Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-8-16

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
dayerider on Jul 12, 2016 wrote:
they've stated many times that they will never allow deletion of quests
Aww, where?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I would like it if the Pet Page Tab was reverted to the old one instead of the new one. I always have to click it to the old one. Maybe a setting to change it to the old one by default.

I would also like it if the NPCs didn't force quests on you. What I mean by this is if there is a NPC that has a story line quest and a side quest you can't just finish talking to them and move on. It stays open the chat thing and you have to click out of it. (Hopefully that makes sense.)

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
You know what I would do to the UI? Make some refinements to streamline certain aspects to W101 & others.

For instance, the dialogue boxes that show when doing "Defeat X & Collect Y" quests to mobs are too annoying where the conversations were always interrupted by being pulled into another duel without getting enough time to finish the conversation and hear the story should be changed to non-player controlled dialogue pop-ups, like how it is in P101, so that way, players can hear the dialogue & get to safe places freely without being stuck in one place and have to hear the whole conversation until done.

& another notable change I would really like to do is to make all parts of the UI, except the dialogue boxes & non-player controlled dialogue pop-ups, scroll off-screen when going into conversations, going through non-player controlled cutscenes, & even others, like in the scene in Horizon Hold where The Rat's Sky Titan gets destroyed & Grandfather Spider appears, & how it's supposed to be with the last scene with Shadow Morganthe in her own Central Chamber in her Shadow Palace & the final scene in Castle Darkmoor's Graveyard where Malistaire finally surrenders upon being defeated for the final time and leaves the Spiral with Sylvia to the Other Side for good, & once all these are done, the UI scrolls back on-screen.

Those UI changes should definitely be made to W101! I would like to see the UI scroll off-screen when going into events & such & back on-screen to resume gameplay once done. Consider that, Professor Falmea.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
exp613 on Jul 12, 2016 wrote:
Aww, where?
quoting from HERE, first paragraph, last sentence:

"With this in mind, the system will not be reverted to the way it was in the past."

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
dayerider on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
quoting from HERE, first paragraph, last sentence:

"With this in mind, the system will not be reverted to the way it was in the past."
The link you provided is talking about changes to the Critical-Block system? I thought we were talking about the deletion of Quests which is an entirely different thing? (I still think an update to the Questbook with either colors for sidequests vs mainquests would be very nice: one color for Main Quest, another for special (Grizzleheim Mainquest/earns spells/earn training point) and sidequest. I know dropping of sidequests is also a requested feature still)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
exp613 on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
The link you provided is talking about changes to the Critical-Block system? I thought we were talking about the deletion of Quests which is an entirely different thing? (I still think an update to the Questbook with either colors for sidequests vs mainquests would be very nice: one color for Main Quest, another for special (Grizzleheim Mainquest/earns spells/earn training point) and sidequest. I know dropping of sidequests is also a requested feature still)
oh stupid me, I dont know WHY I did that. That was just weird. my apologies. I seriously have noe clue why I did that. Maybe I need another cup of coffee before posting lol

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Something else I'd like to see is to have the option to toggle the refill potions on or off the screen. It's not something that happens often, nor has it been particularly detrimental doing so, but from time to time I accidentally click on them and use a bottle when I didn't want to. Usually it's for the same reason others have mentioned when it comes to right clicking the wrong cards; untimely lag that freezes your pointer in the wrong position when you click the button.

Toggling the bottle icons right off the screen may not be the best option, so perhaps a more suitable alternative would be to have a prompt that asks if you want to use it when you click it. I know a lot of people want to click those bottles fast and get back in the game, but adding an extra 1 - 4 seconds (depending on one's reaction time) to confirm your selection in the extra dialogue box I believe is fairly reasonable.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
an option to expedite ALL boat rides in the game. This would hepl in a lot of places, but especially marleybone where not all of the airships have a "click X to bypass boat ride animation".

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
The number one thing on my Wizard101 wishlist right now is a pet card icon. Right now pet cards and item cards are identical. There is absolutely no way to tell them apart. This is a problem when attacking or buffing because pet cards and item cards stack. Without a way to differentiate between the two sources, blades and traps are commonly duplicated. Is that a pet sharp tri-blade or an item sharp tri-blade? The easiest way to solve this issue is to add a small icon on the pet cards (maybe a piggle?) similar to how TC icons work. If that can't be done, even changing the pet cards' color will suffice.

I've been begging for this for awhile now, I would be delighted if it finally happened!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Can we have selecting boxes in the Bazaar? I'd really like to be able to click on all the items I want to sell so I can just sell them all at once for a combined price. Same goes with buying. I think it would be very time saving and beneficial to just make buying and selling that much easier.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Change the pet snack UI to be more like the one in the Bazaar, that gives us options to sort by Name, Rank, and Quantity. Also, the ability to quicksell any pet snack that doesnt have the "no auction" tag. The only option we have is find that rare vendor, or destroy them one at a time. This would facilitate selling items and be MUCH more user friendly. Now, in order to prevent people from quickselling the really GOOD snacks, give a warning when you're going to sell a rank 8 or 9 snack, and list the snack you're selling, so people have a second chance to catch a mistake. No, it's not a perfect solution

Administrator
These are some really fantastic ideas, Wizards. So fantastic that we're actually already in progress with a couple of them ::grin::. The rest, we'll definitely discuss for future updates.

A new FF shall be summoned shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea