Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help, Balance wizard at a stale mate

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Bosses are officially too hard, I need to restrategize...again. What are some ways a Balance wiz can do hard hitting damage? I already have Power Nova but, phew. My spells barely make a dent now. Level 51.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2020
Try using pets or copy a good balance pet off the kiosk and get full zeus gear with sky iron hasta it will make your quest much better good luck later water works for lvl 60

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Gear is optimal here, especially for sorcerers.

is often touted as the most difficult school to play, especially in solo and especially against balance foes.

As mentioned above, explore the gear alternatives available to you. Right now, I recommend doing a couple runs of Mount Olympus and obtaining your full Zeus set.

A pet is also extremely important. But not just any pet. A good one with solid talents. I recommend one providing an form of universal blade alongside great damage and/or critical enhancing talents.

Do you enchant your cards? I recommend visiting the sun school and training on the damage enchanting spells such as tough and giant. You can use the TC versions of these spells until you learn the actual cards.
Always enchant before you hit. It makes a vast difference.

Using star spells such as amplify in your case does help too.

Good Luck!

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I was silly enough to start as a balance wizard. After playing other types balance seems stupid hard. I can give some pointers, though.

When acquiring a pet seriously consider getting an enchanted armament. These give you sharpen blade item cards, which are extremely helpful in solo battles. Sharpened blades stack with regular blades, so sharpening a balanceblade and a bladestorm effectively gives you two extra blades to stack attacking a tough boss. The item card sharpened blades from the pet are different from (and stack with) blades sharpened with the learned spell, so even after you learn sharpen blade at level 90 or so you still have two extra blades. This helps any school, not just balance, but balance needs the help most.

Own school bosses are a huge problem for balance. Other schools can get away with having a couple of prisms in their regular deck, but that doesn't work for balance. If you are going to solo balance bosses with a balance wizard you really should build a separate deck for them. Pull your judgements or whatever and thrown in a bunch of spectral blast or chimera. Also throw in some tri-blades and maybe tri-traps to boost them. You'll be tempted to keep a couple of regular balance attacks to deal with Minions, but don't forget minions can be killed with chimeras too, and it's easier to draw the right attack spell quickly if you only have one kind. Name the special deck something easy to remember like "balance boss deck" and switch to it when needed, then switch back when done.

For those really tough balance bosses you want a special outfit. Go to the bazaar and buy all the top balance defense gear you can wear. This stretches out your health and gives you breathing space to attack and heal yourself in tough battles. Put on the special balance defense outfit when needed then switch back to your regular outfit when finished.

Enemies who cast tower shields are a real problem for balance. Other schools can get away with popping them with an off-school wand blast, but that doesn't work well for balance, as off school wand blasts will still burn your balance blades and traps. For minions with low health it may be simplest just to overpower the shield with an attack twice as strong as would otherwise be needed. For high health bosses, though, that's a real pain. I always keep some pierce treasure cards in my sideboard for getting rid of annoying shields. Shatters can also be useful as they take out multiple shields in one cast. This is a helpful tactic for other wizard types, too. but most helpful with balance.

Be sure to train the death school spell feint. It is absolutely worth the 7 training points.

Reshuffle is your friend. Keep your decks small so you can draw the cards you need quickly. But if you accidentally run out of spells before the end of the fight, reshuffle. Remember one reshuffle lets you reshuffle once (the cast reshuffle isn't shuffled into the new deck), but two reshuffles let you reshuffle an infinite number of times.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
I recommend using clothing that will help you crit