Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-1-16

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I say expand the existing ones. Put new Spellwrits and B.O.X.E.S. in the newer worlds. And get some events for the pirates.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i would love to see something like the house cup (from harry potter) in-game. it would take place over the entire summer, in order to ensure maximum participation.

how it would work:

i) participants choose one wizard from their account~ that's the team they'll be on, for the duration of the challenge.

ii) completing the daily challenges earns points for your team. challenges are based on level brackets (ie: 1-10, 11-20, and so on) and may change as your level increases. that way, level 1-10s don't have the same challenge requirements as exalted and prodigious wizards.

iii) pvp events are optional and to be kept separate from pve. this ensures that everyone can participate in the event~ those who want to pvp can do so, while those who don't aren't forced to.

iv) at the end of the summer, the school with the most points wins a unique prize!

-von "10 points to gryffindor" shadowsong

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Tylerwildpants on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:
“Great Eggspectations Event” Part II of II

In each Egg Portal, you randomly fight any four bunnies, rabbits or hares found throughout the Realms (see further below)

Final Egg Portal
Fight Bunferatu and Nosferabbit, and any random bunnies, rabbits, or hares (see further below)
Bunferatu and Nosferabbit are hopping mad they were never selected as the Easter Bunny, so they put beguile potions in all the realm’s carrot juice supply to charm all bunnies, rabbits and hares, in this mad hare scheme to ruin the Annual Spring Festival.

Bunnies, Rabbits and Hares found throughout the Realms:
Caerbannog Rabbit, Prismatic Hare, Stormrider Hare, Captain O'Hare, Lieutenant Roger, Sergeant Harvey, Private Eddie, Oliver Quickneedle, Geoffrey Spellsmith and Frankenbunny.

Badges
Eggs Factor - Defeat 50 Prismatic Hare
Eggspresso - Defeat 100 Prismatic Hare
Eggaoholic - Defeat 150 Prismatic Hare
Eggrophobic – Defeat 50 Caerbannog Rabbit
One Hundred Eggs is un oeuf - Defeat 100 Caerbannog Rabbit
Eggspert – Defeat 150 Caerbannog Rabbit
Eggreable – Defeat 50 Stormrider Hare
Eggravating – Defeat 100 Stormrider Hare
Scrambled, Not Stirred – Defeat 150 Stormrider Hare
Agents of E.G.G.S. - Defeat Prismatic Hare, Caerbannog Rabit and Stormrider Hare
Breaking Eggs - Defeat Nosferabbit
The Walking Eggs - Defeat Bunferatu
Great Eggspectations – Defeat all the bosses and henchman

Can you help save all the bunnies, rabbits, and hares, and the Spring Festival too. See Eggbert in the Shopping District now!
The badges are hilarious.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
At the stroke of midnight on Christmas Eve, all areas of the Spiral cost no crowns to enter. By some inscrutable miracle, any player may go anywhere he or she could go with a membership.

At 11:56 pm, Christmas Day, Auld Lang Syne begins playing, and warns all players that the stars, however aligned they are now, must go their separate ways, and planets in their separate orbits, and so areas they have seen via this special astronomical event will close once again, and they will arrive home safe. When the song is over, the Christmas that Might have Been event ends, and the next time players without membership would change zones to a pay-to-play zone, they are returned to Ravenwood instead.

But not without a parting gift! As the event closes, each player receives a small gift randomly selected from a list of items/reasons most often cited by players for wanting to buy a certain zone: a few examples might include Pink Dandelion seed, Turquoise/Amber, Red/Pink Huckleberries, Stone Block/Fossil, Sandstone/Sunstone, Couch Potato seed; as well as a possible holiday drop such as level 15-85 holiday themed wand, Christmas Elf pet, Yuletide Spirit pet, or rental versions of Yuletide mounts.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2011
Ooh I'm a big fan of both events above me. I've always thought of a school-competition type of thing for the game. It would be awesome as some schools would have it easier in certain situations than others. For example, an ice wizard would have a much easier time surviving a strong boss. But a storm wizard would slice right through some street-type enemies. That sounds awesome to me.

And Christmas is all about giving right?

-Tyler Thundersword

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
1st idea do a five boss event for pirate101?

second event idea: would (like know more about dragonspyre academy school (to see what it was dragonspyre academy school look like) before tree was destroy? why death tree is still there nameless name? I know truth about info death tree from dragonspyre academy?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Mr Talon on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:
The badges are hilarious.
Thanks Mr. Talon :)

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I think a Christmas dungeon would be fine, and I really liked the Idea of a Mooshu New Year's event!

I really would like to see another repeat of the Spiral Cup- I think it should be an annual thing? Wizards will get to return to Wysteria to compete against new foes and rivals each year dungeons would be for wizards at the levels at later levels perhaps like 40-80. (This could be in every August to commemorate the release of Wysteria)

Or an alternative idea is if there was a Street off of Tanglewood way that only opened up during part of the year when the vines were in bloom. This could take you to a new street where you have to fight a new villain that is trying to take over Ms. Crips position at Pigswick so that when she goes to the Headmasters convention he can try and destroy Ambrose. (Or something, like that I'll leave the story up to you.) Another idea is you go to investigate the strangely blooming flowers and one jumps out of nowhere and either attempts to eat your Wizard or sneezes some kind of powder on the Wizard. (That would be a cool animation to see the plant try and eat the Wizard, but they break free.) Anyway there is a little hobgoblin that pops out and laughs and says we've been cursed with a powder that makes our magic less potent but he has the antidote at his shop. However the plants are in full bloom so it's going to be a struggle to get there. Can we help him? We then venture through the new side street to the Gobblin's house under this spell. What the spell does is lower your natural pip chance by a lot.. (perhaps even to zero) Spells like PowerPlay will work, but you have to struggle by not getting powerpips (or shadow pips) nearly as frequently during the dungeon) Once you reach the end your powers are restored (maybe you could even get a permanent 5% powerpip chance increase for completing the quest) Just an idea!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I would love to see something themed after Evil Dead. Would be great if you could get Bruce Campbell to voice the NPC that sends you out on the quests in his Oldsmobile to recover his boomstick, chainsaw, and the "Necronomicon".

Klattu verata necktie!

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
Use the Daily Assignments. Tie it to a marketing event surrounding a one Year Subscription. Earn a badge.

For instance: 365 consecutive Daily Assignments gets me "Wizard for a Year" badge or something along those lines.

Then, find a way to tie it back to those of us who have been here forever and can "claim" an Old Timers badge, etc...

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I think Tasha's idea is fantastic,it would give many newer players the opportunity to see the game the way it once was. From fighting the three oni helephants in mooshu,the original Kensington Park with golems running at their normal speedy pace,or Malistaire in DS with his meteors and 100,000 health. One week during April Fools would be great . I for one was afraid then but I still enjoyed that challenge. New badges and drops (Seraph Pet ) would make the experience all the better. Thanks

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
Tasha1306 on Jul 1, 2016 wrote:
How about an April Fool's event for 3-7 days where all bosses and dungeons are un-nerfed and returned to their hardest state ever, including the 100k DS Mali. Better gear drops could be added or just new badges during that time.
I actually like this idea, especially for april fools, and it'd just be for 4 days so that sounds like a blast revisiting the past

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
Noob Day! As the name implies, it is the day of the noob. A day where you complete certain quests and get gear that looks like what a new player would wear, aka roughspun boots, stuff like that. however these items would ironically have AMAZING stats, depending on your level you would get a particular set of items, or maybe something for your class, storm would have MEGA critical or fire would have MEGA damage, ice would have a huge amount of resist, life would have a huge amount of outgoing healing, like 30% per piece. However the items still look like a lvl 5 would wear them as starters, this event would last say 5 days or so, however long kingsisle would like, maye use the event as just a filler event but i feel that people would love the event. Call it whatever you want to but i still like the gist of this event.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
i would like an event where aztecosaurs invade certain worlds (to escape the comet) and you have to find them a suitable home before they overrun the spiral.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I really loved the part of the B.O.X.E.S. event where you go into the past and see some of the teachers when they were younger. I really want this idea to be expanded upon. Someone above mentioned wanting to see a version of Ravenwood with the Death School still intact, and I agree. I think there should be an event where we have to go back in time in Ravenwood.

The basic idea would be we are looking for an answer to a mystery that is going on in present day, and go back in time to when Malistaire was still teaching to ask around. When we find that the answer is not in this time period, we can go back farther to when the teachers were just students, and eventually go as far as to when Merle Ambrose was a student. This could shed light on not only Ravenwood's past but the professors and Merle's past as well, something players have long wanted to know more about.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Survivor
Oct 12, 2012
I would like to see players be able to become students at Pigs wick and learn new types of spells. If not, It would be cool to have the player learn more about Astral spells and how it scattered to many worlds.

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
"Enrollment"

What happens is you meet a student and you help him/her decide what school to take, or, if it were someone who has a hard time with some decisions, like me, maybe show them around. Maybe it should actually be called "School tours". Or maybe the student hasn't picked his/her class, so the tour might help him/her.

I think this should take place around late August or early September, because that is when school normally starts. Maybe this could be tied with KI's birthday, so there could be festivities like a party in front of the Great Grandfather Tree himself.

Catherine Rainbowsong

Survivor
May 20, 2013
I'd always wanted an event like the B.O.X.E.S which was based on Doctor Who, so having another event based on a show, series, or something we all love would be awesome! Perhaps cross overs as well, like we meet certain characters in game, kind of like Selena Gomez, but they have their own event.

Great day wizards

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Ooh! So Everyone is always requesting to be able to go to the Wysterian Schools and learn new magic from them what if you COULD but only at certain times of the year? Like via an event? It could be like those trainers you guys introduced in Pirate that cycle through and appear at different times of the day? (I think that would also be cool to do and I guess you kind of did it in Krok) Anyway like my other idea at somepoint was that you have to return to Wysteria to give a lecture and it's during that time that you are allowed to learn the Wysterian spell? (I'm just desperate to get Wysterian spells like a lot of people here, but it's just an idea).

It doesn't have to be based on Wysteria per se, but a Spell that is only learnable certain times of the year would indeed be awesome ( and exclusive -somewhat)

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Jul 1, 2016 wrote:
Hi Wizards! It's Friday again, and you all know what that means!

Today, let's talk about Events. Our first event was for Hallowe'en, the towers just off Ravenwood that appear every year in October. Our second was the Lost Pages event (which just concluded!). Our third was the Five B.O.X.E.S. event. By definition, our events are only for a limited time and generally on the smaller side (though B.O.X.E.S. is pushing that "smaller" description!). My question is - what sort of Event would you like to see next? Where would it take place? When would it be turned on and off?

Have a wonderful (long holiday - for some of you) weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Well, I do like to see more holiday themed events, like a Thanksgiving event that occurs every Thanksgiving where we have to search for one of the Spiral's legendary and elusive Turkeys, the Giant Golden Turkey, hailed from somewhere besides El Dorado, and someone is willing to eat that Turkey, but we're willing to save it & defeat the one who's always out to get that Turkey, and a new Christmas themed event that occurs every Christmas where a holiday hating monster who despises holiday cheer is siphoning the cheer and joy out from the Spiral, and we'd have to venture out to find its lair and defeat that holiday hating monster and have it changed to spread all joy and cheer through the Spiral, a new Easter event that occurs every Easter, where the Spiral's annual Easter Egg Hunt is being sabotages by someone who wants to steal all the Easter Eggs and eat them, and even a Valentine's Day themed event that occurs every Valentine's Day where Valentina Heartsong's powers are somehow being stolen by a monster who wants to turn all that power into despise so it can make all in the Spiral despise each other, and we have to defeat that monster to stop that evil scheme, and another new Halloween Event with another new original story, like the one where we have to defeat Nosferabbit to stop his own evil scheme.

Still, I really liked the original events where other villainous forces & villains plot to destroy the Spiral through other means, like the Five B.O.X.E.S. event, so I would really like to see more like that!

We would really like to see more new events like those, both holiday-themed & original!

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I'd like an "evil you" questline, You would battle a boss with your same school, same stats, same equipment, same pet with same abilities, same spells trained, etc. The dungeon will be no port, no return, no marks can be set, no crowns henchmen (a first for W101), and no TC's (Also a W101 first). For parties of 2, 3, or 4: there will be that many bosses, each matching a player. The "no_____" rules listed above *WILL BE NOTED* on an unskippable interactive object immediately inside the dungeon's first room (just so nobody can say "I didn't know"), and the boss will be in another room.

Administrator
You've outdone yourselves this time, Wizards, these are great! We've got something holiday related in the works *sometime* later this year that I'm very excited about, but a few of these ideas have our wheels turning for the future. Fun!

A new FF is coming your way shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea