Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Teleporter Destination Issues

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 26, 2012
For several months now my housing teleporters have had an issue with occasionally not working properly. Instead of sending me to the proper destination stepping on a portal will play the teleport animation and instead cause my character to simply reappear on the portal, as if I had put the teleporter destination directly under the portal itself.

Logging out of a character and logging back in will occasionally (but not always) solve the issue. I also can't determine anything in particular that causes it to start happening. It just seems like it will start happening at random, and any of my own teleporters I try to use on a given character will begin doing this at least until I try logging in and out again.

For a few added observations - all the teleporters I regularly use have their destination set in a different house from where the teleporter is located. I therefore do not know if this bug still occurs when a teleporter and its destination are in the same house or inside/outside the same house. I also have not personally seen teleporters working incorrectly when I'm in Housing Tours or visiting a friend's house.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
This is not a past several months problem. It's been happening for years. It happens quite often with porters in my dorms, and almost never with porters in houses. Something about the dorm makes them not load correctly I guess, and you get on the porter and go nowhere. Often, but not always, this can be fixed by logging the wizard out and back in again,but sometimes I have to do this several times.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
sword tree on Jan 12, 2021 wrote:
This is not a past several months problem. It's been happening for years. It happens quite often with porters in my dorms, and almost never with porters in houses. Something about the dorm makes them not load correctly I guess, and you get on the porter and go nowhere. Often, but not always, this can be fixed by logging the wizard out and back in again,but sometimes I have to do this several times.
I wasn't aware of how long it has actually been going on. "past several months" was just a personal observation since I started playing regularly again back in the Fall and that's the earliest I recall encountering the issue. I probably wasn't using teleporters as frequently in the more distant past so I didn't notice the issue any further back than that.

I've noticed this issue happens in the Arcanum Apartment as well which is also classified as a dorm. That being said once teleporters start acting this way it doesn't seem to matter whether the teleporters I try to use are in a house or a dorm/apartment. They all stop working correctly. I don't recall ever having a situation where some of my teleporters still work correctly while others don't. It seems to be a character-wide issue until you log in and out enough times to fix it.