Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Schools need uniqueness!

AuthorMessage
Squire
Oct 29, 2011
FusionSun on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
Storm's spells may do lots of damage, but that does not even help in this meta.

I'm curious... do you have a max Storm?
Yes I do. However, no one seems to have gotten my main point of what I was originally saying. Sadly, this has lead to a conversation that I never intended to start. There is no point in explaining the original conversation because someone will twist the words in the ways that they were not intended to be use in.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
frostednutella on Oct 26, 2016 wrote:
Yes I do. However, no one seems to have gotten my main point of what I was originally saying. Sadly, this has lead to a conversation that I never intended to start. There is no point in explaining the original conversation because someone will twist the words in the ways that they were not intended to be use in.
Your point was that "storm can do so much damage that it evens out the low defense they have." Everybody else's point was that Storm's damage isn't enough to make up for its horribly low health and okay resist as well has horrible utility. Let's give the best gear sets for both Ice and Storm and compare how much damage Rusalka's Wrath will deal in comparison to Abominable Weaver:

Storm's health: 4511 (DM hat robe boots and athame, rasputin amulet and deck, 100 duelist ring)
Storm's damage: 115% (above gear & double damage pet)
Storm's resist:52% (above gear & double resist pet)
Armor pierce: 50% (with DM wand since it's the current best option)

Ice's health: 7431 (Exalted duel hat & robe, rasputin amulet & deck, DM athame & boots, 100 duelist ring)
Ice's damage: 92% (above gear, double damage pet, terror pack wand since it's the current best option)
Ice's resist: 65% (above gear & double resist pet)
Armor pierce: 35% (with aquilian secutor's lance)

Stats difference:
  • Ice has 2920 more health
  • Storm has 23% more damage
  • Ice has 13% more resist
  • Storm has 15% more pierce

Now for the actual damage calculation:
Rusalka's Wrath will deal 3188 damage on the Ice wizard with a 30% chance to come out as a negative effect. This will take out roughly 43% of the Ice wizard's health. The Ice wizard will either be faced with an additional 30% blade on the Storm wizard or will be granted a -30% damage charm on the Storm wizard.

Abominable Weaver will deal 1992-2310 damage on the Storm wizard with 100% chance to come out as a major positive effect. This will take out roughly roughly 44-51% of the Storm wizard's health and will force the Storm wizard to remove their 75% shield before executing another attack, which exposes the Storm wizard to any other attack.

Also don't forget that Ice has the strongest blades the game has to offer as well as Icebird for shield removal and a powerful DoT in Frostbite, while Storm's best option is to attempt a Wild Bolt or dig for a wand.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
frostednutella on Oct 26, 2016 wrote:
The issue at hand isn't that no one is understanding your point. The issue at hand is that your claim simply is not true especially in today's Ranked PvP arena. Your claim is that storm does so much damage it compensates for it's low defense. This is obviously not the case as demonstrated by the numerous threads on the issue, the experiences of many pvpers and the data we have access to in the form of the leaderboards.

That being said, I am pleased to learn you have a max storm. In that case, I have a challenge for you. Take your max storm and do some ranked 1v1 pvp in today's meta and come back and tell us about your experiences in this thread.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
The original point I had made, the point from my first post on this thread, was commenting to the person who was complaining about storm being weak so I thought I would try to point out the advantages of storm. My main point was to point out the good parts to storm, nothing more.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
frostednutella on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
The person who I commented to did not mention the damage not making up for the defense which is why I told them that their damage was extremely high and that they are not defense type wizards.
Dude, That's kind of the point here, Storm's damage doesn't makeup anything of their other stats, what do you mean, that they do? 3000 is a big number, and in wizard101, that's a massive health difference. Your argument is invalid.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Oct 26, 2016 wrote:
The issue at hand isn't that no one is understanding your point. The issue at hand is that your claim simply is not true especially in today's Ranked PvP arena. Your claim is that storm does so much damage it compensates for it's low defense. This is obviously not the case as demonstrated by the numerous threads on the issue, the experiences of many pvpers and the data we have access to in the form of the leaderboards.

That being said, I am pleased to learn you have a max storm. In that case, I have a challenge for you. Take your max storm and do some ranked 1v1 pvp in today's meta and come back and tell us about your experiences in this thread.
Agreed, until then, you don't have much room to speak here, Frosted Nutella.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
frostednutella on Oct 27, 2016 wrote:
The original point I had made, the point from my first post on this thread, was commenting to the person who was complaining about storm being weak so I thought I would try to point out the advantages of storm. My main point was to point out the good parts to storm, nothing more.
Every person on this thread including the person you replied to is aware of the advantages of storm. What you don't seem to understand is what we are saying. The advantages are not making up for the disadvantages.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
garrett9939 on Oct 28, 2016 wrote:
Agreed, until then, you don't have much room to speak here, Frosted Nutella.
Frostednutella has as much a right to speak as anyone here. She just isn't speaking from a position of experience which is why I extended my challenge to her.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
garrett9939 on Oct 28, 2016 wrote:
Dude, That's kind of the point here, Storm's damage doesn't makeup anything of their other stats, what do you mean, that they do? 3000 is a big number, and in wizard101, that's a massive health difference. Your argument is invalid.
Lol you didn't read my other post so you have no right to speak here as well. Also, this argument here is part of an opinion so treating me like baby in terms of playing the game is obviously not the right thing to do. Now, when I was talking about storm having great damage, 1. was making a joke because everyone knows that storm is great with their damage dealing 2. was making sure that the person knew that storm is strong and that they are not underestimating it. 3. you have no right to say "She just isn't speaking from a position of experience" because of an opinion I have and you disagree with. Now go find some loophole in my words and make an argument with it.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
william12303 on Sep 29, 2016 wrote:
I agree. I also think spells need more uniqueness. Especially with the 108 life spell. When I first saw the animation and effects, I remember thinking to myself "Wow, that is a weird death spell" Now it appears that life is the weakest school and ice is one of the strongest. The game needs more diversity when it comes to schools.
ice not strong because high heath and resist doesn't means there strongest class in the games and reason why ice as high heath and high resist because they are tank school and that what tank school do because tank school live longer in pvp so, because ice good school because good at tanking against school with heaviest amount of damage! that reason why give ice immunity to storm/fire talent so, more better chance of winning!

beside when came to wizard and hear allot complain when playing as ice wizard and more complain on them not useful enough in pvp until others wishing for them have new talent that would be op so, harder for others school make a comeback in pvp

hackers I hate the most in the games (seem them allot in lower level pvp) but can't do nothing about it because kingsisle and others stupid hall monitor won't stop muting people no good reason when others wizard don't have perfect grammar"

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
Too many birds in fire school sun bird, Phoenix one too many imo, I enjoy Phoenix as it relates to mythical times although sun bird is cool I don't think any other school has two of the same type. Death has Skeleton, zombie, ghost, reaper, ice has Beatle snake,snowman, wyvern, Titan, storm has snake, bat, shark, amphibious lightning wielder*, a T. rex, myth a troll (fairytale), a cyclops( deonysus), toad, Minotaur, hydra, even life has variety I don't know life cause I haven't been visiting life school I do believe its leprechaun, imp, pixie, satyr, centaur, Angel

*i will not say its rightful name, it doesn't look like one and looks a bit like a kappa that is purple, muscular and doesn't have a lily on it head.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
frostednutella on Oct 29, 2016 wrote:
Lol you didn't read my other post so you have no right to speak here as well. Also, this argument here is part of an opinion so treating me like baby in terms of playing the game is obviously not the right thing to do. Now, when I was talking about storm having great damage, 1. was making a joke because everyone knows that storm is great with their damage dealing 2. was making sure that the person knew that storm is strong and that they are not underestimating it. 3. you have no right to say "She just isn't speaking from a position of experience" because of an opinion I have and you disagree with. Now go find some loophole in my words and make an argument with it.
Unfortunately it seems you are conflating Garrett and I. I have no problem with you speaking here. In fact I defended your right to speak here.

That being said, why were you making sure he understood storm deals great damage when he already acknowledged that in his original post?

Now I am saying you aren't speaking from a position of experience because as far as I know you don't participate in ranked 1v1 PvP at max lvl. Just as if I made a post about derby I would not be speaking from a position of experience as I don't participate regularly in derby.

This is why I extended my challenge to you, so you can experience what we are speaking of. Will you take it?

No one is finding loopholes with your words. We are quoting your exact words back at you.

Finally, all of this discussion are opinions. However, your opinions are not consistent with the realities of max lvl 1v1 PvP. Hence why several prominent papers are disagreeing with you on this thread.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Oct 30, 2016 wrote:
Unfortunately it seems you are conflating Garrett and I. I have no problem with you speaking here. In fact I defended your right to speak here.

That being said, why were you making sure he understood storm deals great damage when he already acknowledged that in his original post?

Now I am saying you aren't speaking from a position of experience because as far as I know you don't participate in ranked 1v1 PvP at max lvl. Just as if I made a post about derby I would not be speaking from a position of experience as I don't participate regularly in derby.

This is why I extended my challenge to you, so you can experience what we are speaking of. Will you take it?

No one is finding loopholes with your words. We are quoting your exact words back at you.

Finally, all of this discussion are opinions. However, your opinions are not consistent with the realities of max lvl 1v1 PvP. Hence why several prominent papers are disagreeing with you on this thread.
I know what goes on in PvP, let me be clear about that. I am going to say that from the previous posts of me telling Garrett that storm is a great damage dealing school, that was said by me because he may not have known that because in his post, he didn't mention much about it. The reason Garrett posted that post to me was either because he thinks that I think that he doesn't know that already or he is being rude and is somewhat butthurt over the comment I made which has to do with him thinking that I think that he doesn't know about storm being a hitter.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
frostednutella on Oct 31, 2016 wrote:
I know what goes on in PvP, let me be clear about that. I am going to say that from the previous posts of me telling Garrett that storm is a great damage dealing school, that was said by me because he may not have known that because in his post, he didn't mention much about it. The reason Garrett posted that post to me was either because he thinks that I think that he doesn't know that already or he is being rude and is somewhat butthurt over the comment I made which has to do with him thinking that I think that he doesn't know about storm being a hitter.
You state you know what goes on in PvP yet you consistently refuse to answer my questions. Do you have a max level storm that consistently participates in rank 1v1 PvP? If you don't have a storm that does partake in pvp, do you have another class that does consistently participate in ranked 1v1 pvp? What are your PvP ranks, number of matches etc? I want to understand why your experience is so consistently different from many storms on these forums. Please enlighten us.

As for what was said: We can look back at all the posts on this thread. Every person debating you has consistently acknowledged that Storm has a great potential for damage. However, you have refused to acknowledge that this damage is not making up for its weaknesses despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary. I would really like to understand how you are coming to your position but I can't do that if you refuse to enlighten me.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Nov 1, 2016 wrote:
You state you know what goes on in PvP yet you consistently refuse to answer my questions. Do you have a max level storm that consistently participates in rank 1v1 PvP? If you don't have a storm that does partake in pvp, do you have another class that does consistently participate in ranked 1v1 pvp? What are your PvP ranks, number of matches etc? I want to understand why your experience is so consistently different from many storms on these forums. Please enlighten us.

As for what was said: We can look back at all the posts on this thread. Every person debating you has consistently acknowledged that Storm has a great potential for damage. However, you have refused to acknowledge that this damage is not making up for its weaknesses despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary. I would really like to understand how you are coming to your position but I can't do that if you refuse to enlighten me.
It entertains me to realize how ignorant you are to my original post. The fact that you started an argument over the comment I said to reassure to this person that storm is not always at a disadvantage but you lead the discussion in a direction that I wasn't meaning to go. As for my experience in PvP, overall I am neither extremely experience nor am I a newbie to it. I am just moderate to it but when I meant I know what is going on I meant that I understand the works of it and that my opinions (when they are about PvP and not about talking about a school's uniqueness) I know where I am coming from. Originally I was not trying to ever bring into account my PvP skills but I was trying to be optimistic (yet again I have to state this) about storm. You seem to only want to bash on my non-extreme experience in PvP when that doesn't have much to do with what I was trying to put out originally. It is also hard to tell what you are putting out there in the discussion because so far all you have been saying is "What's you PvP skills" and when I answer and you want it to be a different answer you will say "Stop avoiding the question" so you seem to be taking a very condescending and moderate stance on this topic and my opinion right now.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
frostednutella on Nov 1, 2016 wrote:
It entertains me to realize how ignorant you are to my original post. The fact that you started an argument over the comment I said to reassure to this person that storm is not always at a disadvantage but you lead the discussion in a direction that I wasn't meaning to go. As for my experience in PvP, overall I am neither extremely experience nor am I a newbie to it. I am just moderate to it but when I meant I know what is going on I meant that I understand the works of it and that my opinions (when they are about PvP and not about talking about a school's uniqueness) I know where I am coming from. Originally I was not trying to ever bring into account my PvP skills but I was trying to be optimistic (yet again I have to state this) about storm. You seem to only want to bash on my non-extreme experience in PvP when that doesn't have much to do with what I was trying to put out originally. It is also hard to tell what you are putting out there in the discussion because so far all you have been saying is "What's you PvP skills" and when I answer and you want it to be a different answer you will say "Stop avoiding the question" so you seem to be taking a very condescending and moderate stance on this topic and my opinion right now.
It was a tad bit comical reading this discussion as it completely veered off from the original point. Anyway, if you're not speaking from experience, then my advice is to just stay out of the conversation.

You stated multiple times that Storm's damage and critical is so high it evens out the low defense they had and this is what made them unique. While Garrett, Seethe, Eric, and FusionSun questioned your statements, you felt the need to back up a view that has no support from anybody on this thread (at the time of publication of this post) and refused to back up your claims with any form of logical evidence. You used words such as "I feel like" and "I think" and now you're taking your argument to the point where you're calling it sheer opinion.

The reason Eric's asking for your rank as a Storm wizard is because we want to know what kind of (if any) experience you have with the school to be making up claims that are contrary to just about everybody's experience on or against Storm.

Getting offended by a simple question and calling him out because you made a statement that has 0 proof to back it up isn't the best route to take on any discussion.

As for your point on Storm's uniqueness being non-existent, since you don't like numbers or straight up facts, let's bring up why Storm isn't unique:

• Fire is considered the stronger version of Storm at any level. Even their newest spells (ex. Burning Rampage) do more damage
  • Storm is a runner-up for damage boost at top level now.
  • Storm's damage is nearly equalled to by every other school except Ice
  • Storm's advantage with higher critical doesn't matter anymore because of the critical nerf

KI also claimed that Fire will be doing more damage than Storm in this thread.

Storm is supposed to have more dpp than every other school but that's untrue since the constant release of new Fire spells almost every update.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
frostednutella on Nov 1, 2016 wrote:
What are you talking about? We already know that storm has great damage. Several posters replied to you because you don't understand where we are coming from. Everyone in this thread, including the person you replied to already understands that storm deals great damage. By telling us that storm deals great damage, you aren't reassuring us, simply missing the point. We get that storm deals great damage; what we are saying is that storm's great damage is not compensating for its numerous weaknesses in a 1v1 PvP environment.

I keep asking for the particulars of your experience because your opinion is so different from the majority of Storms who have posted on this thread. You continue to avoid my primary question: do you regularly participate in Ranked 1v1 PvP with your max Storm? This question is relevant because it helps to establish whose opinion is based on actual experience in the Ranked PvP arena and whose isn't. There is no condescension here. A lack of experience is nothing to be ashamed of. You can gain experience simply by partaking in whatever you lack experience in.

Once again I challenge you to take your max lvl Storm into 1v1 PvP, do some matches and come back here and tell us what the results are. Will you take this challenge? Or do you still refuse to experience what many of the posters are referring to in this thread?

My stance on this thread could not be any clearer. Storm has been continually losing uniqueness relevant to other schools. Storm is losing it's dpp advantage with numerous schools getting spells that exceed its dpp and recent storm spells that are failing at base dpp such as Catch of the Day. Storm has lost it's critical advantage in PvP due to 2 nerfs and critical's reduction to 25% boost. Every school now has the potential for high attack boost and has high damage, low pip attack spells while still retaining their inherent advantages. My stance is that Storm's disadvantages are not being made up for by its advantages in 1v1 PvP.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
Listen up here Frosty, here's some facts that you have disagreed with and cannot be validly disagreed with:

Storm PVP isn't fair hardly at all vvv
Storm's damage does NOT compensate for their RESIST or HEALTH
Storms have no special qualities besides maybe 100-200 more damage on our spells, other than that, we don't have anything, i.e. minions, DoT, 2-hit spells, etc. (Considerably with blades, but destroying blades hardly helps us, even considering the enemy might not even have blades on.
Some of our spells are RNG based so your survival at this point as a storm is based on luck, typically a one out of three chance.
Our rank six shadow-enhanced spell has a chance to put a debuff on us, again the RNG mechanics interfering here, while ice's lower rank five shadow-enhanced spell will guarantee a shield that resists more than our school shields, (-70% to 2 other schools in our class of schools, ex. Storm gets a -70% ice and fire shield)
I am aware of PVP, and I have more 1v1 PVP experience on this than you do, my rank is 168. I can't beat hardly any matches unless my enemy is close to level 50 or below, let alone a level 50 with PVP gear is already hard enough to kill. If I get second, might as well flee, just a waste of time.

So, no, your point is seriously far from valid anymore, stop trying to back it up, nobody has agreed with you which obviously shows some kind of "falseness" in your claim. At this point, your argument has been proven FALSE, and I will seriously consider you ignorant for not only labeling us ignorant, but for your action of arguing against facts. Might as well say that gravity doesn't exist and this is a dream. Good luck.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Nov 2, 2016 wrote:
What are you talking about? We already know that storm has great damage. Several posters replied to you because you don't understand where we are coming from. Everyone in this thread, including the person you replied to already understands that storm deals great damage. By telling us that storm deals great damage, you aren't reassuring us, simply missing the point. We get that storm deals great damage; what we are saying is that storm's great damage is not compensating for its numerous weaknesses in a 1v1 PvP environment.

I keep asking for the particulars of your experience because your opinion is so different from the majority of Storms who have posted on this thread. You continue to avoid my primary question: do you regularly participate in Ranked 1v1 PvP with your max Storm? This question is relevant because it helps to establish whose opinion is based on actual experience in the Ranked PvP arena and whose isn't. There is no condescension here. A lack of experience is nothing to be ashamed of. You can gain experience simply by partaking in whatever you lack experience in.

Once again I challenge you to take your max lvl Storm into 1v1 PvP, do some matches and come back here and tell us what the results are. Will you take this challenge? Or do you still refuse to experience what many of the posters are referring to in this thread?

My stance on this thread could not be any clearer. Storm has been continually losing uniqueness relevant to other schools. Storm is losing it's dpp advantage with numerous schools getting spells that exceed its dpp and recent storm spells that are failing at base dpp such as Catch of the Day. Storm has lost it's critical advantage in PvP due to 2 nerfs and critical's reduction to 25% boost. Every school now has the potential for high attack boost and has high damage, low pip attack spells while still retaining their inherent advantages. My stance is that Storm's disadvantages are not being made up for by its advantages in 1v1 PvP.
I can't believe you made an argument about this. I didn't know whether the person knew that storm had great damage so like the helpful person I was trying to be, I told them that their damage was great and yet you took that to as a challenge. Once again I will state I am not inexperience and I do have PvP experience. Also, my first post had nothing to do with PvP, it was only a helpful tip.... PvP skill is way out of the idea of it all. Oh and garrett, you have no idea what you are talking about lol. Stay out of the conversation if you are going to state facts out of the blue. Your rude commenting and stating the obvious facts don't belong here.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
This one veered too far off the rails, team. I'm locking this thread for now. Please keep your debates civil and your posts on topic.