Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP- MAX Tier

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
For quite sometime I've taken the liberty to explore the vast diversity within the pvp realm, so as to understand the full concept of what max pvp brings to the table. Through frequently analysis of certain match ups with the new changes implemented, I understood one thing, pvp didn't got better it cost worst. Despite the changes to rebalance shadow spells, nerf effects etc, schools that were already in the top tier were still up there specifically the Ice school.

While the focus of my subject isn't to specifically target certain schools per say, If we do not learn from history we are doomed to repeat it. While that's being said, one of few changes necessary in order to maintain this 4th age meta versatility but also to ensure players aren't just winning matches because of broken spells effect, it is very vital that some changes should be made.

Here are the steps:
1.Cap damage and Resistance to a minimum of 25 to a maximum of 50% ratio. Eliminates the idea of Immunity pvp only.
2.Increase pierce vs Resist damage for damage classes.
3.Revert Critical healing but cap outgoing to out/incoming to 50% pvp only.
4.Increase the pip value of first turn player at 5 and keep second at 5 since its turn base.
5.We need a spell that can reflect back a % of damage of non effect damage spells such as dot.
6.A 2 round bubble lock after caster initiates a bubble change only.
7.A timer spells that shatters all blades and shields after 2-3 rounds enforcing players to play more offensively than rely on stall strategies.
8.An enchant that neutralize resist at the cost of shadow pips etc.
9.A hanging shield effect temporarily eliminates all users resistance.

Just a few of the many ways max pvp can be balanced on a progressive scale.