Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Really liking the new musical stingers, KI!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
So, I want to say that in my time with Mirage, I really like the addition of musical stingers that occurs through Mirage's quests! They really made the story a lot more immersive than ever before! It's amazing!

Dworgyn, if you can pass this on to the composers at KI, give them my huge thanks in doing that in Mirage! I really like how they did those in the new world's quests! I really hope this keeps up in many more new worlds & dungeon zones to come... and perhaps past worlds, too.

Maybe we may hear new music stingers in P101 sometime soon... maybe. It's possible.

Nevertheless, thanks!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2014
Trimond297 on Nov 23, 2016 wrote:
So, I want to say that in my time with Mirage, I really like the addition of musical stingers that occurs through Mirage's quests! They really made the story a lot more immersive than ever before! It's amazing!

Dworgyn, if you can pass this on to the composers at KI, give them my huge thanks in doing that in Mirage! I really like how they did those in the new world's quests! I really hope this keeps up in many more new worlds & dungeon zones to come... and perhaps past worlds, too.

Maybe we may hear new music stingers in P101 sometime soon... maybe. It's possible.

Nevertheless, thanks!
What is a musical stinger?

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Nickenator800 on Nov 26, 2016 wrote:
What is a musical stinger?
From what I've heard in Mirage's quests so far, they're musical reverb pieces that play in certain moments in the game's storyline's cutscenes that brings some immersion & exposition to it, like dramatic moments, when Dumoozid said, "Oh...? You're here about the warning? you mean you don't know? It's Eerkala, the Dark Djinni, the Dismal Dowager... she has returned!", & when he said Eerkala returned, one of the new dramatic musical stingers plays in his dialogue during "Darkness in the Desert".

Does this help answer your question? If not, you may want to hear them for yourself when this goes Live soon. You'll really like them. I heard some, & they are awesome!

Read the sound section in the patch update notes that says this...

• "Musical stingers and sound effects will accompany quest dialogue.".

Survivor
Jan 29, 2014
Trimond297 on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
From what I've heard in Mirage's quests so far, they're musical reverb pieces that play in certain moments in the game's storyline's cutscenes that brings some immersion & exposition to it, like dramatic moments, when Dumoozid said, "Oh...? You're here about the warning? you mean you don't know? It's Eerkala, the Dark Djinni, the Dismal Dowager... she has returned!", & when he said Eerkala returned, one of the new dramatic musical stingers plays in his dialogue during "Darkness in the Desert".

Does this help answer your question? If not, you may want to hear them for yourself when this goes Live soon. You'll really like them. I heard some, & they are awesome!

Read the sound section in the patch update notes that says this...

• "Musical stingers and sound effects will accompany quest dialogue.".
Oh, gotcha- I've made it to the beginning of Aggrobah and I think I know what you're talking about. I'm not reading the storyline because I want it to be a surprise for live, so that's why I wasn't sure at first. Thanks!! These are actually a very cool feature, I agree.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Nickenator800 on Nov 28, 2016 wrote:
Oh, gotcha- I've made it to the beginning of Aggrobah and I think I know what you're talking about. I'm not reading the storyline because I want it to be a surprise for live, so that's why I wasn't sure at first. Thanks!! These are actually a very cool feature, I agree.
You're welcome. And as I've said before, I hope they keep making more new music stingers in many more new worlds, past worlds, & dungeon zones to come.