Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre needs to be shorter

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
When Wizard101 first came out, Dragonspyre was the last world, and it made sense that it took a long time to complete. The quests that seemed to go on forever weren't bothersome, they were fun (ish?) because you were on your way to max level.

Now that DS is simply the last world in the first arc, I feel that it needs to be updated. Get rid of the Obsidian Chest quest, shorten or delete the collect quests. Don't make DS easier, just make it shorter. Someone commented on the forum recently that Celestia takes less time to finish than Dragonspyre. I don't know if that's true, but I do know it feels like it.

I understand that players buy the level 50 elixir so they can skip Dragonspyre, and that results in revenue for KI. Not all of us can afford to do that. It would not only be helpful to shorten DS, it makes sense. Wizard101 is not the same game 12 years later, and DS should not be the same world.

Thank you! Erin Dusk Weaver level 130 and all the other Erin Weavers

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
I personally feel Dragonspyre is the right length. The jump in difficulty from Dragonspyre to Celestia is significantly higher than some of the other jumps that take place throughout the questline. Not every world is going to be the same length - there are some drastic differences even between worlds in the later arcs. Khrysalis is about 270-280 quests long, but Polaris is just 90. Even though there are now multiple arcs, finishing Dragonspyre should still feel like an accomplishment as finishing an arc, like you've crested a hill and now you have to mount an even bigger one.

Cheyenne Stormhunter
Level 130

Defender
May 11, 2013
Snee432 on Sep 29, 2020 wrote:
When Wizard101 first came out, Dragonspyre was the last world, and it made sense that it took a long time to complete. The quests that seemed to go on forever weren't bothersome, they were fun (ish?) because you were on your way to max level.

Now that DS is simply the last world in the first arc, I feel that it needs to be updated. Get rid of the Obsidian Chest quest, shorten or delete the collect quests. Don't make DS easier, just make it shorter. Someone commented on the forum recently that Celestia takes less time to finish than Dragonspyre. I don't know if that's true, but I do know it feels like it.

I understand that players buy the level 50 elixir so they can skip Dragonspyre, and that results in revenue for KI. Not all of us can afford to do that. It would not only be helpful to shorten DS, it makes sense. Wizard101 is not the same game 12 years later, and DS should not be the same world.

When Wizard 101 First came out, Mooshu was the last world not Dragonspyre. Wizard101 is the same game 12 years later, and ALL THE WORLDS, should remain the same, no reason to pick and delete quests "because the world is too long to rush". I can still do DS in less then a day play time. It is short enough. Stop trying to convince the devs to do away with fun parts of the game, just because you're too lazy to do them.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Snee432 on Sep 29, 2020 wrote:

The obsidian chest quest has already been shortened. We previously needed like 10 of them, now we only need like 5. I don't think DS needs to be shortened at all. If we were to improve DS, I'd say let us have all the quests to go into the Labyrinth before we go in there. It's a PITA to go there, then have to go back there, then have to go back there again. Kensington Park (I believe is the right one) is the same way. We get 3 or 4 quests to go back there.