Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two Additional Astral Schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2014
Idea 1: Time
Time involves charm/ward/utility spells that are more powerful than other spells of the same kind, but the catch is they take a certain amount of rounds to activate, meaning they require planning to utilize them properly. As you get higher level versions of Time spells, they become very powerful, but in return require more rounds to activate.
Some examples of the highest versions (no names)
+250% blade after 4 rounds
+80% blade to all friends after 4 rounds
Heal 1200 to self after 5 rounds
+70% trap to all enemies after 4 rounds
-60% accuracy to all enemies after 3 rounds

Idea 2: Planet or Galaxy
Planetary (or Galactic, not sure yet) magic gives us the power to perform outside of regular gameplay. Essentially, these spells allow us to perform cheats like bosses. I won't go into all the possibilities, but I'm thinking mainly utility spells, no damage casting spells as that would be too unfair. The four main types would be every-round cheats, X amount of round cheats, after taking damage cheats, and after an enemy heals cheats. To keep players from using too many of these spells, decks could obtain a new "cheat" section, where we can select a certain amount of our planet spells that we want. To be fair, when we can first learn these spells we should only be able to pick one cheat, but maybe every 2 or 5 levels or so we can unlock another slot, or another idea is simply some decks come with more cheat slots than others.

Defender
Aug 15, 2010
Time is too OP!

It would take away all challenge from the game, I mean Supercharge is a good blade, but you can't get 250%

Survivor
Aug 19, 2014
It is rather op, but that was just an example. It would be intended to be the final tier of that category (compare to colossal of the sun school) so for example, to get it you would first have needed to get the first 4-5 spells as well as gain around 20-50 levels.. So it's really not
The first version would be something like this
+50% blade after one round
..then
+75 blade after two rounds
+160% blade after three rounds
and finally the last one

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
I like the idea of a Time School and a Space School but you ideas for them weren't very realistic. For the Time School I think a set of spells which trigger in later turns or increase in strength as time goes by.

Example:

Time Blade
Cost 0
Effect: Add a +50% to next Attack. Blade appears in 4 turns.