Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance prisms please

AuthorMessage
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
akbirdwellpenny65 on Sep 9, 2016 wrote:
it still wouldn't because of the hole fact its damage would be converted into that everyone has shields to that they can stack before it or after it and to top that they have tower blocks that can stack on top of that so no it still wouldn't need a shield

so still my point stand it wouldn't affect anything.
You seriously think that it's possible for a wizard to to cast 6 shields to block a single spell BEFORE a prism is cast on them? If you cast a Storm prism on me, I can cast a Storm shield afterwards to block it by up to 90% in one turn. Your suggestion of a random Balance prism can be blocked at most by a 60% enchanted tower shield. So YES a Balance shield WOULD be needed. Any other shield placed after the prism would have NO EFFECT.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
it still wouldn't because of the hole fact its damage would be converted into that everyone has shields to that they can stack before it or after it and to top that they have tower blocks that can stack on top of that so no it still wouldn't need a shield

so still my point stand it wouldn't affect anything.
They could only stack shields before the convert in the case of an elemental/spiritual convert. Trying to stack elemental/spirit shields after a convert would have no effect. This is in contrast to the other schools where you can stack shields before or after the convert. If you stack towers after the convert, a balance could remove those with an off school wand while keeping the convert and any traps intact.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2016
PaigeGoldenspear on Sep 9, 2016 wrote:
Please learn to play Balance. Please don't keep trying to fit it into the box of the other schools. It is the seventh schoool, the school with no opposite. It is intentional that it does not have prisms (as it has no opposite) and it also has no shields. Balance is a mix of other school capabilities and has its own unique utilities.

To add things "because other schools have them" destroys its uniqueness, destroys balance.

Please don't encourage KI to make things any easier than they are. Part of the fun of the game is solving the puzzles. Adding prisms is an easy way out, for a "problem" which already has adequate solutions if only your brain is flexible enough to see them.
balance is a mix of all the schools

adding a convert wont harm anything because honestly its just like hydra or the eye ball dude or even the 110 spell its just turning balance damage into one of them

what makes balance so unique is the fact that it can uses all the school at once and nothing but tower blocks and other blocks like tower that block all school at once can stop it

think about it when you cast balance shields it block all the school

when you use some balance spell it uses one of 3 of the school ice fire storm or life myth death there are some that are per balance that I like to see more of but there also a lot of the ones that uses the schools

you guys get all the school blades death myth life ice fire and storm

to be honest balance most uniqueness isn't the blades or the fact that it can't be block its that fact that it can uses all the schools at one time and that fact that it can get threw block easyier then most schools because there no real block to it and there never will ya ice is going get more tower blocks and be able to defend itself towards balance but that's only right that's why balance only get one set of shields just like the rest of the schools but the only thing is it can block all schools at once with it powers and also another thing that makes balance it own school is how it uses other schools pip its the one class that I 100% positive gets the most pip spells that help you gain or destroy enemy pips It going take a lot more then adding spells for it unquies to go away

Survivor
Aug 30, 2016
Eric Stormbringer on Sep 8, 2016 wrote:
It would totally have an effect on PvP. There are 2 ways to defy converts in PvP. You can shield before the convert or after the convert. If a balance convert was given without a shield there would be only one way to defy the convert and that is before the convert. This would be overpowered as a balance could stack traps and then convert and unless the person shielded before the convert they would have no recourse. Putting a tower shield after the convert would be removed with an off school wand that is not of the converted school.
sorry to get back to you so late

no it wouldn't still and it wont be op in pvp and ill tell you why

1 balance only gets elemental blades and sprite blades and elemental trap and sprite traps for the school and they only get blades for there own class that any spell they uses would waste the blade or trap so that would make it hard to stack and give the enemy time to block with say a tower or even more and there not going be able to take out the tower with a wand spell if they have there stuff stack because then they lose the balance blade and traps and say they train death for fient they lose that to because if anything attack those kinda traps or uses those kinda blades it dose not matter what kinda spell it is it will get used just like the tower block would and also there ways to stop them from stack myth earth quake storms blade destroy i mean there tc you can always take into pvp if you don't have that spell to top that most people would just adjust a little to be ready for the new convert by adding more school blocks and maybe towers. why do you think so many people train tower its because balance couldn't be block unless you did use that or unless they casted hydra

2 there going always be a time when they put the convert before the shields the thing is you can always cast more shields if you have them in hand that's just what the person would do and to be honest people wouldn't really even use the convert in pvp because what would be the point if there just going get blcok by more people by it and it be a 50% chance to get any of the school so you never know what element it chang your spell into witch just makes it harder to use uses with blades and traps to be honest if this gets added only thing its really is going affect is mob battles.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012

1 balance only gets elemental blades and sprite blades and elemental trap and sprite traps for the school and they only get blades for there own class that any spell they uses would waste the blade or trap so that would make it hard to stack and give the enemy time to block with say a tower or even more and there not going be able to take out the tower with a wand spell if they have there stuff stack because then they lose the balance blade and traps and say they train death for fient they lose that to because if anything attack those kinda traps or uses those kinda blades it dose not matter what kinda spell it is it will get used just like the tower block would and also there ways to stop them from stack myth earth quake storms blade destroy i mean there tc you can always take into pvp if you don't have that spell to top that most people would just adjust a little to be ready for the new convert by adding more school blocks and maybe towers. why do you think so many people train tower its because balance couldn't be block unless you did use that or unless they casted hydra

2 there going always be a time when they put the convert before the shields the thing is you can always cast more shields if you have them in hand that's just what the person would do and to be honest people wouldn't really even use the convert in pvp because what would be the point if there just going get blcok by more people by it and it be a 50% chance to get any of the school so you never know what element it chang your spell into witch just makes it harder to use uses with blades and traps to be honest if this gets added only thing its really is going affect is mob battles.
You are clearly missing the glaring point. Giving a prism absolutely requires giving a school specific shield to counter it. Doing this destroys everything that makes Balance unique and kills the school entirely.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009

As you stated balance gets elemental/spirit blades and traps which along with the tc available and items is more than enough to stack. Why would the use balance blades and traps at all in PvP with tower as a tool? If the convert was added along the typical conventions of balance magic they will get an elemental and spiritual convert which removes the random factor. For mobs I would prefer that if balance receives a convert it would be to the astral and shadow magic which would not require a balance shield,

Survivor
Jul 25, 2013
Survivor
Aug 30, 2016
Eric Stormbringer on Sep 9, 2016 wrote:
They could only stack shields before the convert in the case of an elemental/spiritual convert. Trying to stack elemental/spirit shields after a convert would have no effect. This is in contrast to the other schools where you can stack shields before or after the convert. If you stack towers after the convert, a balance could remove those with an off school wand while keeping the convert and any traps intact.
oh ya forgot about the after thing ok but still I got to say it wouldn't affect much

as for the off school ward thing well if they do remove it that way it still use there balance traps and only traps that work with the convert that aren't like feint are spirte blade spirte traps elemental trap elemental blades unless you train a school for that and if they used there wand hit spell there going use any traps or blades that are like feint

and its not like people wouldn't use the other school blocks before they casted the convert because people would plain for balance convert thing and if it so op in pvp then they can always just make it none pvp like they did with the summon

Survivor
Aug 30, 2016
seethe42 on Sep 9, 2016 wrote:
You seriously think that it's possible for a wizard to to cast 6 shields to block a single spell BEFORE a prism is cast on them? If you cast a Storm prism on me, I can cast a Storm shield afterwards to block it by up to 90% in one turn. Your suggestion of a random Balance prism can be blocked at most by a 60% enchanted tower shield. So YES a Balance shield WOULD be needed. Any other shield placed after the prism would have NO EFFECT.
still a balance shield would not be needed because 1 yes you can't block in the prism already on you but you have tower shields and you can always spam them just like if a storm casted a storm convert and your a myth but sent your myth you don't have your own shield till level 10 but you have to plain to take that in in the first place because if you don't then you have to use a tower shield it be the same thing here people would just plain to take in elemental shields and sprite shields to try and block the damage before it happens and people would pack lots of tower blocks and if they use traps and blades like death feint then when they try to use a wand hit spell it break the trap and blades and they go to waste before they can use there spell so honestly we do already have a balance shield its called tower shield added we have the arena to block them the 20% resistance added and if you count the shadow spells we can block them even more with that because there a spell used for block and added critical block so honestly if balance got a convert its not going affect pvp anymore then converts already have to be honest you can stack

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
akbirdwellpenny65 on Sep 10, 2016 wrote:
still a balance shield would not be needed because 1 yes you can't block in the prism already on you but you have tower shields and you can always spam them just like if a storm casted a storm convert and your a myth but sent your myth you don't have your own shield till level 10 but you have to plain to take that in in the first place because if you don't then you have to use a tower shield it be the same thing here people would just plain to take in elemental shields and sprite shields to try and block the damage before it happens and people would pack lots of tower blocks and if they use traps and blades like death feint then when they try to use a wand hit spell it break the trap and blades and they go to waste before they can use there spell so honestly we do already have a balance shield its called tower shield added we have the arena to block them the 20% resistance added and if you count the shadow spells we can block them even more with that because there a spell used for block and added critical block so honestly if balance got a convert its not going affect pvp anymore then converts already have to be honest you can stack
None of that made any sense at all. If you cannot see the difference between 80% and 50% there's really no point in continuing this. I see you've been been playing for almost an entire two weeks, so you clearly are an expert on the game's mechanics.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
seethe42 on Sep 11, 2016 wrote:
None of that made any sense at all. If you cannot see the difference between 80% and 50% there's really no point in continuing this. I see you've been been playing for almost an entire two weeks, so you clearly are an expert on the game's mechanics.
just so you know I know that guy and me and him been on this game for 5 years are accounts got mess up so we decided to make new ones but we been on wizard101 almost for 6 years this upcoming year is going be the 6 year you haven't even been here for a year to be honest your the clearly un xp one here and ak is right it wont affect anything you just think it would to be honest its not going make balance op and if anything they can make it none pvp I think kingly should decided

and just so you know don't be calling anyone anything because some players look new when there really old players its just accounts don't always last forever theres a lot things that can happen such as hacking if you look at one of ak post you would see he just got back one of his old accounts so to be honest never judge anyone that you don't know and honestly I been fallowing this not posting but fallowing and I fined your a vary rude poster you always attack everyone I seen not in just this one but any post I seen you in and I watch a lot of topics because I like to see whats going on

to be honest I like ak ideal because it would make thing a little easy in balance mob battle it dose not have to be a pvp thing they can always block it in pvp

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
akbirdwellpenny65 on Sep 10, 2016 wrote:
oh ya forgot about the after thing ok but still I got to say it wouldn't affect much

as for the off school ward thing well if they do remove it that way it still use there balance traps and only traps that work with the convert that aren't like feint are spirte blade spirte traps elemental trap elemental blades unless you train a school for that and if they used there wand hit spell there going use any traps or blades that are like feint

and its not like people wouldn't use the other school blocks before they casted the convert because people would plain for balance convert thing and if it so op in pvp then they can always just make it none pvp like they did with the summon
That is the point if they were using a convert centric piece they would not be using their universal blades and traps. Balance already has elemental/spirit blades for free and can train any school's traps with their school tree. Combine this with potent trap and tc and you have huge stacking potential. If this resource is made no PvP I don't have an issue with it.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
Balance already gets Elemental Shield and spirit.
(lol just realized while i was fighting Infected Villagers)

So i think adding shields and/or prisms to Balance is something un-balanced. <-- See that's not the point of the school.

Also, Balance is OP with anyone other than their school. They have to Universal Blade buffs they can use, +25% (balance) and +35% (dragon.) Since there aren't alot of members in the game. It is usually hard for Balance to battle.
Balance is OP enough when with others. For example, Storm. Storm does the most damage, with Balance Buffs that would be such a game changer.
Balance is advantage isn't to attack. But to defy.

Valdus SpellCaster, Level 46, On MooShu