Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening Update!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 11, 2014
To my fellow Gardeners out there and Lovely Developers/Sparck!

I would really like to see some improvements in Gardening:

1. An "updated" Plow All spell - but in the form of a halo to select the area to plow (Just like Pest Spells) because right now it plows every empty plot you have in your house and you really don't want this to happen.

2. A Harvest All Spell - Can be controversial as it would alter backpack space if used accidentally, but since it's a spell, you can prepare in advance to have free space in your backpack/bank and then use the spell, or KI codes it to limit the harvest to your backpack limit)

3. I'd like the Animation for casting a spell to be shortened (Not really needed, but could be nice cause not having Plant All at low level is annoying)

4. This one idea was from a friend, shoutout to Ross - What about soils and plants to stop counting as housing item space when they are not as they take a lot of housing space!

What do you think about those? There was recently a Housing Rountable. An eventual Gardening Roundtable would be nice

Michael ThunderBlood (Kenny Bagwan)

Administrator
MichaelThunderbloo... on Mar 13, 2021 wrote:
To my fellow Gardeners out there and Lovely Developers/Sparck!

I would really like to see some improvements in Gardening:

1. An "updated" Plow All spell - but in the form of a halo to select the area to plow (Just like Pest Spells) because right now it plows every empty plot you have in your house and you really don't want this to happen.

2. A Harvest All Spell - Can be controversial as it would alter backpack space if used accidentally, but since it's a spell, you can prepare in advance to have free space in your backpack/bank and then use the spell, or KI codes it to limit the harvest to your backpack limit)

3. I'd like the Animation for casting a spell to be shortened (Not really needed, but could be nice cause not having Plant All at low level is annoying)

4. This one idea was from a friend, shoutout to Ross - What about soils and plants to stop counting as housing item space when they are not as they take a lot of housing space!

What do you think about those? There was recently a Housing Rountable. An eventual Gardening Roundtable would be nice

Michael ThunderBlood (Kenny Bagwan)
Great ideas!

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
I would like it if plants didn't take up housing space. However, Arthur Wethersfield (housing dev) did talk about why housing limitations exist in the recent housing round table.It's about processing power and having your machine load up how ever many items in your house as well as the house environment itself. If you have some extremely high number of plants, furniture, pets/mounts, and house guests I think the average computer would slow to a crawl trying to load all of that if not just flat out crash. Plants may not technically be furniture items, but they still have models, animations, and sounds that need to be loaded up every time you enter a house. So while I would like to see the limitation removed I do understand why it's there.

One thing I would also like to see is a housing item that would allow you to make any house a "liked" house by all plants within the house. This "like" bonus would not stack with a house that already has this bonus like the Red Barn Farm. Perhaps it could be a house guest version of the gardening trainer moles.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
1) yes!!
2) Make the harvest/plant/seed all spells like this
3) This is actually a case where actually turning OFF the animation should be an option. Nobody but the PC tends to see the animation, and by level 10, let alone 20, nobody cares about the animations anymore

I'll go 1 further, make all of the TEND ALL spells traininable. Right now they're only in TC form, but it would be great if we could learn the (for example) Water all plants outside in one shot

Survivor
Sep 11, 2014
Sparck on Mar 15, 2021 wrote:
Great ideas!
Thank you for your response Sparck, I really hope y'all look into it. Keep up with the good work and stay safe

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
It would be nice to have a pest summoning spell, too! But I've been saying that for several weeks

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
Tanner Silver on Mar 15, 2021 wrote:
I would like it if plants didn't take up housing space. However, Arthur Wethersfield (housing dev) did talk about why housing limitations exist in the recent housing round table.It's about processing power and having your machine load up how ever many items in your house as well as the house environment itself. If you have some extremely high number of plants, furniture, pets/mounts, and house guests I think the average computer would slow to a crawl trying to load all of that if not just flat out crash. Plants may not technically be furniture items, but they still have models, animations, and sounds that need to be loaded up every time you enter a house. So while I would like to see the limitation removed I do understand why it's there.

One thing I would also like to see is a housing item that would allow you to make any house a "liked" house by all plants within the house. This "like" bonus would not stack with a house that already has this bonus like the Red Barn Farm. Perhaps it could be a house guest version of the gardening trainer moles.
I like your idea of turning a house to a liked house, so we can spend more time looking at a different environment instead of the Red Barn Farm all the time.