Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Alternate / Traditional School Color Palettes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I'm curious as to why Ice is moving on from the traditional light blue and white school colors. With the wizard city visual update, parts of the ice school were changed from white snowflakes/blue background to blue snowflakes/blue background. The new blade changes represent this change too clearly. I personally am in favor of the classy white/light blue look because the blue on blue doesn't contrast as well (to me). The traditional white represents snow, frost, and ice more to me than blue on blue which reminds me more of water (yes I know ice is frozen water).

The book of ice in Ravenwood states the school colors are light blue and white.

The reason I am bringing this up is because at some point Kingsisle will probably change the card art for blades and traps and utilize this change, and I want to start this conversation before it happens.

My suggestion: settings --> gameplay / video options --> change school color palettes.

Each school could have a couple palettes that change the card art colors, blades, traps, for their experience.

The textures don't even have to change necessarily, just visual colors.

Explorer
May 07, 2010
i also vastly prefer the original white/light blue palette for ice. i absolutely agree that the cyan/blue palette has worse contrast and is harder to see. the messy blade revamp makes this especially obvious. the alternate colors only really worked for the school's UI icons. i wish KI would stop worsening the inconsistency with ice's color palette; like you said, the school's book states ice's official colors as white/light blue. this information should be maintained instead of further invalidated by using the cyan/blue colors outside of UI. lack of art(style) consistency is already a growing problem in this game.

ive said this before in a feedback post, but i really hope KI does serious clean-up of the blade revamps to change the shading/lighting and colors so the blades are easier to see and so they use their correct colors -- including changing iceblade back to its original white/light blue palette. like you, i want KI to fix these problems with ice's palette (and other school-blade palettes) before its too late and they just make the problems worse when they change card art and etc.

your idea of giving players an option to choose what color palettes they want to see is interesting. KI has unfortunately been against these types of features in the past (eg. no classic mode improvements), but i feel it'd never hurt to add. players have been asking for these types of classic mode-style options even more recently, so i hope KI will change their mind and start considering these ideas. thanks for sharing yours

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
Not having an ice character, I personally have not noticed this change. Do you mean for clothing/gear you or just the art on the cards and items that you interact with? Personally for me, I am not that bothered with how the cards look, but if you are talking about clothing/gear, then yeah, I would want the colors to have more of a snowy look then water.

The idea of having different school color palettes is an interesting idea but I don't see that happening. It would be a huge undertaking to added graphics to all the cards and items....I think.