Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

50/50 chance of pet type at hatching?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2010
I have been working on making a Clockwork Paladin pet. I gave up on trying to get one from the Kiosk (I had 10 hatches with no Clockwork P. pet). So I farmed it and got one. Right now I am trying to transfer talents from one of my pet's to a Clockwork P. pet. after 20 self hatches with a Web Master the only pet I got back was a Web Master not a Clockwork Paladin .... What am I doing wrong? I was told it was a 50/50 chance of the pet you get back, but these RNG seem out of whack . Am I just having really bad luck I hate spending crowns only to find out it is not possible. Please let me know if other factors are effecting it. Thank you.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2020
furgy81 on Feb 10, 2021 wrote:
I have been working on making a Clockwork Paladin pet. I gave up on trying to get one from the Kiosk (I had 10 hatches with no Clockwork P. pet). So I farmed it and got one. Right now I am trying to transfer talents from one of my pet's to a Clockwork P. pet. after 20 self hatches with a Web Master the only pet I got back was a Web Master not a Clockwork Paladin .... What am I doing wrong? I was told it was a 50/50 chance of the pet you get back, but these RNG seem out of whack . Am I just having really bad luck I hate spending crowns only to find out it is not possible. Please let me know if other factors are effecting it. Thank you.
Based on my personal experience, a majority of the time, you would likely get your pet back. It's RNG so I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
No, it isn't always a 50/50 chance. Some pets are very 'sticky' -- you get them a lot, while others are hard to get. It's chance, but not an even chance. I've needed 10 tries to get a species.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
hi, i have no proof but the chance are not 50/50 most of the time.
i observed (since i started play) crown only pet hatch 20% of the time against non crown only
when an hybrid is possible the chance became 40/40/20 for the hybrid
high pedigree form win often (if crown only vs crown only and non crown against non crown)
80 vs 45 the 80 happen like 75/25
hatching with kiosk seems to give 50/50 but with another player seems it go for 65% to the other one pet and 35% to yours
school only pet of your school are at 70/30 for you but if its another school its 0/100 (if hybrid 0/75/25)

these number are not official and many update happened so thats probably wrong but thats fit good with my pets so thats enough to have a good idea for me.

i recommend you to work on the talent you want and then hatching for the appearence cuz it's seems unlocked talent have more chance to show again 75/25