Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon Glitches 4.5.2022

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 19, 2021
Beastmoon is my favourite event.
There have been major improvements recently.
Glad to see all of them.
For example, we now see the animation for Taunt/Pacify, that's fantastic.

If anyone has noticed more glitches please write them here, if possible.
New Glitches:
- Myth Draconian 5 pip AOE doubles damage (300 --> 600 to all)
- Death Draconian Overtime 5 pip AOE multiplies itself based on enemy number it seems
- Life Elf 5 pip Overtime AOE same as Death Drac.one

Older problems and glitches:
- Double mantle and double dispel glitch still happens
- Life Colossus T5 spell supposed to give double pips after the aura appears - it's delayed by 1 round later
- Death Draconian's colors do not match the other Death forms colors Gold/Red -> Grey/Pink/Cold colours
- Dark Animism and Sudden Death spells of Death Draconian have Ally icon (looks like this ) when they work for Self only

Imbalances/Thoughts:
- Life Elf seems not on par with his small Life counterpart: Life Fairy. Due to no 200 hit first turn and Beguile for minion too situational.
- Ice Krokomummy starts with 3 pips, able to do 225 damage first turn as a form with 500 health.
- Death Draconian, starts with 2 pips, a form with 450 health, unable to do a 200 value spell first turn like his counter parts Death Pig and Death Krok.
A 200 value spell means: 200 hit first turn or 200 weakness (or a 250 + self hit)
It is not completely useless, just not on the same level as the others.
Minor buff solution: 25 to his drain or seraph
Another note: Life Draconian, a healing form is able to do 150 first turn + 150 damage = 300 for 2 rounds
while Death Draconian, a form that's supposed to be more damaging can do 75 trap + 200 = 275 for 2 rounds
This means that perhaps a 25 damage buff might make sense.
The inability of some forms to do a high value fast acting spell first turn
can be very detrimental when going against experienced players.
Please consider this.
- Would love to see some minor buffs on underpowered forms in the future, if that is deemed necessary to keep the forms of similar health on a similar power level.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2013
i'll add to the list of bugs from central that i've worked on finding
- Death Pigs 200 weakness does not work half the time
- Mantles of any kind count as 2 so you have a -50 for 2 rounds on you its been a few weeks now
- Battle rings have bugged out so much this even leaving teams in 2v1 or 3v2 (mostly 2v2 rings)
- Pacify while this is intentional or not you can't hit the person even when the other player is defeated pls fix
- Death rats weakness now gives x2 same as mantles now
- Death Drake 500 AoE dot hits everyone 3 times for 1500 Damage! and it seems many other aoes are hitting 3 times over!
- Fake pips are still a problem
- Battle rings bug out making it 2v1 or 3v2 still a problem after a few weeks
- Badges for mayhem still dont work
most of the bugs i listed have been in the game for a year or longer!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
They are bugs, not glitches. BM has been no fun this week, as soon as word got out everyone has a death drac on their team.

IMO this is clearly cheating by exploiting a bug, they should have been disabled day 1.

People got banned over a stinking mushroom glitch, but cheating in bm is okay?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
- Some are using a speed boost cheat to zoom through the map at hyper speed. Is this a cheat or is it allowed?

- Some open packs inside base to get cards not meant for their form. Is this patched yet?

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
I am battling in the ring with another player. They appear to be a storm beast. They are obviously out of cards because they don't hit me anymore. And I am on a fire colossus. I have the cards to kill the other player. I cast the fire viking or whatever it's called. Still he doesn't hit me. Then I cast the shark. He only has 100 health left. With this final cast this should take him out. But instead the game calls me defeated because I am out of cards. How is this possible? I should have been credited with the win. This happened at the time of this email 2am PST 5/6/2022. This needs to be fixed. If you are going to have all these damage over time spells in the beast moon events, at least allow them to play out.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2021
Jasmine3429 on May 6, 2022 wrote:
They are bugs, not glitches. BM has been no fun this week, as soon as word got out everyone has a death drac on their team.

IMO this is clearly cheating by exploiting a bug, they should have been disabled day 1.

What I meant by glitches is bug:
here's the definition of a glitch - an error or malfunction in a machine or plan.
I'll call them bugs from now on to be more clear, English isn't my first language.

Good that Balance Mage mentioned the bug where 2v1 happens and the zone is locked.
Balance Rat/Death Pig ones too.
The others I already said.

Here's more related to the AOE repetition bug:
- Death Cyclops 5 pip AOE Winged Sorrow
- Ice Elf's 5 pip trap AOE if there's a blade repeats
- Death Pig 5 pip AOE Overtime

Seems like all of these are connected.
I hear it may have been already fixed but didn't make it in the last patch.

Also yes, those exploits where people can run faster or use treasure cards are not fair and I think the devs already know about them. However, the good thing is that they rarely happen compared to other problems.

What I don't like about this AOE bug is that it's so powerful that over half the queue deals with that.
Gets repetitive.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2021
Jasmine3429 on May 6, 2022 wrote:

You have to also know that some people may have accidentally used the AOE without knowing it's bugged.
In 2v2 it doubles, some people even thought it was part of the game at that point. It should be just disabled or fixed imo. There have been similar problems in the past, like with Life Colossus immortality bug.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
I can't sit here and say that,'Oh KI just has not heard of these bugs '.

Yeah they have. We know the death drac basically killing all four is a severe bug.
So put the Death Drac on the bench until the bug is found. It is that simple.
Cut off his switch. Same with Life Elf.
People say, well have hope that humans will be honest. Nope, if gamers see a bug
you can bet every person in the game will start using it. Cut the Death Drac off till you
find the bug.

Today in two matches, it was the Myth Wolf bug.
He had no blades, and does not have one sigle spell at 1 pip that can hit for 500 pts.
He was completely and totally using a bug or a cheat. Ill say it again.
1 single pip, He cast a spell he does not have that Killed my partner with a 500 pt hit.

You dont sit back and allow people to gleefully just keep on using a bug a cheat or any exploit.
Players will use it. everyone in one match saw one of our players using either a speed exploit
or a teleport exploit. Every single one of us reported him and seen him multiple times still doing
it in matches. Is that my first thought? Oh cool, a speed exploit. No, I say what if he was on the other
team and using the exploit against us. Oh now its not cool.

KI you need to actually listen to the players that pay your salary.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2015
Just went against a team where multiple players were using a lot of dispels since they each essentially acted twice. Very annoying to go against these exploiters and makes the game unbalanced and no fun. This needs to be fixed.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
- Fire minotaur Noxious Golem didn't do its boost 1 time on an ice enemy. It did it 2 times prior in the same match so idk why it didn't work the 3rd time.

- Ice mummy stun if trap is on enemy is not working.

- Shifting Sands from balance mummy didn't swap shield

- Ice Minotaur had some sort of shield on it that never got removed. I used Noxious Golem on it and no boost again.

- Death drake looks like Life drake.

- Other school colors are confusing too. Please make each school color stand out so we do not mix them up.

- Timer lies sometimes and turns get missed.

- Mantles/weakness/etc remain on us.. It is confusing when we are not sure what is on us.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
DreamyIllusion000 on May 4, 2022 wrote:
Beastmoon is my favourite event.
There have been major improvements recently.
Glad to see all of them.
For example, we now see the animation for Taunt/Pacify, that's fantastic.

If anyone has noticed more glitches please write them here, if possible.
New Glitches:
- Myth Draconian 5 pip AOE doubles damage (300 --> 600 to all)
- Death Draconian Overtime 5 pip AOE multiplies itself based on enemy number it seems
- Life Elf 5 pip Overtime AOE same as Death Drac.one

Older problems and glitches:
- Double mantle and double dispel glitch still happens
- Life Colossus T5 spell supposed to give double pips after the aura appears - it's delayed by 1 round later
- Death Draconian's colors do not match the other Death forms colors Gold/Red -> Grey/Pink/Cold colours
- Dark Animism and Sudden Death spells of Death Draconian have Ally icon (looks like this ) when they work for Self only

Imbalances/Thoughts:
- Life Elf seems not on par with his small Life counterpart: Life Fairy. Due to no 200 hit first turn and Beguile for minion too situational.
- Ice Krokomummy starts with 3 pips, able to do 225 damage first turn as a form with 500 health.
- Death Draconian, starts with 2 pips, a form with 450 health, unable to do a 200 value spell first turn like his counter parts Death Pig and Death Krok.
A 200 value spell means: 200 hit first turn or 200 weakness (or a 250 + self hit)
It is not completely useless, just not on the same level as the others.
Minor buff solution: 25 to his drain or seraph
Another note: Life Draconian, a healing form is able to do 150 first turn + 150 damage = 300 for 2 rounds
while Death Draconian, a form that's supposed to be more damaging can do 75 trap + 200 = 275 for 2 rounds
This means that perhaps a 25 damage buff might make sense.
The inability of some forms to do a high value fast acting spell first turn
can be very detrimental when going against experienced players.
Please consider this.
- Would love to see some minor buffs on underpowered forms in the future, if that is deemed necessary to keep the forms of similar health on a similar power level.
Thoughts/Comments on "Imbalances/Thoughts"

I don't think that Ice Krok being able to do 225 for 3 pips first turn is a problem. That is low DPP and uses all of their pips. What is more important is that Low health Forms have a possible counter. Storm forms can potentially stun or out-hit the enemy team. Life can Heal back or after life. Ice can put up a shield. Death Weakness or Drain. etc. So long as there is a potential first round counter for each small form I think that is okay. The thing with spells that are "too good" most of the time I don't think it's an issue with the forms it's the number of copies available. Ice Krok is in a fine position as an Ice form, it's not meant to be taken out in 1 round and as I said, using the 3 pips for the one attack leaves it open the next turn. (There should be some thought by lower health forms of if they want to go first/second. I know it's not fun to get one hit KO, but ya gotta learn a little bit.).

The solution to Death Draconian is not a nerf to Life Draconian. Life Draconian I think is in a good position as a whole. Death Draconian (I know it's your favorite, sorry). I also think is in an okay position. The 2 pip Steal Health is pretty good. If you compare it to the other Drake forms they also do not do 200 first turn (Myth Drake is 150 and so is Life Drake) unless their conditional's are met. If Death Draconian pairs with say Storm Elf or Myth Rat or even Ice Krok as you mentioned. It will do the sufficient damage to kill the opposing player first turn (and has the benefit of bypassing shields (despite supposed to being weak to Ice, but that's a different story). It also has high enough health that it will not die first turn, so I don't know it needs the 200 hit. Honestly, I think the best solution would be to allow it to gain an extra pip so that it can use Dark Animism. (Have it in a similar case/set to Ice Krok.)

I totally agree that Life Elf Needs some help. It's hard to put HoTs on a small form because they need the Heal now, not over time, whereas on a bigger form it's able to benefit from Heal over Times to a larger extent.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2021
AtomGrounder on May 7, 2022 wrote:
I can't sit here and say that,'Oh KI just has not heard of these bugs '.

Yeah they have. We know the death drac basically killing all four is a severe bug.
So put the Death Drac on the bench until the bug is found. It is that simple.
Cut off his switch. Same with Life Elf.
People say, well have hope that humans will be honest. Nope, if gamers see a bug
you can bet every person in the game will start using it. Cut the Death Drac off till you
find the bug.

Today in two matches, it was the Myth Wolf bug.
He had no blades, and does not have one sigle spell at 1 pip that can hit for 500 pts.
He was completely and totally using a bug or a cheat. Ill say it again.
1 single pip, He cast a spell he does not have that Killed my partner with a 500 pt hit.

You dont sit back and allow people to gleefully just keep on using a bug a cheat or any exploit.
Players will use it. everyone in one match saw one of our players using either a speed exploit
or a teleport exploit. Every single one of us reported him and seen him multiple times still doing
it in matches. Is that my first thought? Oh cool, a speed exploit. No, I say what if he was on the other
team and using the exploit against us. Oh now its not cool.

KI you need to actually listen to the players that pay your salary.
or they could just turn off the spell "Terminal Illness" literally no one was ever using it before the bug appeared.
A ton of AOEs are glitched, I see that Fire Cyclops Mantle AOE and the Ice Krokomummy blade 4 pip is also.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2021
stemogstel on May 9, 2022 wrote:
- Fire minotaur Noxious Golem didn't do its boost 1 time on an ice enemy. It did it 2 times prior in the same match so idk why it didn't work the 3rd time.

- Ice mummy stun if trap is on enemy is not working.

- Shifting Sands from balance mummy didn't swap shield

- Ice Minotaur had some sort of shield on it that never got removed. I used Noxious Golem on it and no boost again.

- Death drake looks like Life drake.

- Other school colors are confusing too. Please make each school color stand out so we do not mix them up.

- Timer lies sometimes and turns get missed.

- Mantles/weakness/etc remain on us.. It is confusing when we are not sure what is on us.
I'll test some of these myself.
Do you remember if Shifting Sands was used on a Protected Cyclops shield. Because since the new update they were made to be protected, so it doesn't work anymore to shift them.
Perhaps some of these are due to individual forms, but they work on others.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
DreamyIllusion000 on May 9, 2022 wrote:
I'll test some of these myself.
Do you remember if Shifting Sands was used on a Protected Cyclops shield. Because since the new update they were made to be protected, so it doesn't work anymore to shift them.
Perhaps some of these are due to individual forms, but they work on others.
Shifting Sands was used by someone on my team who gave me the info I put here. I haven't tiered balance mummy ... yet.
Someone told me my fire minotaur spell works differently than how I thought. They said it only does its boost if a shield is still on after the 200 hit. I always thought it did the DoT boost if the enemy was shielded (or stun blocked).

I tested ice mummy 4-pip aoe and death pig aoe dot. Ice mummy will go off twice if any enemy has a blade. If no enemy has any blade, it will cast just once. It also seemed to do 325 on the second hit? Not sure. Death pig aoe dot did not cast twice. I think some of these might be conditional. Both need more testing.

I started a new Topic for 'Beastmoon colors' in Dorms section. Hope that gets attention too. I can't tell many forms apart and neither can others.

There are many things that need fixing before new content is given!

Maybe we should not want these fixed until AFTER Mayhem ends?

Survivor
Jun 22, 2014
Yes I just want to echo the death draconian glitch that is going on. Someone on my team used the glitch (either intentionally or unintentionally), and it won us a capture, but I do not want to get in trouble or be associated with cheating if it was. I am typing this now during our match so idk if it ends up helping us win (we are currently losing right now lol so that is fine with me).

Survivor
Feb 19, 2021
exp613 on May 9, 2022 wrote:
Thoughts/Comments on "Imbalances/Thoughts"

I don't think that Ice Krok being able to do 225 for 3 pips first turn is a problem. That is low DPP and uses all of their pips. What is more important is that Low health Forms have a possible counter. Storm forms can potentially stun or out-hit the enemy team. Life can Heal back or after life. Ice can put up a shield. Death Weakness or Drain. etc. So long as there is a potential first round counter for each small form I think that is okay. The thing with spells that are "too good" most of the time I don't think it's an issue with the forms it's the number of copies available. Ice Krok is in a fine position as an Ice form, it's not meant to be taken out in 1 round and as I said, using the 3 pips for the one attack leaves it open the next turn. (There should be some thought by lower health forms of if they want to go first/second. I know it's not fun to get one hit KO, but ya gotta learn a little bit.).

The solution to Death Draconian is not a nerf to Life Draconian. Life Draconian I think is in a good position as a whole. Death Draconian (I know it's your favorite, sorry). I also think is in an okay position. The 2 pip Steal Health is pretty good. If you compare it to the other Drake forms they also do not do 200 first turn (Myth Drake is 150 and so is Life Drake) unless their conditional's are met. If Death Draconian pairs with say Storm Elf or Myth Rat or even Ice Krok as you mentioned. It will do the sufficient damage to kill the opposing player first turn (and has the benefit of bypassing shields (despite supposed to being weak to Ice, but that's a different story). It also has high enough health that it will not die first turn, so I don't know it needs the 200 hit. Honestly, I think the best solution would be to allow it to gain an extra pip so that it can use Dark Animism. (Have it in a similar case/set to Ice Krok.)

I totally agree that Life Elf Needs some help. It's hard to put HoTs on a small form because they need the Heal now, not over time, whereas on a bigger form it's able to benefit from Heal over Times to a larger extent.
1) I don't want Life Draconian to be nerfed. He is in a good position at the moment, neither too strong or too powerful in my opinion. Just because I mention that Death Draconian can do less damage doesn't mean that I want Life Drac to be nerfed. It means I want equality in the form of: Life Draconian can still do 150 first turn, while Death Drac still only does a 75 trap first turn from what I said.

2) I know that Death Draconian is an OK form at the moment.
Yes, I agree that having 1 extra pip would be a perfect way to fix this.
Anything would be nice.

- Being able to do 100 damage first turn to kill another small form would only work if he's paired with 1 of 5 forms in the game from what I remember: Storm Wolf, Storm Colossus, Storm Elf, Myth Rat.

- When I mentioned a 25 buff on his drain or seraph, I thought that it was less significant compared to having an extra pip.
Since he'd still be able to do a maximum of 100 or 125 damage
first turn vs other forms who can do 150 or 200 first turn.
- Yes Myth Draconian does 150, however if there's a shield he leaves a 100 trap, and he can do 250 if he has a shield first turn. Which is much better than being able to do ONLY 100 damage first turn.
While Life Draconian can do 150 or more if someone overtimes.
Yes, I agree the drain is not bad.
250 + 200 kills it which happens very often (in a certain order)
If he's with a small form which also happens very often, it has a high chance of dying first.
He can't save it if it's a big hit (like with a 200 weakness or a 200 shield)
and he can't drain because it's not him being targeted.
In random vs random teams, he is an OK form.
However if you are against very experienced players, there is almost no way you can win with it.
Unlike certain other forms who can do faster acting spells.
When I say this I don't mean that I want them to be nerfed.

Maybe there is something else I'm still not seeing.
I will try to talk less about this in the future.
Even though I have a lot of experience with this form,
maybe there's a small chance I don't know something.

3) Yes, Ice Krok is not extremely strong, and I wouldn't want him to be nerfed to the point of being a form worse than others. What I was pointing out was the amount of health he has and the amount of damage/value he can do in the first turn vs others who can't. That doesn't mean I want him to be nerfed, I would just like more forms to be on the same level. Whether that means buffing weaker forms (like Ice Minotaur) or nerfing if it's in a truly balanced way where it doesn't make it a form that no one wants to play because it's worse than the others. Perhaps Ice Krok's extra pip doesn't need to be nerfed at all.

It really saddens me when people misunderstand what I write and think that I want forms to be nerfed in a way where it's unfair, and not that I want all forms to be closer to equally strong. Or that I want a form to be buffed in a way where it's so strong that nothing compares to it. I don't want injustice or inequality in Beastmoon. What I'm saying is only suggestions and information on how it could potentially be more balanced.
I wish someone could understand my point of view, perhaps I've written too much. Thank you to whoever has the patience to read this.

I'd like the developers to do what they think is best based on their own judgement combined with the information we give.