to their original health settings. Thank you!
the Grinders in the game got through it with team play when new (just like every new world release); now it is time for the solo players to be able to finish it as well.
If you already finished a world, why do you have a problem with it being nerfed for the solo player? on Mobs?
the Bosses are still a challenge for the Soloist at times.

It would be bad business for KI to alienate ANY type of player.

And if you already finished Mirage, what is the issue. Go fight Old Cob solo then

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Mirage was nerfed because too many players complained about the world being too difficult. Restoring the enemies health back to where is was will only cause more numerous complaints and people would loose interests in playing. The games is design for all ages over 10 with different strategy and playstyle. What may be easy for you my be difficult for others. Perhaps 2500 health is a little weak and 6700 is a little strong for Mirage. Maybe KI can meet in the middle of those 2 if it works out for the players. Yes the cap is level 120 but no new gear is available from vendors since Khyraslis.

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
Skills7300 on Feb 10, 2017 wrote:
I agree. The challenge was very entertaining and made mirage an awesome experience. My friends and I use to always challenge ourselves to see if we got better by going to the caravan and beating some prickly bears solo. (we were in Avalon and Azteca at the time). It was very funny seeing my friends getting wrecked or bragging about how I soloed the prickly bears. I do see why they nerfed mirage though but making the minions health 2500 is outrageous. In my opinion, if Kingsisle saw that some people wanted a nerf in mirage, they should of brought the health down little by little. For example, instead of going 6700 to around 2500 (prickly bears in caravan), they should of made it like 4500 maybe? I mean after all, we are level 110-120 in this world and we have people that can help us too! Hopefully people agree with me. Thanks for your time!
Haven't gotten there yet but i didn't think the nerf was that bad, holy cow dude, a 4k drop in HP is ridiculous, i'd expect 4.5k at least from any enemy in mirage

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Well, I have gotten to Mirage (finally!!) and one thing that is not being mentioned is the mobs have much more damage potential than ever before, plus pierce. They seem to have a higher innate damage, plus more critical and they stack blades.

Now, this is not a complaint but just what I've observed:

Long ago my Fire abandoned resist in her gear for greater firepower (so to speak) and she relies on setting up quick, powerful hits. Lately she can easily smash down even 7K mobs within 3 turns or so ... provided she gets the shadow pip. Rowan seriously depends on that Raging Bull spell to see her thru, she doesn't have time to wait around for the Volcano. Basically, because her strategy was already built around preparing rapid, powerful AoEs, she's doing fine in Mirage.

My Balance, on the other hand, traded sheer damage for super high health and high resist. She was basically a tank fighting an Ice-type battle, taking a pounding that barely made any dents in her armor. Though it would take her longer to take mobs down, she never needed to shield and rarely needed to heal.

The Mirage mobs have pierce, however, which turned Alia into a tissue-paper tank. At the first battle, she staggered out barely alive with only 23 health, LOL!

What all this tells me is, to survive Mirage players need to hit fast and hard in order to survive, they can't depend on resist. If they don't have shadow pips, they can't access their shadow-enhanced spells and have to wait longer to charge regular pips. The longer these battles go on, however, the more damage the mobs dish out.

The solution is to increase our shadow-pip potential and our critical blocking, but so far the gear options that allow this are fairly limited. Perhaps that's why KI dropped the mobs' health.

Just my perspective.....

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The health may have dropped, but the force of their attacks did not decrease. A basic attack from mobs can still hit extremely hard .... as much as 1500-5000+ depending on whether the attack was critical, how much your block is, and how much your resist is.

The type of attacks is much different than any previous world. So, just because they lowered the health (which was necessary), doesn't mean the attacks were lowered.

Accept the change. I have, even though I didn't mind the challenge. I saw how others around me were struggling. Changing the health back because you want it seems a bit selfish to me.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2015
SilverbackMonkey on Feb 10, 2017 wrote:
the Grinders in the game got through it with team play when new (just like every new world release); now it is time for the solo players to be able to finish it as well.
If you already finished a world, why do you have a problem with it being nerfed for the solo player? on Mobs?
the Bosses are still a challenge for the Soloist at times.

It would be bad business for KI to alienate ANY type of player.

And if you already finished Mirage, what is the issue. Go fight Old Cob solo then
If you look at it that way, "solo players" would then have more time than the "grinders" eventually (Assuming KI wont go back to the original mirage) so that would make it unfair for "Grinders" since they only got a limited time. I do think i see a solution though.
KI changing mirage back is probably not going to happen for many understandable reasons but , in terms of health, maybe trying to meet in the middle so it can somewhat please both sides. I feel like this solution would only be fair and reasonable

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Skills7300 on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
If you look at it that way, "solo players" would then have more time than the "grinders" eventually (Assuming KI wont go back to the original mirage) so that would make it unfair for "Grinders" since they only got a limited time. I do think i see a solution though.
KI changing mirage back is probably not going to happen for many understandable reasons but , in terms of health, maybe trying to meet in the middle so it can somewhat please both sides. I feel like this solution would only be fair and reasonable
If you had read what @BrynnerOfReign posted, you would know that only the health was reduced and NOT the damage those enemies can do. Just because KI reduced the health, doesn't mean they changed anything else. Those enemies still hit just as hard.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
I agree, I feel its way to easy now. I can see that they had to nerf it a little bit for casual, players but I think they nerfed it to much, its too easy now.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
I couldn't agree with you more!!! People complain and whine about facing real challenges in the game because they don't want to take the time to farm for appropriate gear or they simply don't know what they are doing.

Using the "solo player" excuse is just ridiculous. This is a social game. It is how it was designed and it keeps Getta by developed in that direction even further.

Work on your gear, pets and social skills and you will no longer find things so challenging and the rest of us won't be bored by nerfed worlds.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Jared Darkshield on Mar 14, 2017 wrote:
I couldn't agree with you more!!! People complain and whine about facing real challenges in the game because they don't want to take the time to farm for appropriate gear or they simply don't know what they are doing.

Using the "solo player" excuse is just ridiculous. This is a social game. It is how it was designed and it keeps Getta by developed in that direction even further.

Work on your gear, pets and social skills and you will no longer find things so challenging and the rest of us won't be bored by nerfed worlds.
Let's flip this argument around.

People complain or whine about not having real challenges in the game because they don't want to take the time to make the game more challenging by handicapping themselves.

It seems almost equivalent to what you'd posted, but there's an important difference. Players were finding Mirage to be not just too hard, but inaccessible. Normally, I'm all for a good challenge, but Wizard101 is still designed for players ages 10 and older. Erring on the side of accessibility is the right thing for them to do.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Some of the BEST players in this game prefer to solo. But some of them are also some of the same players that supported the nerf because they KNEW the more casual players would not be able to do it.

Just because it is an MMORPG doesn't mean that players HAVE to team up. Many prefer not to. Some of us are friends in the game but we can't always meet up and run together. Some of us have started dual boxing as well.

Maybe you need to go read some of the posts about how many times some of the players have done certain dungeons trying to pick up better gear.

Telling players to work on their gear, pets and SOCIAL SKILLS????? Not something that needs to be said.

How about offering to HELP those who are struggling?

Also, IF you have already completed a world, then why does it matter if it gets nerfed. Others would like to play and have just as much right as you or anyone else.

Besides, the only thing that was nerfed was MOB HEALTH. Their damage is still the same as pre-nerf.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
Perhaps the easiest way to give everyone what they want is for Kingsisle to create a couple of districts which feature worlds in which the original difficulty settings are unchanged. Players who want the full challenge can then port to those districts and would face mobs and bosses with their original health and cheats. Maybe they could name the realms something like Shadow Shrike, and Shadow Seraph - something unique to distinguish them from the other realms.

Players could still teamup in dungeons in those realms, and the names for these might appear in the kiosk near the bazaar as something like the dungeon name followed by a skull and crossbones emoticon - indicating max difficulty settings are enabled for that dungeon.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Dear Jared,

I consider myself a casual but skilled player. I tend to play this game, solo, late at night. Why? Because I have a real life filled with a job, family and responsibilities that keep me busy during the time most others are playing. By the time I'm able to relax on Wizard101, it's after midnight on the West Coast of the USA and most people are asleep.

I do make friends in the game but they tend to quest much faster than me and usually I get left behind.

So, I learned to solo.

Soloing means I can do most of the game by myself, on my own schedule, but at the cost of not getting the utmost, ultra-awesome gear like Darkmoor gear. Is it worth the challenge of finishing with one or two what every other guide requires a team of four wizards? Absolutely!

Do I want to repeat dungeons over and over just for a 10% chance of getting one item of gear? Nope. (My time and patience both have limits. Once I finish a dungeon I might repeat it once, but then I move on.)

Instead of using dungeon dropped gear, I craft my most of what I wear. (That also takes time, but the payout is 100% assured as long as I get the reagents.) I would be happy to continue crafting gear in Mirage but oh, that's right! - KI didn't provide any crafting in either Mirage or Polaris.

As for the insult to soloists, saying we need to learn "social skills." That's just ... rude. The original posters to this thread made complaints about the nerf and yet managed not to insult those who have a difference of opinion or different playing styles. You might learn a thing or two from them. There's a way to say what you want to say without dragging other people down.

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Wizard101 is a FAMILY GAME, everyone from kids to grandparents play it.

Kids make up most of the game, so having a world like Mirage in it's original state would be REALLY HARD for them to play through and could even end up in them leaving the game.

Yes, the older players loved the challenge but remember that Wizard101 is targeted towards the younger people of this world. They aren't as experienced as the older players and can't come up with good strategies to get through the game. That is why the world was nerfed.

It's true, some older players were still going through the game when it got nerfed and hated it since they were loving the challenge. Though I was still going through the world when some major actions were taken to make the world easier I didn't hate it but understood why it was done and moved on.

That's what people should do. Forget and move on.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

you make a lot of assumptions... your parents did teach you what that does, didn't they?

have you never heard of a time zone?
we all live in them, i think.

my time zone puts me 2-4 hours ahead of most people i meet in-game. when i log on at lunchtime, everyone else is just waking up; when my friends are logging on after supper, i'm getting ready to go to bed because it's midnight. often, i can be in a crowded realm and never see another person.

my life wizard got stuck at a cheat boss in khrysalis. not one of my friends was on, so i tried team up... it took me 4 days before i finally found one other person who was able to help. unless it's a major farming dungeon, it's extremely difficult to find a group, especially if you can't play during peak hours... and, if you do find a group, 9/10 times they'll look at your gear and decide that "you're not good enough for MY team up" and flee, wasting everyone's valuable time.

i do have one wizard in full dm gear, and my pets, while not perfect, are good enough. but there are plenty of reasons that casual players can't or don't farm:

1) we play sporadically and are limited by the amount of time we can spend in-game;

2) team-up fails=waste of time; crafting protects our time investment, so that what little time we do have isn't wasted;

3) if we can't play during peak hours, it's either solo the thing or wait 4 days for team up, like i did. if soloing was your only option, and you were pressed for time, wouldn't you just want to get it over with?