Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea for dressable "Young wizard" houseguests

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Many players enjoy including mannequins as part of their decor, sometimes using them with castle magic in animated displays. Sometimes they are dressed to match the theme of a house or to "be" the decorator and their friends. Many of my houses need normal-looking human occupants, but the few human houseguests available are generally heavily armed and menacing-looking. So I've used mannequins. But, compared to houseguests, mannequins are stiff and lifeless and for most purposes, a houseguest would be better.

Recently I noticed that some changes were made to the mannequins' arm positions and cape configurations. And I thought it would be great if our mannequins could have faces to be more realistic. But now I'm thinking, why are we limited to mannequins? Wouldn't it be cool to have "young wizard" houseguests that we could dress as we do mannequins? These would be a lot of fun and so much more lively and realistic than mannequins in many housing displays, especially when combined with other houseguests.

The "young wizards" could be crafted with blueprints. It would be most useful to be able to take them to the makeover shop to change their look, but if that's complicated, we could choose the look when we craft them.

I think this would be really popular. Thanks for considering.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
sword tree on Mar 11, 2022 wrote:
Many players enjoy including mannequins as part of their decor, sometimes using them with castle magic in animated displays. Sometimes they are dressed to match the theme of a house or to "be" the decorator and their friends. Many of my houses need normal-looking human occupants, but the few human houseguests available are generally heavily armed and menacing-looking. So I've used mannequins. But, compared to houseguests, mannequins are stiff and lifeless and for most purposes, a houseguest would be better.

Recently I noticed that some changes were made to the mannequins' arm positions and cape configurations. And I thought it would be great if our mannequins could have faces to be more realistic. But now I'm thinking, why are we limited to mannequins? Wouldn't it be cool to have "young wizard" houseguests that we could dress as we do mannequins? These would be a lot of fun and so much more lively and realistic than mannequins in many housing displays, especially when combined with other houseguests.

The "young wizards" could be crafted with blueprints. It would be most useful to be able to take them to the makeover shop to change their look, but if that's complicated, we could choose the look when we craft them.

I think this would be really popular. Thanks for considering.
As a fellow Monstrologist who is dabbling in housing decoration, I think that this is an absolutely stupendous idea. I agree that it would be a huge hit if it were introduced. In the absence of the highly unlikely Extract Wizard being added, I personally would love to see such a thing as well.

However, I must disagree with the use of Blueprints as a Crafting reagent, as it would be hard for those not into Housing or the Spiral Scene event to get it. Perhaps a special reagent relating to Monstrology would be better?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Lookit Light on Mar 18, 2022 wrote:
As a fellow Monstrologist who is dabbling in housing decoration, I think that this is an absolutely stupendous idea. I agree that it would be a huge hit if it were introduced. In the absence of the highly unlikely Extract Wizard being added, I personally would love to see such a thing as well.

However, I must disagree with the use of Blueprints as a Crafting reagent, as it would be hard for those not into Housing or the Spiral Scene event to get it. Perhaps a special reagent relating to Monstrology would be better?
I must disagree with your disagreement; the use of Housing Blueprints is essential. The use of Monstrology on another Wizard does not make that much sense to me as Monstrology is mostly for "monsters" aka NPCs, it would be more appropriate to use Blueprints or another housing related reagent since you are creating a housing item. The Spiral Scene is a great place for it, but yes other sources would be great to have.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
These young wizard houseguests are basically animated mannequins. These houseguests aren't a monstrology item because we don't fight fellow young wizards in the game. Nor can we dress monstrology houseguests.

Your objecting to using blueprints to craft them seems odd to me. These are housing decor items so I'm not sure why people who have no interest in housing would want them? It's not hard to get blueprints in the spiral scene, and there are also usually some on the scroll of fortune. I suggested blueprints precisely because this is a housing decor item. It makes sense to me that players can earn desirable housing items by participating in housing events. The current list of items craftable with blueprints is really good but it's also pretty limited in scope. I think these young wizard houseguests would help to maintain the community's interest in housing and spiral scene. But the blueprints was just one idea for how to put them into the game.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
sword tree on Mar 28, 2022 wrote:
These young wizard houseguests are basically animated mannequins. These houseguests aren't a monstrology item because we don't fight fellow young wizards in the game. Nor can we dress monstrology houseguests.

Your objecting to using blueprints to craft them seems odd to me. These are housing decor items so I'm not sure why people who have no interest in housing would want them? It's not hard to get blueprints in the spiral scene, and there are also usually some on the scroll of fortune. I suggested blueprints precisely because this is a housing decor item. It makes sense to me that players can earn desirable housing items by participating in housing events. The current list of items craftable with blueprints is really good but it's also pretty limited in scope. I think these young wizard houseguests would help to maintain the community's interest in housing and spiral scene. But the blueprints was just one idea for how to put them into the game.
A fair point by you and Exp613.

Let me backtrack my opinion: I'm not complaining against the fact that Blueprint Tokens might very well be a good component in the recipe. What I was thinking when I said that is that the limited and time-sensitive nature of the current methods of acquisition may dissuade some players who might otherwise be engaged. But you have a point.

I'm now imagining the recipe requiring less Bluerprint Tokens than other recipes (around 5), but more things in other areas of crafting (such as the presence of a mannequin in the recipe.) This would still provide a challenge while not being too tied-down to any single event.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Lookit Light on Apr 4, 2022 wrote:
A fair point by you and Exp613.

Let me backtrack my opinion: I'm not complaining against the fact that Blueprint Tokens might very well be a good component in the recipe. What I was thinking when I said that is that the limited and time-sensitive nature of the current methods of acquisition may dissuade some players who might otherwise be engaged. But you have a point.

I'm now imagining the recipe requiring less Bluerprint Tokens than other recipes (around 5), but more things in other areas of crafting (such as the presence of a mannequin in the recipe.) This would still provide a challenge while not being too tied-down to any single event.
Ah, yes that makes sense and I understand your initial hesitation to use them due to the time-limited aspect. I do wish that they were either more readily available too.