Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Added monstrology benefits

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
As a dedicated fan of monstrology I have to "complain" that the Double Animus & XP event for monstrology doesnt run more frequently.

I'd also like to see more extract animus for different monsters, mainly an Extract Grendel would be so welcome.

Lastly, would it be possible to use collected animus to craft pets? You could implement a system similar to the Sister & Brother Cheesewitz to prevent excessive proliferation of the crafted pets.

About pets: I am not now nor have I ever been a fan of pre-set pets. I believe all first generation pets should have a pre-set collection of talents based entirely on rank and those talents should be randomly selected from the rank pool. This is only on first generation pets, obviously. Hatching currently selects half the new pet's talents from each parent. This is not how it should work. Both parents talents should be in a shuffled pool for 20 total talents. The hatchling then randomly selects 10. After each talent is selected, that talent should be removed from the pool (even duplicate talents) and the pool reshuffled before the next talent is selected.

The jewel for pets at ancient is also kind of silly. It would be more appropriate to give us collars to equip on pets and some collars can have socket(s).

Lastly, crafting. I think crafting in this game leaves much to be desired. Add some spice to the game, add some single use recipes than can do various things. I've made a list of some of the ideas for this:

* Add a random socket to an item.
* Add a specific socket shape to an item.
* Add random stat to an item. (Damage %, Resist %, Critical Rating, Block Chance, etc)
* Add Specific stat to an item.

These are only a few of the endless possibilities. These single use recipes can also be used to craft things like snacks, treasure cards or even gear. I would hope that, if implemented, these recipes could themselves be randomized so that not every recipe that does the same thing is exactly the same. One might call for Mist Wood whereas another calls for Deep Mushroom. I would expect that this would call for a new crafting table that could hold the recipes until used.