Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Menu Chat

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
I don't know if this is only me or if others feel the same way. But I feel like Menu chat is useless. I mean you can only use what is on the menu so you cant freely chat with someone. Even when your in a battle with people who only use Menu chat. You can't talk to them normally,but only what is already on the menu.

I wonder if anyone else feels this way or if I am on my own on this.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
There are many young players that play Wizard101. It's up to their parents if they want their kids to have access to chat. Menu chat is a pain, especially for those of us that don't ever use it. I've met some very experienced players that have to use it though, and they are able to communicate most things pretty well.

Survivor
May 24, 2016
I agree, when I'm in a dungeon with someone with menu, It's hard to communicate with them because I can only message them with the menu chat. It takes more time too because I have to search for the right phrase. Although, I think it would be a good idea for KingsIsle to make a shop to buy phrases people can use for menu at least.

~ Genevieve Griffin

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
I had to got through the menu chat pain too till i was lvl 50! During dungeons it was hard for me to communicate because the others used text chat and they though i could speak in text chat. It's also a giant pain for players that have menu chat to communicate well in pvp, though some people worked through that obsticle.

The hard part for me was i could not tour a house properly to text chat players, and one time, a group of them actually stayed for a while talking, i could not understand them, and so i thought one was claiming this was one of their other characters' homes, when it was clearly mine. I dont really agree that there should be a shop where you could buy new phrases, menu chatters would have to go through alot to just buy one or a few. I guess there isn't much room for change for menu chat.

Michell SandRiver lvl 51 balance

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I don't add those who has only menu chat to my friends list because I can't talk to them when I need to specially in battle when it can mess me up and menu chat doesn't quite meet eye to eye. There's times I like to talk to peoples and be humorous but I can't do that without texting. I know not adding them seems unfair and not right but what else can I do.