Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monstrology Idea: Changing Monstrodome Music

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2016
Every time I enter the monstrodome, I hear a certain ambient theme (I'm assuming it's one of the Wysteria themes), and whenever I battle the creatures in the monstrodome, the Wysteria Combat Theme plays. While I don't have anything against Wysteria's battle music, it would be great if we could change the combat music for our monstrodomes, simply because certain combat themes would fit better for certain monstrodomes (or creature combinations in monstrodomes), and it would give us the feeling as if we were actually in a certain world or area of the game. This idea also applies to seasonal monstrodomes.

How this works: It would work exactly like a music player, but the music plays in the monstrodome. When you place the monstrodome in your house, and click the item, you will see two icons: a monstrology icon, and a music icon. When you click the latter, it will take you to the menu, which is exactly like the music player menu, but instead of two tabs, there will be three tabs: scrolls in your backpack, scrolls added to the list of ambient music, and scrolls added to the list of combat music. Like the music player, this would require music scrolls. You can add the scrolls to either the list of ambient music, or the list of combat music. One scroll can't be in both tabs, but if you have two of the same scroll, then you can place each one in each tab. If you know how a music player works, I don't need to explain anything else.

Let's say I have a random combination of monsters in the monstrodome, and two music scrolls: the Golem Tower theme and the Marleybone combat theme. I would add the Golem Tower theme to the list of ambient music, and the Marleybone combat theme to the list of combat music. I enter the monstrodome and hear the Golem Tower theme, but when I enter combat, I would hear the Marleybone combat theme.

Example: Let's say I just crafted the monstrodome. I decide that I want to make this a "Darkmoor themed" monstrodome, with a few Darkmoor bosses I have as monstrological summons, such as Malistaire the Undying (Shadow), Shane von Shane (Star), Yevgeny NightCreeper, and the Spirit of Darkmoor. I add them in the monstrodome. Then I decide to add the Darkmoor main and combat themes to the list of ambient and combat themes respectively. I decide to go in the monstrodome, and I hear the Darkmoor main theme. When I fight the bosses, I hear the Darkmoor combat theme. It gives off the Darkmoor feeling that much more. It's almost as if you were there.
This is a marvelous idea overall, since this gives players more control over their monstrodomes. I've been wanting something like this ever since the Monstrology update came out. Please make this happen!