Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Player Based Instance Difficulty.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
This comes from playing the game for a long time, but i would like the ability of instance battles (ex bosses and dungeons) to be matched against the player level. For example, if i wanna run Sunken City as an Exalted wizard, the dungeon should have enemies which match my rank and level. This can be an interesting of adding new badges, spellements and reagents to be dropped and also giving a new side activity when reaching max level. I understand that something similar has been accomplished with one shot gauntlets and Duels, but this change would affect all instances currently in the game.

The game has a lot of these interesting instances which while optional, are challenging at the designed level.

Benefits:
- Extra activities available for players to do when reaching max level.
- Reuse old content.
- New locations where spellements can be dropped. ( Example: Level 1-10, can drop rank 1 and 2 spellements, 11-20, can drop rank 3 and 4 spellements. Sunken City would mainly drop death spellements. )
- Add more traffic to less visited locations such as Kensington Park in MB.

Cons:
- Having to create a system which scales enemies to player level.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
KI said themselves that (paraphrased) "Players should not feel the need to return to earlier worlds and instances." Also, it would take a magnificent amount of effort to scale every past instance to higher levels, which is pretty unnecessary.

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
Great idea! Rather than making a system that scales the enemies to players' levels, it can just be a fixed difficulty.

Sunken City is about a Level 10 dungeon so there can be a level 30, 50, and 70 dungeon as well. Yes, this would still be easy for max wizards but they can just go to another dungeon. Imagine a level 160 Graveyard run or a level 200 Aberrant Paradox run

Also, if possible, they could increase drop pool chances so it's more likely to get the maximum amount of drop pools. (ex: Aberrant Paradox will have a very high chance of dropping 3 musicology spellements at the level 200 dungeon.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
I could see there being standardized Stats per Enemy Rank (by school) and Enemy Rank per Wizard Level that scales stats as you level up, but it might be difficult to implement because it's such a fundamental change to how instances work. That doesn't even factor in drops which would require manual adjusting for just about every instance, most of which probably won't ever be visited more than once. Personally I'd rather have that effort go toward making new and unique instances.