Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

winter scroll

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
I have played the events for the winter scroll since it came out EXCEPT the Beastmoon events. There will NOT be enough time to finish the scroll.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
There's a member benefit that doubles all points you earn in the Scroll of Fortune, so perhaps taking of that tomorrow when the Pet Promenade returns will help?

And I am of the strong opinion that there should be multiple events up at one time, in order to prevent issues like the one you are having. If someone isn't a fan of, say, the Beastmoon, then they should have a different way to get points rather than having to sit out for a week. I propose pairing up the "hardcore" events (which are the two Beastmoons and the Deckathalon currently) with one of the "casual" events (Spiral Showcase, Scene, and the Pet Promenade).

Explorer
Nov 16, 2016
I like the pairing up idea. I don't do Deckathalon and play the Beastmoons sparingly as they are a significant time commitment. Games can sometimes take awhile. The "soft" three can be done a little at a time and I can stop when I want to. It is hard to get my Wizards to the end of the Scroll of Fortune rewards.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
I don't think I'll be able to complete the winter scroll for my wizards either. There were many beastmoon events which I don't play. I do the daily every day. Even with double points, I doubt if my wizards will complete the winter scroll. How about a prorated portion in crowns for those who can't complete it? . I know that won't happen. Torpzun 26 had a good suggestion to double up some events. It will be too late to help this scroll.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
Interesting - the Beastman events are the ones I don't play at all!

If you are close, maybe hit the Pet Promenade hard?

-Indigo

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Adding to the agreement that KI should run two events in parallel. There are people who prefer the Beastmoon and Decathalon events only; and some of us never, ever do them. Since last Fall and now Winter, KI has been doing 2 Beastmoon events for every 1 of the other activities, which is really skewed towards the PVP 'battle-oriented' crowd and handicaps the more 'lifestyle-oriented' players. People who don't do the Beastmoon are losing TWO WEEKS of activity every month. I used to do Decathalon at first, but quit that when KI wrecked it with limited runs each day. That sucked all the joy out of it so no more. But now that I don't do that either, I'm down to only one week where I can try and get points.

One week per month doesn't earn enough points to make it worth paying crowns for the scroll.

Yes there's double points now but it's still not enough because I was shut out so heavily for three out of four weeks every month. Even with double points this week, I still won't reach the end of the scroll. I'll be lucky to hit 2500 points.

Please, either go back to alternating the activities better, or run two activities at once and allow us to choose between a battle-oriented vs. lifestyle-oriented activity each week. That way, no one gets shut out.

Or, allow us to earn up to 20 points per day for gardening and/or using treasure cards on any day and no matter which event is running, as a way to make up for days lost when it's an activity we don't participate in. Since we're supposed to pay real money to participate in this, make sure we get our money's worth!!

Freshta

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Freshta on Feb 24, 2021 wrote:
Adding to the agreement that KI should run two events in parallel. There are people who prefer the Beastmoon and Decathalon events only; and some of us never, ever do them. Since last Fall and now Winter, KI has been doing 2 Beastmoon events for every 1 of the other activities, which is really skewed towards the PVP 'battle-oriented' crowd and handicaps the more 'lifestyle-oriented' players. People who don't do the Beastmoon are losing TWO WEEKS of activity every month. I used to do Decathalon at first, but quit that when KI wrecked it with limited runs each day. That sucked all the joy out of it so no more. But now that I don't do that either, I'm down to only one week where I can try and get points.

One week per month doesn't earn enough points to make it worth paying crowns for the scroll.

Yes there's double points now but it's still not enough because I was shut out so heavily for three out of four weeks every month. Even with double points this week, I still won't reach the end of the scroll. I'll be lucky to hit 2500 points.

Please, either go back to alternating the activities better, or run two activities at once and allow us to choose between a battle-oriented vs. lifestyle-oriented activity each week. That way, no one gets shut out.

Or, allow us to earn up to 20 points per day for gardening and/or using treasure cards on any day and no matter which event is running, as a way to make up for days lost when it's an activity we don't participate in. Since we're supposed to pay real money to participate in this, make sure we get our money's worth!!

Freshta
So Monster Mayhem is NOT PVP it's PVE just FYI. It's also a lot harder.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
So I was able to get it on 3 characters, but I play on about half the events. I do most of the lifestyle events (these usually have about 100 available points per day)

Pet Deckathalon, Spiral Scene, Spiral Showcase etc.

I absolutely DESPISE Deckathalons- I've tried doing them before, but I very rarely get past level 4-I don't have a good enough pet plain and simple (and bad luck).

Beastmoon Monster Mayhem- Is iffy-if the rewards seem ok I will do it, but not always is that the case. It is significantly more difficult than the Beastmoon Hunt. It's PVE, This one is VERY unforgiving and has a steep learning curve. I do not recommend this one unless you've actually played Beastmoon Hunt before. (Basically more than 1 or 2 mistakes and the whole run is bust. :/ )

Beastmoon Hunt- is the PVP one. This is actually my favorite event. It's fun, and a lot more Fair than PVP (doesn't have as steep of a learning curve). I'd recommend giving it a try again (you will have some people that are intense, but most people are cool- just communicate with your team!

The advantage that the Beastmoon events (both types, Good Hunt one and less good Mayhem one) have is that they are not limited in the amount of points you can get for the Scroll of Fortune Awards. Meaning that even if you claim the weekly reward you can go past that and keep getting scroll of Fortune points. I've seen some people even FINISH the Scroll of Fortune waaaay early because of this.

So perhaps the Lifestyle events need some sort of Unlimited option.

Also to get the max level on Scroll of Fortune you need 3150 points or so. EVERY event (except stupid Deckathalon) it is possible to get 100 points per day (usually more). Which means if you get 100 points per day you can finish in about a month. Given the fact that the Deckathalon goes on for 3 months this SHOULD give you enough time to finish on at least one character.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Winter scroll ended BEFORE the pet promenade was ended. So my wizards were unable to complete the scroll. They were so close--24 points away, 43 points away and 56 points away. Had the scroll run until the pet promenade was over, they would have completed the scroll. Not happy. Plus with no crown sale in 2 months, I won't be buying the next scrolls for the wizards in my 2 accounts.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
exp613 on Feb 25, 2021 wrote:
So I was able to get it on 3 characters, but I play on about half the events. I do most of the lifestyle events (these usually have about 100 available points per day)

I absolutely DESPISE Deckathalons- I've tried doing them before, but I very rarely get past level 4-I don't have a good enough pet plain and simple (and bad luck).

Beastmoon Monster Mayhem- Is iffy-if the rewards seem ok I will do it, but not always is that the case. It is significantly more difficult than the Beastmoon Hunt. It's PVE, This one is VERY unforgiving and has a steep learning curve. I do not recommend this one unless you've actually played Beastmoon Hunt before. (Basically more than 1 or 2 mistakes and the whole run is bust. :/ )

Beastmoon Hunt- is the PVP one. This is actually my favorite event. It's fun, and a lot more Fair than PVP (doesn't have as steep of a learning curve). I'd recommend giving it a try again (you will have some people that are intense, but most people are cool- just communicate with your team!

The advantage that the Beastmoon events (both types, Good Hunt one and less good Mayhem one) have is that they are not limited in the amount of points you can get for the Scroll of Fortune Awards. Meaning that even if you claim the weekly reward you can go past that and keep getting scroll of Fortune points. I've seen some people even FINISH the Scroll of Fortune waaaay early because of this.

Also to get the max level on Scroll of Fortune you need 3150 points or so. EVERY event (except stupid Deckathalon) it is possible to get 100 points per day (usually more). Which means if you get 100 points per day you can finish in about a month. Given the fact that the Deckathalon goes on for 3 months this SHOULD give you enough time to finish on at least one character.
true i done last summer scroll by intense farming of the hunt 3168 point in one week (and i didn't played hunt anymore for the 3 next month XD)

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
I missed it on my smallest character. Made it to just before the tapestry and then ran out of time. :( Pairing with something that offers and unlimited way to gain points other than Beastmoon would be great.

Explorer
May 30, 2010
exp613 on Feb 25, 2021 wrote:

Yes, but if you don't care for the beastmoon events then you're struggling finishing that scroll UNLESS you do Every Single Thing on the others. And beastmoon takes up half the month every ruddy month.

I'd mind beastmoon a lot less if they did something like fishing or pet training with it, so you could at least get the 20 points for that every day, rather than gardening, when you're toast unless you were gardening anyway.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It's the disparities in the point caps that are most frustrating, though.

Why is gardening limited to only ten points during Beastmoon events that we're forced to sit through for two weeks every single month? Why not 20 or 25 points, so at least it's like every other event item that has a point cap? Or why not make gardening unlimited--if I've got 40 plants to harvest, why can't I get points for all of them?

Why not make gardening or fishing or crafting unlimited, or at least raise their cap higher? It takes time and resources to do these activities, just like it does to go into battles and towers, so why the prejudice against "lifestyle" players when half the rewards are "lifestyle" rewards? I mean, seriously. Why shouldn't I be able to rack up 1000 points from a week of fishing in Azteca, if someone else just said on this very thread, that they got 3000 points from ONE Beastmoon event!?

Why are Beastmoon battles and Deckthalon battle points unlimited, but Every Other Thing in every other event, is limited to no more than 20 points per day? (Except for gardening, which is even more limited to 10?!) That is a major disparity and frankly, I think it's unfair, unwise, unbalanced and unnecessary to place arbitrary limits on HOW we gain points.

Alia Misthaven