Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting Dragoon Gear

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
Dear KI,

I know people have complained about this before but I just have to say this experience of farming for alchemicals and crafting Dragoon gear has been zero fun.

I know that Uber gear is comparable, however, it doesn't offer the set bonus that Dragoon does.

I also know that you really can't change anything now because it wouldn't be fair to all of those who have spent hours and hours farming for the reagents.

But for a working mom who is trying to find something that has previously been fun, I have to say I'm fed up. Either offer chests that have the reagents, a triple reagent events, or offer alchemical packs. Something...anything.

I can tell you that those of us who are still trying to craft the Dragoon gear that have been farming all weekend to capitalize on the double reagent event are cranky and disgruntled.

Please don't put us through this again. I mean... why 300 alchemical extracts? For people with several characters, this is just an aggravating grind.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
This was originally intended to be a time sink for max level players before the new world came out. It still is one. I don't think that this particular set should be available for money. It's intended to be a grind.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2018
EmmalineWillowsong on Feb 22, 2021 wrote:
Dear KI,

I know people have complained about this before but I just have to say this experience of farming for alchemicals and crafting Dragoon gear has been zero fun.

I know that Uber gear is comparable, however, it doesn't offer the set bonus that Dragoon does.

I also know that you really can't change anything now because it wouldn't be fair to all of those who have spent hours and hours farming for the reagents.

But for a working mom who is trying to find something that has previously been fun, I have to say I'm fed up. Either offer chests that have the reagents, a triple reagent events, or offer alchemical packs. Something...anything.

I can tell you that those of us who are still trying to craft the Dragoon gear that have been farming all weekend to capitalize on the double reagent event are cranky and disgruntled.

Please don't put us through this again. I mean... why 300 alchemical extracts? For people with several characters, this is just an aggravating grind.
so your trying to make everything easy....??? then whats the point in ( normally when you have your set you can be proud of it ) but if you get everything eze as you want it to be..... then it feels like its another drop from a mob!!!!! feel the luv girl (FEEL THE LUV )

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
EmmalineWillowsong on Feb 22, 2021 wrote:
Dear KI,

I was lucky enough to get a Vanguard hat, so crafting the Dragoon helm was not as difficult as it could have been. However, given the amazing stats-including the set bonuses-Dragoon gear offers, I don't feel farming for the reagents should be easier.

I have two pieces of Dragoon gear, and one piece of Vanguard gear, and I'm good. I can solo Karamelle on my ice (not always by choice, but that's the way it seems to be) without too much trouble, and I have a nice health boost. I've seen people with every piece of Dragoon gear, and I am in awe of their focus and persistence. I guess if they can do it, so can we!