Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any good tips about Myth school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2021
I would love to try next school is myth

Give me good reasons and positive tips

Also I don't understand why most people don't like myth so i know myth school is very unpopular when i meet myth wizard very rare in each world.

same way I did talked about Balance are better than life? that I already Posted it

I'm sure myth wizard people are powerful and best hitter so far?

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
I love playing my Myth, but I haven't played her in a while because I've been attempting to level up a Balance and I just got to MooShu with my Balance girl. The one thing I really adore about my Myth, though is the fact that she gets dispels - you get Pierce, Cleanse Ward, Shatter, plus Shift, Dimensional Shift, etcetera, and higher level attack spells also remove wards, which is great. Once you get Orthrus, you're golden. Orthrus is your level 48 spell, but I'll admit to thinking a Myth was hard at first until I realized, maybe for the first time on any of my character builds, that the key to playing Myth was using all of the spells available in the deck. I'd played Myth before and had ignored Pierce, Cleanse Ward and Shatter, but when I liberally started using them, the fights took a little longer, but I also lived longer, so win-win.

I don't depend as much on the minions on my Myth, I primarily use her with Orthrus and everything goes bye-bye rather quickly, but I'm not too far into Celestia at this point with her, so i don't know if my strategy will hold up for very long (and I haven't played her for a while, so..)

But I definitely think Myth's fun to play, just don't ignore the spells you may on another character. Because the key to Myth in my opinion are the cool extra spells, the ones that aren't attack spells necessarily.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
the issue is, people love comparing Myth to Storm as a weaker, and spirit version of storm. This is entirely untrue. Myth can be great, but you have to understand what it's strengths are, in relation to how YOU play. I have a myth that has been successful.

1) Myth is the school of minions, but the minions stink. However, Monstrology came along and fixed that.
2) Myth for a long time needed a better AoE than Earthquake, and Orthus fixed that.
3) In fixing that, they took something people LOVED from Myth; the "double tap" spells. You know, the ones that would hit weakly at first, then hit REALLY hard after that. Those spells were awesome because they would break shields, and hit hard. Then they took one of them and turned it into the new AoE (Orthus), so now Myth only has 2 left (Minotaur and King Artorius). I feel more Myth spells should be "double tap" spells.

There is also another issue Myth has. While it has double tap spells, it has no trap to cater to this. Fire has Fuel (which half caters to their over time aspects), but Myth has nothing to cater to their double tap spells. I had suggested a long time ago to give Myth a trap spell that would give 2 traps on an enemy. One would be (as an example) a 70% buff to the first hit, then a 30% buff to the second hit. This way, it buffs both hits, but wouldnt be considered game breaking.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Myth can be a very fun school. I'm in the minority and even like to play with the minions well past when they are viable. (I like having a friend okay! lol) So so long as you are okay to play a little slower then this is a fun School.

The reason that people say they don't like Myth is because it's not very conducive to Alpha-striking (hit hard and Fast) that Fire and Storm like to do so it makes it hard when no one uses any other strategy.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
exp613 on Aug 6, 2021 wrote:
Myth can be a very fun school. I'm in the minority and even like to play with the minions well past when they are viable. (I like having a friend okay! lol) So so long as you are okay to play a little slower then this is a fun School.

The reason that people say they don't like Myth is because it's not very conducive to Alpha-striking (hit hard and Fast) that Fire and Storm like to do so it makes it hard when no one uses any other strategy.
I definitely agree with this - I solo primarily, so when I'm on my Myth, the minions are super helpful, even if its only for a few rounds at higher levels (and at lower levels they were invaluable). Myth simply requires more patience at lower levels (before Orthrus). But it's well worth the effort. I can tell you the one boss or mob I hate drawing Celestia and on on my Death is a Myth, and it's a Myth for a reason. The upper level spells especially can be deadly in a hurry if you're not really careful.