Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Event Points when Fleeing in Beastmoon Hunt

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Alright, it's about time this issue is addressed.

When you flee or are defeated in battle in Beastmoon Hunt (longer than the revival grace) and your teammate wins the battle, they get credit for capturing the ring and defeating opponents in a battle ring. You, however, only get credit for capturing the ring. You do not share any portion of the event points for defeating opponents - even if say you are alive to defeat all but one.

This issue desperately needs addressed now that there is a cap on Capturing Battle Rings. It is not uncommon for Beastmoon players to play a lot in a given day (especially weekends). If they hit their 30 captures (which can be achieved easily in 2-5 games), they don't get any credit for those battles.

I've been on winning teams today where players received only 5 event points. It is difficult for certain forms to not be quickly targeted, such as healers or squishy forms. A healer is most effective in team battles and thus when defeated, they must flee and help out elsewhere. Their contributions are still positive in the game itself, but they get no event points.

I shudder at being on a losing team and getting ZERO event points for an entire match.

I'd suggest fleeing characters get credit for at least enemies defeated BEFORE they fled/died or get a full share in the victory like the player who finishes the fight.

I know this sounds like a nit-pick, but trust me this is a BIG issue with Beastmoon, which will become apparent by the end of the week. Lastly, I appreciate the buff in rewards. I think it still could use a little extra something else to really feel rewarding, but dropping idols definitely was a good move.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
I totally agree with you on this. i just left a match because i literally am always targeted an its unfair to me when i get team mates are are just all around just pure garbage. just today i died on a clossus,pig,and draconian because imediately players save up their rank 2 pips an basically one shot me on the first round.another thing that needs to be adressed is fake reporting people while in beast moon matches, i've been in to many situtations where i dont curse or dont do anything wrong an i get fake reported because these Elitist cuthroat players wanna be bossing people around but when told they dont pay my sub an then try to accuse me of throwing the match they fake report me. i am concerened that one day i will get my account shut down do to a system error because of all the fake reports i have had made against me. the hall monitors need to come back an devs need to be more involved in stuff an see how people treat other players . i am tired of standing up to bullys who fake report me only to turn around and have them acting like they are the victims an play the victim card as if im the one personally attacking them.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
This has annoyed me since the very beginning. But yes, if the ring cap limit is being fixed to a per day. This needs to be changed, because you have people that troll so you don't get the Scroll of Fortune points.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Update:

It seems leaving, fleeing, and going AFK are growing strategies when on a losing team. I've seen more matches being thrown too.

The problem is that there's no incentive to try anymore, as event points become capped or players finish the scroll. Your personal performance does not affect your non-point rewards at the end, so it doesn't matter if you go afk or not.

It'd be really nice to see a small bonus of like Arena tickets, gold, or even some lunari that scales based on how well you do. If you get 20 captures in a game you lose, you get ZERO points for that (if you get the 30 caps). You get the same lunari and other drops than if you did nothing at all. The only way to get anything is to battle, and it can be very easy to die depending on your form.

Making spellements a core part of Beastmoon is a terrible decision.

I've played in Discord groups, friend groups, random groups, and just randoms. They're all more focused on winning, since the disparity between drops is tremendous. I love Beastmoon Hunt, but it's becoming more like Monster Mayhem, where it's too stressful and frustrating to be fun.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
I have also been annoyed by this from the start. There is literally no reason why this exists in my opinion, I think you should get points no matter what, as long as you were present in the battle.

Administrator
Orzee on May 10, 2021 wrote:
Update:

It seems leaving, fleeing, and going AFK are growing strategies when on a losing team. I've seen more matches being thrown too.

The problem is that there's no incentive to try anymore, as event points become capped or players finish the scroll. Your personal performance does not affect your non-point rewards at the end, so it doesn't matter if you go afk or not.

It'd be really nice to see a small bonus of like Arena tickets, gold, or even some lunari that scales based on how well you do. If you get 20 captures in a game you lose, you get ZERO points for that (if you get the 30 caps). You get the same lunari and other drops than if you did nothing at all. The only way to get anything is to battle, and it can be very easy to die depending on your form.

Making spellements a core part of Beastmoon is a terrible decision.

I've played in Discord groups, friend groups, random groups, and just randoms. They're all more focused on winning, since the disparity between drops is tremendous. I love Beastmoon Hunt, but it's becoming more like Monster Mayhem, where it's too stressful and frustrating to be fun.
We've removed comments regarding the event population. These are pure speculation, and in fact we've had more players playing recently. Any pure speculatory comments based solely on pushing a viewpoint and that directly contradicts the facts may be removed from future posts.

Developer
Orzee, you bring up a good point, I'll discuss it with the others to see if there are reasons why we don't want to do it (cause there may be either design or tech reasons).

It is true that certain Beastforms get targeted more then others. I think this comes down to what Beastforms you decide to pair up with and what Beastforms you are going against. I would also recommend grouping up with your friends prior to joining the Beasmoon events. A good tank is a vital teammate when you are playing something with low hit points.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
RandomsWorld on May 11, 2021 wrote:
Orzee, you bring up a good point, I'll discuss it with the others to see if there are reasons why we don't want to do it (cause there may be either design or tech reasons).

It is true that certain Beastforms get targeted more then others. I think this comes down to what Beastforms you decide to pair up with and what Beastforms you are going against. I would also recommend grouping up with your friends prior to joining the Beasmoon events. A good tank is a vital teammate when you are playing something with low hit points.
I think for me personally RandomsWorld, it's especially frustrating when you've killed one of them and then the other realizes that they aren't going to win so that they then flee. It doesn't count them as "defeating an opponent" because they fled. It still awards points towards the round though so hopefully that isn't a technical issue.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
@RandomsWorld, I think the point being made is that if you play a "squishy" form like elf or rat, no matter your teammates, you will be targeted first and often die by the second turn. But that does not mean you didn't contribute to the match. These forms are often key to winning, and yet if it takes their team too long to win after they die (perhaps because they joined with tanky, slower hitting forms as you suggested), they don't get credit for assisting with the win. It's true that they could flee and join another battle, but it still seems unfair.

Maybe it would be more fair to award half points to players who were dead for too long before the match was won than to ignore their contribution to the team effort?

As far as grouping with your friends before joining beastmoon, yes, we all want to do this, but KI's block on chatting into beastmoon has made this unnecessarily difficult and very frustrating to do. I always join with friends if I can, but for how long should I try over and over and over to chat them before giving up and joining alone? 30 minutes? An hour? This happens a lot, and at some point, I just give up and go.

As far as the point limits go, I do understand that KI wants to limit the points, but why can't this be done per event rather than per day? The daily limit is very micromanaging. Why should a player who can only play on weekends but plays all day be penalized for points compared to a player who can play 2 hours every day? If a player is using a form that works well with their team, why should they feel pressed to switch to an alt that maybe doesn't have that form just because they hit their daily point limit? In this event, I was able to get the idols on the wizards I was playing, and then I had some time left over. I would have liked to try to get an idol on another wizard. But with the daily point limit, I didn't think I would be able to.