Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ra is very underpowered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2017
Ra is a 8 pip spell and it does 420-500, there is literally no reason to use this spell over powernova which is a 7 pip that does 665 damage. the -40% damage is worthless because I would rather one shot my enemies than wait an extra turn for it. Literally just remove the -40% and make it do 700 damage, and make powernova do like 20 less damage.

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
This is similar to how it used to be, when Power Nova added a -25% weakness and Ra was the heavier hitter. The changes made to the 7 pip spells, while useful, unfortunately removed a lot of flavor from the game (such as Orthrus loosing a double-hit). Ra is a much more engaging visual than Power Nova, so personally I wish they'd swap the spells but keep the stats the same (so Ra is a 7 pip hit and Power Nova is an 8 pip weaker hit with -40% weakness). Power Nova is one of the least visually engaging spells in the game, and its prominence is unfortunate.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2013
wallynator324234 on Mar 29, 2022 wrote:
Ra is a 8 pip spell and it does 420-500, there is literally no reason to use this spell over powernova which is a 7 pip that does 665 damage. the -40% damage is worthless because I would rather one shot my enemies than wait an extra turn for it. Literally just remove the -40% and make it do 700 damage, and make powernova do like 20 less damage.
old ra did 560-640 without a weakness, so having it do 700 is higher than balance DPP and old nova did 470 and added a 25% weakness

all 7 pip aoe spell have higher that normal DPP as part of the spring update from 2021
so yes power nova and ra did swap stats

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
I agree Ra is underpowered. Its a shame because he strikes like a boss but then only does half the damage for our pips. Not really helpful. I think he should do More damage for 8 pips and still keep the -40% because it helps me a little when I'm in a jam. He should be stronger than power nova.