Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

XP bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 13, 2013
Hi I made a legend storm recently and when he got to level 69 I locked my xp and was going to farm for queen Calypso and went to olde town to the team up kiosk and clicked on loremasters chamber and before it let me team up it said locked players xp is not allowed in team up so I unlocked it and made sure I was not close enough to level up with the overflow xp and when I got pulled into the battle I leveled up to 70 is this a glitch? looking forward to you’re answer

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Level locking is one of the best updates ever. At least the concept is. Too bad it has so many flaws. Check out what was written about it here www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/level-lock-flaw-8ad6a425806f3b6a018080cb7afe6d66?page=1 and also here www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/level-locked-players-cannot-use-team-up-kiosk-8ad6a426806f3b6a018078e5887137b4?page=1

KingsIsle, please address this issue before the next Spiral Showcase. Level Locking should not prevent us from using the Team-Up kiosk. Additionally, Level Locking should not hide our xp. An equivalent insanity would be us not being able to view our locked items in our backpack. Locking stuff is not an invisibility cloak. We need to know what our xp is and need to know when unlocking it will cause us to level.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Level locking is not the best solution. Players are level locking because they want to stay at a particular level for non-max pvp or perhaps for a better pve challenge. So, let them not level. Rather than gaining experience that could cause unwanted and unintended leveling later on, even with a single mouse misclick, why not allow players to just opt out of getting any experience? Make us enter a special word with warnings so everyone who does it knows exactly what they are doing, and maybe a reminder every now and then that we aren't getting experience. No one needs to live in fear of accidentally leveling.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
sword tree on May 14, 2022 wrote:
Level locking is not the best solution. Players are level locking because they want to stay at a particular level for non-max pvp or perhaps for a better pve challenge. So, let them not level. Rather than gaining experience that could cause unwanted and unintended leveling later on, even with a single mouse misclick, why not allow players to just opt out of getting any experience? Make us enter a special word with warnings so everyone who does it knows exactly what they are doing, and maybe a reminder every now and then that we aren't getting experience. No one needs to live in fear of accidentally leveling.
These are not the reasons I use level locking. For me, the ability to lock one's level is one of the best features. I use it so I can continue questing and not worry that I will level up and lose out on maximizing the energy restoration. I wish we had this ability a long time ago. It just needs to work without flaws. Flaws which are making me miss out on completing Special Events such as Spiral Showcase and the current Spiral Scene. I have updated the other 2 topics (from the links in my post above) and once again mention what would remove those flaws.

1. Level locked players should not be locked out of the team-up kiosk.
2. Level locked players should not be locked out of seeing what their current xp is.