Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Customizable Sign Option Request (!!!)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Hello!

I posted to this forum last summer about some specific requests I had for customizable sign options, and was extremely happy/excited to see most of them added into the game later that year in the fall update! So firstly, I'd like to (belatedly) thank the development team for listening to players' input- it's truly very appreciated. However, while most of the suggestions I mentioned were implemented, there was one in particular that I noticed was not- and it's one that would still make quite a significant difference to me (and seems very doable), so I just wanted to reiterate the request so hopefully it can be taken into consideration now. Here's my explanation of the request from my original post last year-

I've recently been setting up a teleporter area in one of my castles to link to all of my other castles. I currently have 51 castles, so as you can imagine, the idea of being able to label each one is very appealing. However, I noticed that the customizable signs currently only offer the ability to say "_character's name_'s _castle name_". As my character has a fairly long name (Jasmine WillowDust), this makes a lot the signs turn out very wordy, with small text that is squished-looking and generally hard to read. I would like to request the option to have castle names available on the sign menu that do NOT include your wizard's name. So, instead of saying "Jasmine WillowDust's Massive Fantasy Palace" (for example), it would just say "Massive Fantasy Palace", which I think would look a lot nicer and clearer for my needs. (Also, considering I intend on having a lot of signs for castles in the same area, having them all say my character's name seems pretty redundant.) This option would be SO much better for me, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to feel that way! If a sign is in a wizard's home, I think it's fairly obvious that it will link to THEIR castle, so I don't feel like the character name is really necessary. However, you could still leave the original option, and just add the new option as a separate category (if you decide to add this option at all).

So- that's the request! I've already seen at least one other player on the forums mention interest in this change as well (and I'm sure many others feel the same way), so I think it would be REALLY really appreciated if it was added to the game soon! I genuinely can't stress enough what a HUGE improvement this would be to my ability to use the signs effectively- I really hope it's possible to make happen.

Thanks so much! :)

Good news! This request should be in the Summer Update.

Arthur (Gary)