Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deer Knight and Headless Horseman spells not working

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2021
Since the Novus update 2 spells on my level 34 Death Wizard have stopped working, the Deer Knight spell on my Grim Squeaker pet and the Headless Horseman in the Death spells on my Wizard that I got from a pack at Halloween in 2021. I was able to use them before now they are just grayed out and I can't select them when they appear in the available spells to choose even though I have enough pips. Anyone else having this issue any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thank you

Survivor
May 27, 2010
With the Novus update a new mechanic was introduced called Archmastery. Both Deer Knight and Headless Horseman both now require a "school pip" to be cast. There is a tome by Diego the Duelmaster that will teach you how Archmastery works.

As a note you can buy a Cracked Archmastery Opal from the Gem Shop in the shopping District. This will grant you Archmastery before you get natural Archmastery from reaching level 50. The Gem comes in both Tear and Square shapes.

-Tyler Darkheart

Survivor
Jul 02, 2017
ikonwolf on Dec 31, 2022 wrote:
Since the Novus update 2 spells on my level 34 Death Wizard have stopped working, the Deer Knight spell on my Grim Squeaker pet and the Headless Horseman in the Death spells on my Wizard that I got from a pack at Halloween in 2021. I was able to use them before now they are just grayed out and I can't select them when they appear in the available spells to choose even though I have enough pips. Anyone else having this issue any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thank you
this is most likely due to the new arch magic mechanic you will now need to be lvl 50

Survivor
Jul 02, 2017
ikonwolf on Dec 31, 2022 wrote:

Thank you
This is most likely due to the new mechanic which now includes school pips and because of this you need to be lvl fifty to now cast the spells. Hope this helped let me know if you need anything else.

Best wishes