Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet talent hunter issue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2012
Hi, I have a life fairie with Life Hunter, a life fairie with storm hunter, and a death wartle with life hunter. All three are unlocked, and all give a problem mesage when trying to open wooden chests. I've tried Lemuria chests, Azteca, Celestia, Grizzleheim, Dragonspyre, Mooshu, Krokotopia, and WC. Regardless, the pet swims over and then returns, not opening the chest but giving the message "Problem - This pet power fizzles in this world". Each has plenty of happiness. One is teen, one adult, and one ancient. Do they just need to be higher levels (ages)?
Savannah Emeraldhorn

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
I have also post few days after you, not seeing yours, about my pet, who has elemental retriever, doing the same thing. I tried in different worlds and also leveled it up to epic with no difference. I even thought maybe the fire cat is just an entry level pet or something. I have received no answer as I see none on yours either. I spent a very long time getting the tokens to unlock this pet, so I am kind of disgusted that it doesn't work. Hope we get an answer soon!

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
I just got email from KI after telling them I have two broken pets that I have tried in all worlds and I get same prompt you got on yours, and they said the pet works as supposed to. Have you gotten yours to work yet. this is how this makes me feel LOL.

RachelFireFlame

Survivor
Feb 01, 2012
Sorry for the late response Rachel Fireflame, but no, my pets still fail at all chests, all worlds (all I've tried anyway).
I have two fairies, one with life hunter, one with storm hunter, and I have a death wartle with death hunter. All are ancient I think. I will try to ask a dev or try e-mailing them as well.
They didn't happen to suggest anything, did they? Like try different worlds, or pet types, or anything?
Thanks for your tries at helping solve this. I will admit I haven't checked the message boards for a while.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
savannah emeraldho... on May 19, 2022 wrote:
Hi, I have a life fairie with Life Hunter, a life fairie with storm hunter, and a death wartle with life hunter. All three are unlocked, and all give a problem mesage when trying to open wooden chests. I've tried Lemuria chests, Azteca, Celestia, Grizzleheim, Dragonspyre, Mooshu, Krokotopia, and WC. Regardless, the pet swims over and then returns, not opening the chest but giving the message "Problem - This pet power fizzles in this world". Each has plenty of happiness. One is teen, one adult, and one ancient. Do they just need to be higher levels (ages)?
Savannah Emeraldhorn
For the Hunter pet Talents, I have had very little result, except that my Level 108 Wizard has been able to open chests with Death Hunter and receive bonus Gold. She started opening the chests in Polaris where she is questing, but can also open chests in other worlds.

The only Death treasure card I ever received from this Talent was a Mass Death Prism.