Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New additions to our Wizard's Look/Personality.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2009
Just finished the battle with the Aethyr Titan in Empyrea and loved the way our wizard looked and moved and thought it would be cool if we could have that stuff!
I know the outfit is obtainable but not with the mask that was with it, the staff + shield had a unique animation that I just loved as well, and lastly when we moved around we just floated/levitated around.

To sum it up I'd love if we could have a variant of that gear but with the mask, new walking animations if possible, I think it would be cool if we could have gear that kinda glows a bit (Like the gear that looks like Wizard City gear but with the School designs on it), and lastly more detailed Character customization like difference in height/weight to make everybody look a bit more unique.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2017
Okay so I've been thinking...

There's people who identify as male, female, neither, none, all, and much more.

There should be an option to make your character have an 'other' option for the gender question. That way, if there are people who don't feel certain about their gender they identify as (if they identify as one at all), there's an option for that!

People also created characters in middle school and before, along with after those days. Some of those people are not who they were and don't want to delete their character because they don't like it anymore because they don't agree with the gender that they chose then, now.

Body types! This is a big one for me. I'm really short and I'm not skinny. I would really like it if we could have an option to make a character plus size with maybe a sliding bar to choose the size. I feel like we also need amputees, prosthetic limbs, scars and birthmarks. We should also have skin types like vitiligo!
Maybe even feeling tubes for people who have it and want to be who they base their first character on! Hearing aids and even colostomy bags!
Please please please add the other hair options from the 'male' and 'female' sides. I wanted to make a character who was a female with a male hair style and was very disappointed to find out I couldn't. Also there should be the special head pieces for people who wished that KI had added them like the scarves or others!

I also believe that we should be able to choose how our character walks and does the animations for walking, and how they act?
For example, If I wanted a brash kind of character who was loud and kinda rough, I would want to show that in my character. Like the running animation could have different types that a person chooses while creating the character. The standing still animation could have a wizard with their hands on their hips, arms crossed, or even a slouch! I feel like there can be so many options! A book lover, a pet lover and, maybe the punk! Goth, Emo and others could be added as well! I also think that there could be pastels, cute kind of people and the kind who like to be alone and are quiet.

The outfits! I have no clue how we would do this, but maybe the original outfit would have the option to be literal clothes like a skirt, pants, ripped jeans, jeans, platform shoes, scarves, a punk rock outfit, pastels, cute clothes, combat boots, dresses, tee shirts with leggings, oversized hoodies, hoodies and much more!

You guys have so much potential to do more in this game! Please take these things into serious consideration!

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Survivor
Dec 28, 2017
yesssss the character customizations! Body types, height, and other things like scars, birth marks, amputees, prosthetics and even feeding tubes or a hearing aid or two!

The option for head wraps and scarves should also be an option, or it is and I just didn't see it... I think that body positivity should be a thing we spread and honestly having the option to make a character short and a bit plus size would make my day! I always have skinny characters because there's no option for the real body shapes. Hopefully we're able to help make a change with this!

Survivor
Sep 08, 2019
I am very happy about the options for more skin tones and detailed faces. I was wondering if there could be hairstyles with curly or wavy hair? I know that there is an afro and braided hair, but I was hoping for more of a variety other than just straight hair options. It would mean a lot to me if this was possible, thank you!

Survivor
Dec 28, 2017
I was also thinking about people who are colorblind, so if there isn't an option for that, there should be? I also think that there should be pronouns under the names of the wizards, so if someone is non-binary or genderfluid, you can change them whenever and that the people know how to address you and not making assumptions of pronouns. I'll add more ideas later if I come up with more.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
I personally like the current fantasy of the world and don't feel that many of these suggestions would be fitting with the style of the game. Body types would work well because we see many different things and a non-gendered body option would be nice.

I don't think we need to worry about preferred pronouns being displayed, but that's because when I'm playing a female wizard, I don't get offended by being called she/her even though my preferred pronoun is he/him because that's the character I'm playing. If there are non-gendered options for gameplay, then just play the gender you identify with on any given day.

I don't really expect my controversial opinion to make it past the mods, but I do feel the need to push back against some of what I see because I don't think it fits with the fantasy of the game to have characters with disabilities, drastic birthmarks/scars, or medical devices/prosthetic. I don't think there would be a need for preferred pronouns to be shown in game, as the pronoun should just match the wizard you play, just like I don't expect people to call me by my name when I play a character with a different name than me.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
rest on Feb 22, 2021 wrote:
I personally like the current fantasy of the world and don't feel that many of these suggestions would be fitting with the style of the game. Body types would work well because we see many different things and a non-gendered body option would be nice.

I don't think we need to worry about preferred pronouns being displayed, but that's because when I'm playing a female wizard, I don't get offended by being called she/her even though my preferred pronoun is he/him because that's the character I'm playing. If there are non-gendered options for gameplay, then just play the gender you identify with on any given day.

I don't really expect my controversial opinion to make it past the mods, but I do feel the need to push back against some of what I see because I don't think it fits with the fantasy of the game to have characters with disabilities, drastic birthmarks/scars, or medical devices/prosthetic. I don't think there would be a need for preferred pronouns to be shown in game, as the pronoun should just match the wizard you play, just like I don't expect people to call me by my name when I play a character with a different name than me.
Unless I am mistaken, Kingsisle makes an effort to avoid using gender-based pronouns when referring to our wizard. Either that or the code is unable to distinguish between the two genders. This is likely why all the NPC's refer to us as "Wizard" when addressing us.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Lookit Light on Feb 23, 2021 wrote:
Unless I am mistaken, Kingsisle makes an effort to avoid using gender-based pronouns when referring to our wizard. Either that or the code is unable to distinguish between the two genders. This is likely why all the NPC's refer to us as "Wizard" when addressing us.
Thats true for dialogue, but the player's character still HAS a gender. You choose it on character creation and it limits name options as well as dying options (girls can't dye clothing Dark Orange, and boys are banned from Pink).

In addition clothing is different, as some clothing have very different appearances depending on gender (Guardian's Vestment comes to mind).

So while the writers don't refer to the wizard by a gender, we definitely have one and it impacts the experience of playing the game.