Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kingsile, Fix your pvp system already.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 06, 2015
So i have played this game for a solid 2 years and have noticed some irritating things about the game.

You made it to where if you are a level 10 and paid either at least 15 hours of farming nightshade/loremaster or 20 dollars of crowns (or a little bit of both) that you can just become a god at pvp with 5x better stats than any other level 10 with 50 resist and 50 damage to everything. Even with a level 45 i have been beaten by a level 10 who just blade-stacks and uses tc orthrus.

You actually thought giving a level 10 the power of a level 70 would be fair just by making a level difference? You guys can argue that you have higher health or harder hitting spells as a higher level compared to a warlord, but you need to see that a tc orthrus with 2 blades still does at least 1.5k with some resist.

The next subject i would like to shine some light on, is how desperate you guys are for money. To access anything past the first 10 quests you have to pay an outrageous amount of money to unlock with crowns or subscribe with a membership. I really think this game still has a lot of potential but you guys just make it more and more pay-2-play with each update. There is a mount that gives you stats for crying out loud, and guess what? There is no way to get it without paying money to get the in game currency. Explain how this game can be fun or fair when you can buy yourself up to level 50 for 50 United States Dollars with the only exception is having a level 50 on your account already. This is becoming more a scam then a game as each day passes and with each update being introduced.

i would also like to touch on the topic of the gear you get when you are ranked high at pvp, please nerf the fact that again, a level 10! once more i will say it, A LEVEL 10! Can get you 50 dmg and 50 resist. This is not fair at all to any level. With such insane stats you can dominate every wizard within the range of level 15-50 wizards.

Lastly, you really need to work on your response team, While when in need of help i will contact your support team via email and i will always get a plastic, non-genuine, garbage response that doesnt sound close to even being typed by a real person. It's not helpful and it makes me very upset when i get responses like that.

I know that someone of kingsile will never change the game to my liking, but i think that a lot of people would benefit from at least a few changes to the points that i have made in this thread. Thank you for reading this and taking time to think about it.

Sincerely,
Luke Nightsmith

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Pvp isn't a required part of the game your forced to participate in. Also the amount of effort and $$$ you have to put in is probably never going to decrease. (KI is a company and they need money) As for lower levels having 50 damage, they are usually facing people 10-20+ levels above them. (I have friends that have lvl 10 warlords and they have to face people level 30-40).

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Cass MoonHeart on Aug 22, 2016 wrote:
Pvp isn't a required part of the game your forced to participate in. Also the amount of effort and $$$ you have to put in is probably never going to decrease. (KI is a company and they need money) As for lower levels having 50 damage, they are usually facing people 10-20+ levels above them. (I have friends that have lvl 10 warlords and they have to face people level 30-40).
Its probably the only thing that lvl110's get to do

(KI Is a company and they need money) Sure they need money but PVP should be more fair, PVP should be based on skill and not on fortune.

Your 4th sentence for lower levels having 50 damage, that doesn't prove your point at all reread the forum he said they had the stats of lvl70 you are not proving your point at all.

Defender
May 02, 2015
I'm in agreement.

While Cass is right that no one is making anyone participate in an extension of the game, it's a matter of what it takes to keep playing the game..

There are thousands of games that gamers can choose to dedicate themselves to or get themselves lost in that are sooo much cheaper than wizard. And I think players just feel a little unappreciated when "updates" and, probably more to the point, "bundles" (now putting in stat increasing mounts) get released because there is a very real and obvious price tag that it takes to play this game.

It comes in the form of "memberships" that might give access to all areas and certain benefits, but once it expires, you either re up for another 60 dollars, at best, or you pay even more money to get access to those areas again.

It comes in the form of gear sets and mounts that can only be acquired through money only - items be they expensive bundles (seriously, 40 bucks is 2/3 the price of a brand new console game) or cheaper packs that are completely random in what you get in them (where it will take you either 5 dollars or 50 dollars to get a jade set).

It comes in the form of potions and elixirs, even second chance chests in increasing costs as you put money in (which is a pretty accurate personification of how the game functions: Reasonable at first, but increasingly costly), where the game experience can be enhanced or less time consuming, but only for more money.

It's a great business model, in that it generates a Lot of revenue, but it isn't exactly fair to the players who are the ones being nickel and dimed. Players who could easily get there entertainment from somewhere else for way cheaper, but still choose to participate in this game.

When you buy a new game for x dollars, all of the game is yours. Yes games come out with new content, but you buy that new content and all of it is yours. Wizard feels a lot like that add for cable - credit card reader right on the remote.

No one wants to buy a game again.