Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

game updates/ ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 12, 2021
Kinda sucks how we havent had a crowns sale in about a year now. even throwing it out there once a month or even two months would make the community happier. double pet xp is also dwindling. please bring back to old method of rotating events and items through the game. it was much more loved by the community!

secondly a graphical setting which allows us to revert back to old character graphics/animations would be cool too!
and lastly, hopefully this year focuses more on new worlds, and less re-vamps. although re vamped areas are cool, newer areas are cooler.

adding extremely difficult end game content for those who have hit max level can add extra incentives to keep players playing, adding the same mechanical difficulty but reducing fight difficulty for lower level players can keep people playing longer.

And one last suggestion, pvp. please fix it, lol.

here's to a new year and a great company!

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
almacrota2020 on Jan 15, 2021 wrote:
Kinda sucks how we havent had a crowns sale in about a year now. even throwing it out there once a month or even two months would make the community happier. double pet xp is also dwindling. please bring back to old method of rotating events and items through the game. it was much more loved by the community!

secondly a graphical setting which allows us to revert back to old character graphics/animations would be cool too!
and lastly, hopefully this year focuses more on new worlds, and less re-vamps. although re vamped areas are cool, newer areas are cooler.

adding extremely difficult end game content for those who have hit max level can add extra incentives to keep players playing, adding the same mechanical difficulty but reducing fight difficulty for lower level players can keep people playing longer.

And one last suggestion, pvp. please fix it, lol.

here's to a new year and a great company!
I agree with some and not other parts and have an idea of my own:

I really do wish the Member Benefit rotation would come back. We never buy Crowns except on the sales and it was nice before because if we couldn't do it once in a while ( ya know - rent comes first ) We always knew the sale would be back soon and bought then.

In the old days before I had gardens like I do now, the near-loss of double garden and pet rewards would have been devastating. Now it's just disappointing.

** I never use it so I'm not sure - but I think there is a toggle in our book somewhere that does allow us to play in the old graphic set.

I feel like the frequency of new worlds is just fine and I love the graphics updates. The game is so much prettier now and it's nice to have the early game look and feel as rich as the latter parts.

"adding" extremely difficult end game content - implies that it's not already that way. To me it feels just the opposite. Tournaments, Events, House Decorating/Magic, Crafting, Pet Hatching, PVP, etc. keep players focused playing the game between worlds. But since Darkmoore the end of world battles have almost all been miserable.

I wish they did two or three versions of the final dungeons/battles. There could be a setting in our books that automatically sends us into one of three versions: "nerfed" version that usually comes after the next world is open OR sends us into a medium difficulty "challenge" version OR an "expert" version like what we've been getting starting with Darkmoore onward. Maybe there could be three levels to choose from. That way people who have the head, time, and grit can knock themselves out -- but people who don't or who just like playing to explore the world and the story don't have to make themselves miserable to get through a required instance.

The wiki could list all the same rewards for the battle/boss and the xp could be the same no matter which level - but the loot drops would have different odds so that the easiest version might have the lowest drop rate, the middle level has medium drop rate and the higher level has a much better drop rate. On one hand people might grind the low level a lot more - but that difficult experience with great rewards would be available to those players who like that.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I'd love to see the old graphics again of some of the monsters. Unfortunately, Classic mode doesn't bring that back.