Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adobe Flash Player ending December 31st?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Dear KingsIsle,

I just got a message saying Adobe will no longer support Flash Player as of December 31st, 2020. It says to uninstall it. What should I do. How will this affect the game in the new year? Help!!

Thank you,
Morgon Moonstone

Administrator
Morgan Moonstone on Oct 17, 2020 wrote:
Dear KingsIsle,

I just got a message saying Adobe will no longer support Flash Player as of December 31st, 2020. It says to uninstall it. What should I do. How will this affect the game in the new year? Help!!

Thank you,
Morgon Moonstone
Hi Morgan! The game should run fine without it. You should be ok! If problems still occur though at that time, please feel free to contact our support team.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
just a quick question regarding adobe flash player ending, will the earn crowns video's still require it

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
So, what happens if the game tells you that you need to install flash player (which comes into play on the website as well as the in game crowns video window)? If Flash is no longer supported, do you know if they'll still be releasing older versions? Is there a roadmap to transition from Flash to another method?

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Dear KingsIsle,

Thank you,
Morgon Moonstone
Many games that are on flash have been moving to launchers so they can stay up. Since Wizard101 has always been on a launcher, it won't be a problem.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Sparck on Oct 19, 2020 wrote:
Hi Morgan! The game should run fine without it. You should be ok! If problems still occur though at that time, please feel free to contact our support team.
How will this affect Crowns Videos? I can't watch them if I don't have Adobe Flash Player. My laptop did not have AFP until I installed it because of the videos. I have been aware for some time that AFP would not be supported after December 31, so is KI working to fix what will be an issue for many who do watch the Crowns Videos?

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Dear KingsIsle,

Thank you,
Morgon Moonstone
I just got the same message.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2018
I don't think this will be a problem for wizard101 but what about FREEKI GAMES they use flash player.
like would we not be able to play doodle dug etc. for rewards?