Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Heck hound not doing correct damage.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 28, 2013
KI please explain this one to me. I have a level 8 fire decathlon deck with a 54 fire damahe defense jewel. So basically my straight fire damage reduction is 174. The enemy monster cast a 2 normal pip heck hound. Which by my calculations does 300 damage over 3 rounds. That's 100 per round right. Even if the monster had a bit of a boost, it should hardly do any damage to me. My 174 should absorb 100 per round, give a bit for boosts. So explain why I was taking 124 damage per round?? This would mean to over ride my 174, it would have to be doing 298 per round. this multiplied by 3 rounds comes to 894 damage, for a 2 pip heck hound!! So Kings isle explain how that is possible?

Mark Ravenleaf L130

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
stormkraker on Oct 16, 2020 wrote:
KI please explain this one to me. I have a level 8 fire decathlon deck with a 54 fire damahe defense jewel. So basically my straight fire damage reduction is 174. The enemy monster cast a 2 normal pip heck hound. Which by my calculations does 300 damage over 3 rounds. That's 100 per round right. Even if the monster had a bit of a boost, it should hardly do any damage to me. My 174 should absorb 100 per round, give a bit for boosts. So explain why I was taking 124 damage per round?? This would mean to over ride my 174, it would have to be doing 298 per round. this multiplied by 3 rounds comes to 894 damage, for a 2 pip heck hound!! So Kings isle explain how that is possible?

Mark Ravenleaf L130
I've been having this problem too. Low level pip casts (or high pip casts but not taking all pips) producing 500+ damage per round Heck Hounds (and that's only one of the enemies for the 2nd floor).

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
This is an easy one to answer. Anytime you encounter questionable math anywhere in the Spiral, that is what I call WIZ MATH.