Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New bug with elixirs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
Since the update this morning, elixirs in banks and shared banks have begun to count down without you ever equipping them.

i.imgur.com/XhqNnxc.png

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
Happy Fun Ball on Mar 29, 2023 wrote:
Since the update this morning, elixirs in banks and shared banks have begun to count down without you ever equipping them.

i.imgur.com/XhqNnxc.png
Hey there, we are aware of this and looking for a fix now!

Explorer
Jun 16, 2010
Kyle IceWielder on Mar 29, 2023 wrote:
This has got to be more than a visual glitch.

I logged on for the first time in a few weeks to check out this update and much like others have said, my elixirs were ticking down. But again, I havent played in a few weeks so how would i have a gold elixir and fishing luck elixir be running without me having equipped them? They do not show as active elixirs above the health and mana orbs like they usually do. Please, find a solution, id like to not have all of my hard earned elixirs drained without my activating them.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Kyle IceWielder on Mar 29, 2023 wrote:
It's not just elixirs. It is happening to rental mounts also.

I have spoken to many people in-game about this today. Many have lost elixirs. Their items are no longer in their possession. How can this be a visual bug if people are losing their items?

Also, people have reported this since Test realm. Why are we having this bug if KI knew about it beforehand?

I messaged CS like you told me to Kyle (ty for replying back to me in-game about it btw) and they asked for screenshots. I am awaiting their reply. But, I cannot screenshot every single items and I have many timers counting down. When I saw a 1-day mount expiring, I quickly equipped it. Many others will do the same. Right now we have Spiral Showcase and this might force some people to equip fishing elixirs they'd rather much save for another day.

Also, some timers in my bank or shared bank show the number at 00:00:00. I believe if i take those elixirs out of the bank and into my backpack that I'd lose that elixir forever because it already counted down.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
Delver
Mar 30, 2014
It's not just visual. My elixirs are disappearing. I don't mean that they have 00:00 time left, though in some cases that is still true. Some of them are just gone. And no, logging out and back in does not restore them, they are gone.

Because KI told us this was just visual, I didn't document what I had earlier.

What is the plan for restoring what we lost and can no longer prove we had?

It's worth noting that various players, including myself, reported this serious bug to KI on test realm.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2013
If you don't equip them and they disappear anyway from your backpack and inventory count, is that still visual? What do we need to do to see those potions again?

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
It's not visual, the items are gone. Logging back in may reset the timers on the items in bank but it does not reset the timers on the items in pack. I think those might only be ticking down while you are playing on that wizard but not sure about that.

Based on my experience with temp mounts, I believe this is what is going on: When I have started the timer on a temp mount, and I put it into my shared bank, it stays there even if the timer has run down all the way. When I move it to my pack, if the timer has run down, then it disappears. So banks do not automatically clear out items with expired timers but packs do.

This does not explain the current bug of timers starting on their own for elixirs and temp mounts, but it does explain why they are still visible in banks but are disappearing from our packs.

On test when I removed elixirs from my bank, they were permanently lost, which makes sense for items whose timers have run out and makes no sense for a visual bug. I reported this item loss to KI during test realm.

KI, many players are anxious about this widespread item loss. Especially since this bug seems to be getting dismissed as "just visual".

@Spark @Kyle Icewielder Can we get a response as to how these items will be restored? Have I missed some announcement about this?

Survivor
Sep 23, 2013
I am having the same issue. I played for several hours on one of my accounts last night before finding out about this new glitch. I had several 3 hour double pet xp and quite a few 1 hour double gardening elixirs in my bank and shared bank. I've been collecting them since beastmoon started. Now I'm afraid to be on either of my acounts.

I've not sent anything to customer service because I cant say for sure how many I lost, I was surprised to find spots open in my shared bank lol and because all ya get from customer service anymore is a cookie cutter reply to report the issues to the message boards. But to be honest almost anything I report here goes unfixed. Might get a reply that KI couldnt duplicated the issue. That doesnt fix the fact it happened to my account though.

I'm truly hoping this isn't the case with these elixirs.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2013
Well, for what it's worth, I lost all but one pet XP potion across several accounts. I'd loaded up on them too. RIP. I suppose that's still visual. I can't see them!

Lost 999 azoth in a trade that bugged out, and 25 jewel blossoms using the filter on the new bank interface. Not a good run these last couple of months.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Valdus Wildheart on May 28, 2023 wrote:
Well, for what it's worth, I lost all but one pet XP potion across several accounts. I'd loaded up on them too. RIP. I suppose that's still visual. I can't see them!

Lost 999 azoth in a trade that bugged out, and 25 jewel blossoms using the filter on the new bank interface. Not a good run these last couple of months.
Hey Valdus

I wrote up a reply here that had every uncertainty answered in a most perfect post. Then over a month later saw your reply and I attempted to repost my reply. My unseen reply had tips and tricks for minimalizing losing such items in the rare case of this ever happening again.

Since I am not allowed to be too informative here, I'll simplify it to be able to finally help.

I got back around 8 giftbox pages of timer items (elixirs, mounts) on 2 accounts. The only bit of information Support needed was the usernames.

What I'm suggesting for you and anyone else to do (regarding the lost 'timer items') is ...

Create a ticket with Customer Support (CS) and give them your username(s).

Please update us if you get back any of your lost items. Good Luck!