Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Preserve the Original Wizard City quest line?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 19, 2009
This is partially the preservationist in me speaking, but it's a shame that the original quest line is no longer available. It would be nice if it was left as an option when creating a new character for people who have already completed Wizard City.

I obviously don't know the specifics of how Wizard101 runs, but this isn't something that should be too difficult, the quest data is still in the game for people with characters who predate FTUE updates.

I posted this in the Test Realm section because of the recent changes to Firecat Alley and Cyclops Lane, but it might be more suited to the Dorms.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2016
I think changing the quest line is not a bad idea, and when you start over on another wizard it is more tolerable when there is something new that you haven't done before on other wizards.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Julia FrostHeart on Jul 7, 2021 wrote:
I think changing the quest line is not a bad idea, and when you start over on another wizard it is more tolerable when there is something new that you haven't done before on other wizards.
There's nothing wrong with the change in quest line, but both should remain as an option.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
A family member who returned to play some wiz this summer after some years absence said she was very disappointed about the changes to wizard city. A lot of the players grew up playing wiz and have a lot of nostalgia for the original game. Some of the changes are nice, others are awful, like the constant flashing lightning in some areas, that gives me a headache and I get out of that area as fast as I can. It would be very nice to have alternate quest lines, in fact, to do this farther through the game, because it does get dull playing through the exact same thing every time.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I just played through the new content and I agree completely. I liked the change in Cyclops way of having more interaction with the other students and I even liked the Evil One as being the big bad. However, I felt some of the changes undermined the story- for example when Cyrus sends us to Ambrose with the note asking for our dismissal, they re-recorded the line so now Ambrose says it flatly instead of the "I will NOT expell you- no matter what Profess or Drake says". Romulus and General Achkilles also feel very written out of the story- they don't play an important part and honestly Achkilles's dialogue seems oddly written... I don't understand the point of the Warhorns in the new version. The old story of them being mercenaries for the Cyclops made a lot more sense. The Eye Crystal Ball also looked very cool though!

Firecat Alley-similar issues. I liked how they focused a little bit more on Gretta and I loved the introduction of Lizzo. It was also funny when defeating the Ghostly Golems that they were like: "we don't want to go back to the Dark Cave. It's too spooky". Lol. However, I felt that Private Quinn, Alicane Swiftarrow and especially Shelus Gruffheart were written off as a bunch of goofs. It's just kind of sad given that they each seemed to be more competent and had a better story in the old version. I was also annoyed slightly by the changes in Voice Actors, some of which I understand it may be hard to get the same person again, but Gretta suffers from a similar issue as Ashely the Fire Tree in that the age of the voice, doesn't appear to match the character. She looks like she's an old witch, but she sounds like a powerpuff girl half the time. (Ashley has the opposite problem and had an AMAZING, warm and cheery, valley girl type accent that matched her character model but now she is a thick old Russian crone accent and the same model :/ ).

It also felt very "rushed" I get that some people want to get through the WC content as fast as possible, but If I was a new player and went that fast to hit the next paywall, I'd be very disappointed. I don't think I should hit the paywall again that quickly.