Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Classes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2022
Hi, I am a returning player who was never able to get a membership in the past because I was too young to afford it. Now I am an adult and playing the game again for what is and isn't the first time, it's been an amazing experience and I love playing in this storybook world.

One of my favorite parts of this story is that we are all in dedicated schools. I am a life wizard, I attend the life school. I really enjoy the aspects of expressing our differences through gameplay mechanics.

Being a new player I am not sure if something called "classes" already exists, but I think it would be cool if (apart from guilds altogether) we were sorted into "classes" with other wizards of the same school. In these classes we could work together to achieve certain goals and milestones to earn rewards or perks for our class. It would be very engaging if annually the points from every class from each school were tallied and the winning school's students would receive a trophy of some kind (pet, furniture, etc).

It would be different from guilds in the sense that you have to work together with a randomly assigned group of wizards to achieve the goals. This gives players a chance to meet players outside of their circle and help newer wizards out too. Of course there should be a mechanic to be "transferred classes" if there's toxicity within the class. There could also be a mechanic where the classes refresh monthly and you are randomly transferred to a new class to meet more wizards.

Again I'm not sure if there's any mechanics like this in the game already, I've only just reached level 30 for the first time. I'd just really like to see more reasons to return to our schools and to engage in Ravenwood.

PS please don't spoil any of the game story for me, I'm enjoying it very much so far. Have a good one guys!

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
Hello

I really like the idea of having a friendly point battle between the 7 schools. As far as that being in the game, no it is not.

I could see it as a form of a "daily assignment" where "Defeat the Jade Oni = 50 points for your school" etc. Although the challenges from this would most likely arise from the 365 wait time for rewards, which could be reduced to 90 days (Scroll of Fortune run time) and then also have the annual award alongside it for the top school.

This also brings a new issue where Fire and Storm would most likely dominate as those are the most popular schools but I could be very wrong.

Fingers crossed?

Poof