Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting timers removed?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
It appears crafting slot timers have now been removed for members, if you have a membership you can craft as fast as you can get the materials. The downside is event points for crafting also seem to have been removed. I used to make most of my progress towards scroll of fortune and the like by steadily crafting honey tombs cereal for my pet. Now I can craft cereal faster than my pet can possibly eat it, but I am not earning nearly as many event points. I hate to be one of those people that constantly complains about new features, but honestly this feels like Kingsisle fixing a mechanic that wasn't broken, and screwing up a related mechanic in the process. I suppose they'll probably rework this when they realize fewer players are going to buy scrolls of fortune because they can't earn event points fast enough to get the top rewards.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
The no craft timers for members was a special event that has since ended (spiral showcase, I think). Crafting pet snacks only earned scroll of fortune points because of the same event. Things are now back to normal, crafting timers are a limitation again, and crafting does not earn scroll of fortune points.